Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: DFW Admirals Club D Closed Apr 2018 - (new AC, FL, FFD open 16 May 2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 8, 2018, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Terminal D Admirals Club (with its not quite Flagship First Dining) closed 7 April 2018 (concurrently with the reopening of the refurbished Terminal A Admirals Club). The new D Club reopened 16 May 2019 encompassing a Flagship Lounge that will serve qualifying passengers of AA, BA, QF, QR (instead of their operating contract lounges), an Admirals Club and Flagship First Dining facility.

The new Terminal D Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge and Flagship First Dining facility is OPEN. This thread is now archived. Please follow and discuss the facility here: Dallas DFW “D” Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge, Flagship First Dining 16 May 2019
Reimagining our lounges
An update on what’s next at DFW
We know you travel through Dallas Fort Worth often. And we can’t wait for you to experience our all-new Terminal D Admirals Club®, Flagship® Lounge and Flagship® First Dining in 2019.

To complete construction sooner, we’ve temporarily closed the Admirals Club lounge and International First Class Dining in Terminal D.

You’ll still have several Admirals Club lounges at DFW:

* NOW OPEN: Terminal A (near gate A24) (fully opened 7 Apr 2018)

* Terminal B (near gate B4)

* Terminal C (near gate C19)

*If you’re traveling on a qualifying international First or Business ticket* or have qualifying status**, you can visit our temporary Premium Lounge in Terminal D (near gate D36).

The interim “Premium Lounge” across from gate D36 is now open for qualified international passengers (not Admirals Club members on non-Flagship or Admirals Lounge qualifying flights):

*Includes international flights between the U.S. and Asia, Australia, Central America, Europe, Mexico City (MEX), New Zealand and South America

**Includes AAdvantage® Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro and Platinum status departing on or connecting to a qualifying international flight (between the U.S. and Asia, Australia, Central America, Europe, Mexico City MEX, New Zealand and South America) marketed and operated by American or a oneworld® carrier (regardless of cabin). ConciergeKeySM and oneworld (excl AAdvantage) Emerald/Sapphire members get access when traveling the same day on any flight marketed and operated by American or a oneworld airline (regardless of cabin).
This interim ad hoc but spacious Premium Lounge now has its liquor license; some report there are a few showers.
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: DFW Admirals Club D Closed Apr 2018 - (new AC, FL, FFD open 16 May 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2018, 9:23 am

Programs: AA CK, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Globalist
Does anyone know if the temporary lounge in Terminal D has received its liquor license yet? Curious to know how things are going during the learning phase of their opening
Old Apr 14, 2018, 10:16 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by JSSAUCE
Maybe this should be added as well from the email...

*Includes international flights between the U.S. and Asia, Australia, Central America, Europe, Mexico City (MEX), New Zealand and South America

**Includes AAdvantage
® Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro and Platinum status departing on or connecting to a qualifying international flight (between the U.S. and Asia, Australia, Central America, Europe, Mexico City MEX, New Zealand and South America) marketed and operated by American or a oneworld® carrier (regardless of cabin). ConciergeKeySM members get access when traveling the same day on any flight marketed and operated by American or a oneworld airline (regardless of cabin).
That’s the usual language governing access to Admirals Clubs by non-members, and of course you can add it to the Wikipost yourself, if you wish. Wikiposts are community property, editable by any signed in member with 90 days and 90 posts. (And it’s harder for me to work with grey on grey until I have my cataract surgery.)
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 11:08 am

Programs: AA Plat; MR LT Titanium; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cwiderst
Does anyone know if the temporary lounge in Terminal D has received its liquor license yet? Curious to know how things are going during the learning phase of their opening
I'd like to find out about this too. I'll be passing through on Tuesday on my way to LHR, and if they don't have their liquor license, I'll probably just go the AC in A. It's incredible that they would rush to open a "premium" lounge without the ability to serve alcohol!
Old Apr 14, 2018, 11:34 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Why not just call the Admirals Club office for information?

M-F 7 am - 7 pm 800-237-7971

or email via eform here.

That might also add some heat...
Old Apr 14, 2018, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by JDiver

or email via eform here.

Thanks! I'll definitely call them on Monday (and post the results here).
JDiver likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA CK EXP 3MM, National EE, Hertz Plat
That’s the usual language governing access to Admirals Clubs by non-members, and of course you can add it to the Wikipost yourself, if you wish. Wikiposts are community property, editable by any signed in member with 90 days and 90 posts. (And it’s harder for me to work with grey on grey until I have my cataract surgery.)
Thanks JDIVER, will do so in the future.
JDiver likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by gpmHSV
I'd like to find out about this too. I'll be passing through on Tuesday on my way to LHR, and if they don't have their liquor license, I'll probably just go the AC in A. It's incredible that they would rush to open a "premium" lounge without the ability to serve alcohol!
As of today they have not.

One other tip: The elevator doors to the lounge level open on the opposite end from the doors at the terminal level.

The lounge has a huge amount of seating area.

The food is reasonably similar to what was in the old DFW temporary dining, with a few fewer appetizer and salad choices.
JDiver likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Apologies if this has already been posted, but has AA stated a timeframe for when the new FL in D will be open?
Old Apr 16, 2018, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

18-24 months was the timeframe for contruction (reported up thread somewhere) from staff at DFW.

Whether that is true or not is another matter. However it is the best info gathered so far as nothing official has been out out that I’ve read.
econometrics likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 3:15 pm

or email via eform here.

Well, I just called. The agent had no idea about the liquor license, so she called them, and confirmed that they still don't have one. She was shocked by that. I guess I'll be heading to the terminal A AC tomorrow.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by thunderlounge
18-24 months was the timeframe for contruction (reported up thread somewhere) from staff at DFW.

Whether that is true or not is another matter. However it is the best info gathered so far as nothing official has been out out that I’ve read.
doesnt that seem like a really long time frame for a renovation?
Old Apr 16, 2018, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Yes it does. No idea if it is true, so we’ll see I guess.

How long did the AC renovation take for A?
Old Apr 16, 2018, 6:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Antarius
Yes, it does and I'm eternally perplexed by timelines for building and/or remodeling airline clubs. They literally build entire new buildings faster than that. I just don't get it, it's basically a big restaurant...

Regards
Old Apr 17, 2018, 4:53 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Antarius
Agreed. It seems to me that the FLs at LAX and ORD took nowhere near that long.

I just wonder how they're gonna work the entrance / exit thing. There's only one set of lifts. Will FL customers have to lower themselves by walking through the AC area? Or will AC customers have to do the Walk of Shame by going through the glorious FL area and onward into their den of gloom?

Any speculation on how the new lounge areas might be laid out?

My wager: The business center and the area in front of you (as you exit the lifts) will be AC. The flagship dining and bar area will be FL.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 7:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
My guess is they will try to get it open before EOY 2018. Judging from how they handled the LAX/ORD FL's.

Very curious to see how they restructure the space with the FFD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.