Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

PSA: AA CTO - Physical Ticketing Office in NYC is Closed (Jun 2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2018, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite

I just went to the NYC physical ticketing office to redeem a paper voucher for a ticket and found out that it's now permanently closed. Not sure how many other people relied on that office over the years, but I thought I'd post it on here as a Public Service Announcement of sorts.
justforfun likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by donotblink
I just went to the NYC physical ticketing office to redeem a paper voucher for a ticket and found out that it's now permanently closed. Not sure how many other people relied on that office over the years, but I thought I'd post it on here as a Public Service Announcement of sorts.
Was this the one in the Waldorf Astoria or the one up Broadway just north of Columbus Circle?
Old Jun 6, 2018, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by george 3
Was this the one in the Waldorf Astoria or the one up Broadway just north of Columbus Circle?
You mean the on Lex near 39th?
Old Jun 6, 2018, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by elkue
I was referencing Lex/39. Incidentally, the Waldorf Astoria is temporarily closed for renovations.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 12:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by elkue
thats the only one I knew of.....it was across the street from AA’s former corporate sales office (before they moved to the joint oneworld office on Park Ave)
Old Jun 6, 2018, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks like 360 Lexington -- https://goo.gl/maps/pDLTD2w6tRv
Old Jun 6, 2018, 12:55 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum; Marriott Platinum
Sad! I always liked this office - quite old fashioned. Though I must admit, the agent who typically worked there was never a model of friendliness or helpfulness. The last time I visited with a ticketing issue, she simply called the EXP desk and handed me the phone.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AAEmpireState
Sad! I always liked this office - quite old fashioned. Though I must admit, the agent who typically worked there was never a model of friendliness or helpfulness. The last time I visited with a ticketing issue, she simply called the EXP desk and handed me the phone.
Really? They were always super nice to me. But then again, all they did for me for the most part was process vouchers.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Interestingly, the only remaining domestic CTOs (City Ticket Offices) are located in South Florida.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by ESpen36
Interestingly, the only remaining domestic CTOs (City Ticket Offices) are located in South Florida.
Not really surprising given the average age down there.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 2:10 pm

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by ESpen36
It's where RM stashes all of the award sAAver inventory
JDiver and jtav559 like this.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 10:13 pm

Programs: AA Exp / Marriott Titanium / Hilton Gold / Hyatt Globalist / United Silver
That's sad. I loved staring at the flight board that they had it down there.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by AAEmpireState
This is identical to my experience also.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 6:46 am
OTD

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Skymiles, Mileage Plus
I didn't know the airlines had those anymore. Last time I went to a ticket office was in the '90s when I had to redeem some United class-action lawsuit vouchers for a family trip.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by OTD
I didn't know the airlines had those anymore. Last time I went to a ticket office was in the '90s when I had to redeem some United class-action lawsuit vouchers for a family trip.

Disappearing in the US for the mainline US carriers. I believe United still has a desk at Penn Station. Some of the essential air service carriers have ones in small towns. Foreign carrier offices still common in NYC for unbanked / low credit immigrants.

Last time I went to one was probably 2008. United gave me a paper voucher that had to be redeemed in person or an airport. Even in 2006, it seemed incredibly outdated.

I also had to wait behind an elderly guy at MSP buying a ticket in person last year when trying to check in. It was a painful 20 minutes. Like watching a person go through the inside of your mind when you search online “what if I left Tuesday… does that change the price? OK what if I came back the next week?”

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.