Wiki Posts
Search

Premium economy seat sold as economy.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2018, 5:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Premium economy seat sold as economy.

So I had a flight a few weeks ago from LAX to LHR on a Y ticket and they opened the PE cabin for regular economy passengers. There wasn't PE service, but regardless, I had a much better flight than I expected.

Was wondering if there is any rhyme or reason as to what routes they do this service?
Old Jun 7, 2018, 5:54 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
So I had a flight a few weeks ago from LAX to LHR on a Y ticket and they opened the PE cabin for regular economy passengers. There wasn't PE service, but regardless, I had a much better flight than I expected.

Was wondering if there is any rhyme or reason as to what routes they do this service?
They need to complete the conversion of the 772 fleet to have PE on all planes before they can sell that class of service due to equipment rotations. For example, the dedicated 77W routes will finally start true PE service on June 26th since all those birds have been converted to offer PE seats, until then, the PE seats will be available for Y ticket holders (access priority given to AA top tiers, of course).
JDiver and dfw88 like this.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 5:57 am

Programs: BA Gold
More info in the wiki at: AA 777-300ER / 77W Premium Economy & Best PE Seat, Service
Old Jun 7, 2018, 6:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Thanks for the answers. So, looks like I just got lucky and doubt I'll be able to use it again.
JDiver likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 7:33 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
Thanks for the answers. So, looks like I just got lucky and doubt I'll be able to use it again.
The 45 Business Seat 772s are experiencing a delay in the conversion to J 37 and addition of Premium Economy, so it’s possible you could do this for a few months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.