Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Aggressive, Vulgar Behavior from Uniformed Non-AA Pilot Passenger

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aggressive, Vulgar Behavior from Uniformed Non-AA Pilot Passenger

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2018, 8:21 am

Totally should have shut up when asked, if you don't understand yourself. Personally, I'm sick and tired of people that just can't refrain from talking for a couple of hours. Keep in mind that *you think* that your conversation is "hushed". But you don't realize that the louder the engine noise the louder your "hushed" conversation becomes. And it TOTALLY DOES NOT MATTER whether he was uniformed or not.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 8:24 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by xela
Personally, I'm sick and tired of people that just can't refrain from talking for a couple of hours.
Not much you can do about it, is there, besides take some personal responsibility for your own comfort and use earplugs or headphones?
chrisboote likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 8:43 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by rjw242
Not much you can do about it, is there, besides take some personal responsibility for your own comfort and use earplugs or headphones?
No reason to assume xela doesn’t use these things to try to drown out the chatterboxes. I often have to add white noise from one of my phone apps to my Bose noise-canceling earbuds to drown them out. The earbuds do a good job of drowning out engine noise, while somehow isolating and making the “quiet” conversation going on nearby even clearer and easier to understand and therefore more difficult to ignore.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by Always Flyin
Legally, no. An assault is an unlawful attempt, coupled with a present ability, to inflict a violent injury on the person of another.
No it isn't

It's an intentional act by one person that creates an apprehension in another of an imminent harmful or offensive contact

This is usually taken to mean a threat of bodily harm coupled with an apparent, present ability to cause the harm, and that is often used as an example of assault, but that is NOT what assault is

And your garbage about 'an unlawful attempt' is just that
Old Jun 14, 2018, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by Always Flyin
No. An assault is basically a swing and a miss--not an "I oughta . . .".

I gave you the LEGAL definition of an assault.

And, yes, I am a lawyer.
I am so glad you have never been my lawyer if you think that's the definition of assualt

What are you, a tax lawyer?
Old Jun 14, 2018, 9:10 am

ITT self-entitled people who think they all other passengers should be silent, with lights out if they want to snooze (and a lawyer who doesn't know common law)

When you fly, you are in a shared space; there will be noise, lights, heat, humidity, smells all not to your liking. You can mitigate against almost all of those for your own comfort. Expecting others to modify their behaviour to accommodate your wishes is ridiculous in the extreme

I usually travel overnight on long-haul. It would never even occur to me to expect fellow passengers not to talk for my convenience - the damn airline evens provides earplugs and headphones and eyemasks for the very reason that others may talk and have their reading lights or TV screens on

USE THEM!
Old Jun 14, 2018, 11:07 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Alas, thread lost.

The (non-AA) pilot in question was just another passenger.

Ongoing discussion of the definition of assault, though no assault occurred here.

Various posts arguing the law, but this is the AA forum and the discussion is off topic.

Too many posts with personal comments about, or directed at, other members.

A number of posts have been deleted since the thread began; a member has been suspended.

brewdog11 and thunderlounge like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.