Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Terrible Service (BOS-MIA 6 hr delay, no cheese & fruit plate, etc.)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Terrible Service (BOS-MIA 6 hr delay, no cheese & fruit plate, etc.)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2018, 7:11 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by justhere
Just curious but are you sure the nose had started to lift off because that would be above V1 speed which pretty much means don't abort the takeoff because you'll likely run out of runway before you stop?
V1 is determined by how much runway left for safe abort takeoff. If the runway is very long then it is possible that there is enough runway left for safe abort takeoff after front wheel is up.

I think JFK runway 13R/31L is long enough that often allow abort takeoff after front wheel is up.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 8:23 am

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by thunderlounge
Yes, completely sure. It was a CR7 on a long runway. Pilot came on while heading back to the gate. “Well I apologize for this, but we got to take off speed and the number two engine threw an overspeed fault. We’re going to get maintenance on it and get you on to your destinations as soon as possible.” Well close to that anyway.
I bet that was fun! Had a few go arounds but haven't experienced an aborted takeoff.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by beachfan

too be pedantic, you have confused the median with the mean (I.e average)
To be more pedantic.... mean, median, and mode are all considered averages.
That is what I was taught in school, when teachers used cave walls instead of chalkboards

Webster's gives the following for "average"
1a : a single value (such as a mean, mode or median) that summarizes or represents the general significance of a set of unequal values
Old Mar 1, 2018, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by justhere
I bet that was fun! Had a few go arounds but haven't experienced an aborted takeoff.

It really wasn’t as bad as it would sound. Like a takeoff/landing, without leaving the ground. Spoed up, then slow down. Took a good length of the runway, but plenty of room. Had there not been, I imagine we would have taken off and returned. Regional airport, so constant traffic and slots are of little concern.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.