Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

No Shows? AA (changes / skipping last segment)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No Shows? AA (changes / skipping last segment)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2018, 11:35 pm
Original Poster

Question No Shows? AA (changes / skipping last segment)

Hello~
So this is my second time really flying out anywhere, and originally I was going to travel to NYC, but due to some issues a friend is having in NC I changed my flight. At least I thought I did. Today I'm going to RGU, NC at around 5:44am, but I also have another e-mail stating that I have another flight to LGA,NY at 12pm. I can't afford the cancellation fee and I thought I changed my flight before since I clicked "change flights" when I was using Expedia, and everything seemed to be all good, but I guess I'm wrong.

So would a no show cost me anything with AA? I'm fine with not getting a refund, but I just can't afford the fee..
Thank you.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 11:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
A no show on tickets normally results in loss of the ticket, you should immediately call Expedia as they are the booking agent and double check that the change you requested took place. Then I'd also ask Expedia for your AA record locator and look up the reservation online or call AA reservation to ensure that any re-ticketing that was required after the previous change actually took place.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 10:08 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

There will generally be no problem - unless you also have a return portion booked as well. When you don’t show for a Segment, everything after that Segment is automatically canceled.

Changing the ticket, if it’s nonrefundable or has a change fee, would most likely cause your ticket to be reprised abd have any change fees due added.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by Roguee
Hello~
So this is my second time really flying out anywhere, and originally I was going to travel to NYC, but due to some issues a friend is having in NC I changed my flight. At least I thought I did. Today I'm going to RGU, NC at around 5:44am, but I also have another e-mail stating that I have another flight to LGA,NY at 12pm. I can't afford the cancellation fee and I thought I changed my flight before since I clicked "change flights" when I was using Expedia, and everything seemed to be all good, but I guess I'm wrong.

So would a no show cost me anything with AA? I'm fine with not getting a refund, but I just can't afford the fee..
Thank you.
I am not clear on what you have booked.
When you look at the reservation, does it say you have a flight to RDU and then to LGA? When you look at your reservations on expedia.com, do you see one or 2? Do your emails from Expedia show 2 different reservation or ticket numbers? Did you click "change" flights before you had paid for the first ticket?
Old Jan 28, 2018, 1:18 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
It would help if you posted exactly what you have booked.

If your itinerary is xxx-RDU-LGA, you can just get off in RDU, but you won't be able to check your luggage. In theory this isn't allowed but in practice they won't send you to the Pit of Misery for doing it one time.

If you have two separate tickets, one going to RDU and one to LGA, you can just no-show for LGA. If the ticket price is over $200, you can call and cancel and you'll be able to use the original fare less a $200 change fee. If the price is under $200 then it doesn't matter. They won't charge you a fee for just not flying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.