Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Booking AA Award travel on Etihad / EY - [2015-17 ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking AA Award travel on Etihad / EY - [2015-17 ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2016, 8:50 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by IncaTrails
Take a read through this thread: EY F on 777 vs. 380

The thread is called on discussing F products on both aircraft, but touches on your exact question.
I hate to say it, but F is F and J is J. There should be no question over which is better.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 9:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by kwguy77
Question (please move if not correct forum)

I had to cancel my AUH-JFK F as a change in plans. I rebooked on another date, but only J was available (for now). I noticed the 777 had F available too. Would you pick J on the A380 or F on the 777?
For me, wouldn't even be close, F.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 1:15 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat, Turkish Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold
Have nearly the same situation as you. xxx-AUH in F. AUH-CAI is showing F GuestSeats availability on etihad.com but AA-Australia is only able to book into C.

Originally Posted by kaiotes
Sigh,
I have xxx-AUH in F Held.
I had to wait to add AUH-CAI (F)
They were able to find AUH-MCT (C)

Aussie desk can't add it as they cant find availability in C/F (only Y). They were able to find availability in Y/C/F if booked separately. sigh.

AA also can't combine two separately held reservations.

Anyone has a solution?

What should i do? I really want to visit the F lounge. Should I wait and hope C/F availability frees up? flight is > 6mo out.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 2:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by changey2
Have nearly the same situation as you. xxx-AUH in F. AUH-CAI is showing F GuestSeats availability on etihad.com but AA-Australia is only able to book into C.
Is XXX-CAI showing available or only AUH-CAI?
Old Jul 13, 2016, 8:48 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by fifa
I booked a ZRH-AUH-MEL F award on the one PNR for early next year.
Am I able to split the PNR to allow a few days in AUH (and chauffeur drive to/from hotel)?
There is F availability a few days earlier from ZRH-AUH so it would be good to have a layover to defrost!
An allied question please. I currently have LHR - AUH - MEL booked so two different awards as far as AA is concerned. Is it possible to cancel just one leg, maybe by splitting the flights into two PNRs?
Old Jul 17, 2016, 3:02 pm

Using AA miles for Etihad Apt. Found Apt as Etihad Guest, AA sees nothing

Read the blogs about using AA miles to book the Etihad Apt. Found a date in early February, 2017 as a guest for the A380. Called the non-friendly AA person giving him the exact flight information. He found nothing.

Then only after prompting would he look through the next month and again found nothing.

Could I get some advice on how to book Etihad Apartment using AA miles?
Old Jul 17, 2016, 3:55 pm

Programs: UA, QF, VS, AA, US, HH, SPG
Friends of mine are booked to travel IST-AUH-SYD on Friday July 22 (on Etihad award using AA miles booked prior to devaluation). They are currently in Italy and would naturally like to depart from any other airport than IST - would AA change this given the current situation without a change fee and more importantly without charging new mileage ?? (They are booked on another LCC from Italy to IST on the same day - just to connect with their EY flight).

I have not seen any notice of AA issuing change waivers for IST flights. They will call today and I will report back but in the mean time wondering if anyone had any advice/experience with this.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 4:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by pschafer
Friends of mine are booked to travel IST-AUH-SYD on Friday July 22 (on Etihad award using AA miles booked prior to devaluation). They are currently in Italy and would naturally like to depart from any other airport than IST - would AA change this given the current situation without a change fee and more importantly without charging new mileage ?? (They are booked on another LCC from Italy to IST on the same day - just to connect with their EY flight).

I have not seen any notice of AA issuing change waivers for IST flights. They will call today and I will report back but in the mean time wondering if anyone had any advice/experience with this.
There is a policy in place for the incident:
https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/travel-alerts.jsp

That said, I'd think it might be an uphill struggle-- with a significant possibility of screw-ups-- to try and get then to apply this to the ticket you describe. I'd personally suggest that they stick to the plan they have in place (LCC from Italy to IST on the same day (and there are risks with that plan as well, obviously if that connection gets blown-- night before would be better)) for maximum protection of the pre-devaluation rate ticket-- depending on how important that aspect (not paying more miles to get this ironed out) is to them.

Certainly they can ask, but they better be on with an experienced-- and "interested" res agent, or, my advice would be to leave it alone.

Last edited by JonNYC; Jul 17, 2016 at 4:15 pm
Old Jul 17, 2016, 4:15 pm

Programs: UA, QF, VS, AA, US, HH, SPG
Originally Posted by JonNYC
There is a policy in place for the incident:
https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/travel-alerts.jsp

That said, I'd think it might be an uphill struggle-- with a significant possibility of screw-ups-- to try and get then to apply this to the ticket you describe. I'd personally suggest that they stick to the plan they have in place (LCC from Italy to IST on the same day (and there are risks with that plan as well, obviously if that connection gets blown)) for maximum protection of the pre-devaluation rate ticket-- depending on how important that aspect (not paying more miles to get this ironed out) is to them.

Certainly they can ask, but they better be on with an experienced-- and "interested" res agent, or, my advice would be to leave it alone.
Thanks for the link - it does not look promising for a 'free' change with no additional miles - it will be up to my friends if they wish to 'risk' the transit in IST. If it were me - I'd pay the difference for peace of mind. I will post back the outcome.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 4:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by pschafer
Thanks for the link - it does not look promising for a 'free' change with no additional miles - it will be up to my friends if they wish to 'risk' the transit in IST. If it were me - I'd pay the difference for peace of mind. I will post back the outcome.
I agree. When one factors in the cost of the flight to IST, the risk of missed connection, comfort, peace of mind, "small price to pay," IMHO, to just change the award. OTOH, I hope they know that if they try to start that award in Europe, it's 2 awards at that point. And then at that point, maybe they should try for a QR award (where they can fly out of Europe on one award)? Tough to be the friend/advisor in cases like this!
Old Jul 17, 2016, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP (probably nothing w/ AA next year :)), Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Try Australian AA phone #. Apparently those agents can see availability more consistently. Probably a systems snafu
Old Jul 17, 2016, 4:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP (probably nothing w/ AA next year :)), Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by kwguy77
Question (please move if not correct forum)

I had to cancel my AUH-JFK F as a change in plans. I rebooked on another date, but only J was available (for now). I noticed the 777 had F available too. Would you pick J on the A380 or F on the 777?
F on 777 easily.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 4:54 pm

Ethiad is known for phantom award space showing.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 5:06 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Originally Posted by shgroamer
Try Australian AA phone #. Apparently those agents can see availability more consistently. Probably a systems snafu
That
Old Jul 17, 2016, 5:14 pm

Thank you all for your quick responses!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.