FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PSA: AA CTO - Physical Ticketing Office in NYC is Closed (Jun 2018)
Old Jun 7, 2018, 7:10 am
ne52

Originally Posted by OTD
I didn't know the airlines had those anymore. Last time I went to a ticket office was in the '90s when I had to redeem some United class-action lawsuit vouchers for a family trip.

Disappearing in the US for the mainline US carriers. I believe United still has a desk at Penn Station. Some of the essential air service carriers have ones in small towns. Foreign carrier offices still common in NYC for unbanked / low credit immigrants.

Last time I went to one was probably 2008. United gave me a paper voucher that had to be redeemed in person or an airport. Even in 2006, it seemed incredibly outdated.

I also had to wait behind an elderly guy at MSP buying a ticket in person last year when trying to check in. It was a painful 20 minutes. Like watching a person go through the inside of your mind when you search online “what if I left Tuesday… does that change the price? OK what if I came back the next week?”