Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Changing tickets paid for with travel vouchers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2018, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver

Is there a charge if I want to change one of the flights I have paid for with travel vouchers?
We have a return to DUB from LAS connecting at JFK but I've found out it's the old business class cabin (I thought they stopped running those to DUB) Would like to change to connect at PHL and get a A330
Old Feb 28, 2018, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA: EXP MR: Ti
- The vouchers are effectively cash. The standard change fee applies to any tickets you purchased with the voucher.
- What do you mean by "old business class cabin"? If you're on a 757 there will be lie-flat seats in a 2-2 config.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by moneypooraviosrich
Is there a charge if I want to change one of the flights I have paid for with travel vouchers?
We have a return to DUB from LAS connecting at JFK but I've found out it's the old business class cabin (I thought they stopped running those to DUB) Would like to change to connect at PHL and get a A330
Change fees depend on the fare restrictions of the fare purchased, not whether or not it was bought with a voucher
Old Feb 28, 2018, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
The change fee will be determined by your fare basis and not the method of payment you used. Just call AA and see what it will cost to switch to your desired itinerary.

DUB-JFK is operated by LAA 757's as far as I know, which will feature 2x2 lie-flat seats in business class. Not sure what you mean by old business class cabin, but if you were looking at awful SeatGuru or something else that said this flight would have recliners or NGBC sloped seats, that info is wrong.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
The change fee will be determined by your fare basis and not the method of payment you used. Just call AA and see what it will cost to switch to your desired itinerary.

DUB-JFK is operated by LAA 757's as far as I know, which will feature 2x2 lie-flat seats in business class. Not sure what you mean by old business class cabin, but if you were looking at awful SeatGuru or something else that said this flight would have recliners or NGBC sloped seats, that info is wrong.
I think the issue might be due to the order SG shows them in.
Version 4 seems to be the highest number, but is, of course, the old seating
I believe this is the seating the OP should be looking at https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Am...E_Intl_new.php
JDiver likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by mvoight
I think the issue might be due to the order SG shows them in.
Version 4 seems to be the highest number, but is, of course, the old seating
I believe this is the seating the OP should be looking at https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Am...E_Intl_new.php
Yes, I was looking at the wrong SG diagram and remember last year or so having the old recliner seats from PHL/DUB in the 757 and assumed we had copped it again.
Thank God I came on here first and asked👍
trooper likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 6:21 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

Yes, I was looking at the wrong SG diagram and remember last year or so having the old recliner seats from PHL/DUB in the 757 and assumed we had copped it again.
Thank God I came on here first and asked��
There are only two 757 configurations flying with AA any longer.

LAA 757-200s with the B/E Aerospace Diamond Parallel lie flat seats, and the handful of US “East” 757-200s that we’re reconfigured to 12 standard LAA domestic F seats for Hawaii Service (mostly out of PHX). See here.

SeatGuru is months and months behind, offering diagrams to AA 777s and 757s that no longer fly for AA. I wish TripAdvisor would figure out what to do with SeatGuru so they could put some effort into keeping SG updated, other than infinitely quoting “The proximity to the galley and lavatory area might be bothersome.”
trooper likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 9:44 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by JDiver
There are only two 757 configurations flying with AA any longer.

LAA 757-200s with the B/E Aerospace Diamond Parallel lie flat seats, and the handful of US “East” 757-200s that we’re reconfigured to 12 standard LAA domestic F seats for Hawaii Service (mostly out of PHX). See here.

SeatGuru is months and months behind, offering diagrams to AA 777s and 757s that no longer fly for AA. I wish TripAdvisor would figure out what to do with SeatGuru so they could put some effort into keeping SG updated, other than infinitely quoting “The proximity to the galley and lavatory area might be bothersome.”
Tripadvisor only knows how to skew ratings to favor their advertising partners. Until they figure out how to make that work with Seatguru, expect more of the same.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.