Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Booking AA Award travel on Etihad / EY - [2015-17 ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking AA Award travel on Etihad / EY - [2015-17 ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2016, 12:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA LT Gold, SPG Plat 75
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Although AA's routing rules would permit it ,since North America to Middle East allows transit in Europe , EY's routing rules would not permit travel via London, so would expect it to be 2 awards
Since AA is the over-the-water carrier in this scenario, wouldn't AA's routing rules apply, not EYs?

Also, I'm fairly certain there are a lot of EY fares that allow routing through CDG, why not LHR also?
Old Jul 4, 2016, 6:27 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by nittany987
You have to obey AA's third region routing rules. Which for EY are much stricter than Qatar, for example.
That's not pertinent to this particular question. The AAdv third region exception rules neither specifically permit nor disallow the routing being inquired about, regardless of if QR or EY is used.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by JonNYC
That's not pertinent to this particular question. The AAdv third region exception rules neither specifically permit nor disallow the routing being inquired about, regardless of if QR or EY is used.
Yea, my bad. For some reason I thought travel to Indian subcon was restricted to Europe or Qatar only.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by Slickw
Used the US call center today to book AMS-LHR-AUH-BOM with the 2 EY F segments on the A380 for travel in September 2016.
I've been away from this issue for a while, but returned to the thread because I need to book another award trip to India for next summer.

Things have changed for the better. Looking at USA-India 11 months from now, I found that

(a) searching using a non-US origination (e.g. India-USA-India) or searching segment by segment seems to no longer be necessary; I am seeing availability by searching one-way USA-India.

(b) I held a one-way flight (2 segments) through the AA US line. No aussies involved.

I haven't noticed this posted by anyone else other than the post quoted above, but I do notice a reduction in the number of posts in this thread reporting booking difficulties, so maybe people haven't been posting because they have nothing to complain about. If so, maybe the wiki should be updated...
Old Jul 6, 2016, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly

Things have changed for the better......

........so maybe people haven't been posting because they have nothing to complain about. If so, maybe the wiki should be updated...
I have been looking to upgrade my AUH-BOM segment from Y to F on an F award which goes PDX-LAX-AUH-BOM. We are in F all segment except AUH-BOM (Voluntary Downgrade).

Despite seeing availability on EY site, despite AA AUS being able to see the availability when searching for it separately, they can't seem to be able to upgrade that segment from Y to F. The moment they try to edit and apply, returns No Availability.

This is for a trip in Nov 2016, have been calling every now and again just to see the issue is fixed, but no luck.

You had earlier mentioned about the issue not being an issue when the flight is within 30 days (within 1 month), does that mean pointeless calling now, and wait until October (month prior) and i would be able to move that one segment from Y to F, if available as normal?

Any updates for people that have tried to change existing book would appreciate.

Last edited by WrLdTrvLnIndian; Jul 6, 2016 at 4:56 pm
Old Jul 7, 2016, 12:23 am

Sigh,
I have xxx-AUH in F Held.
I had to wait to add AUH-CAI (F)
They were able to find AUH-MCT (C)

Aussie desk can't add it as they cant find availability in C/F (only Y). They were able to find availability in Y/C/F if booked separately. sigh.

AA also can't combine two separately held reservations.

Anyone has a solution?

What should i do? I really want to visit the F lounge. Should I wait and hope C/F availability frees up? flight is > 6mo out.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 5:36 am

Programs: QF WP - LTG, VA Plat, HH D, IHG Plat, Rydges Black, GHA Black
I booked a ZRH-AUH-MEL F award on the one PNR for early next year.
Am I able to split the PNR to allow a few days in AUH (and chauffeur drive to/from hotel)?
There is F availability a few days earlier from ZRH-AUH so it would be good to have a layover to defrost!
Old Jul 7, 2016, 8:47 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
found 3 guests saver seats in F from JFK - AUH but both domestic and Aussie AA can't see awards.

I did have to search AUH - JFK - AUH to see the guests saver seats.
Read through the thread and seems that some others are experiencing the same issue and few data points suggesting that the roundtrip trick is gone.

Anyone had luck booking via the roundtrip method, lately?

Last edited by BESVISOR; Jul 7, 2016 at 9:03 am
Old Jul 7, 2016, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by extremeromance
The roundtrip search trick is gone, the only thing Australia sees is what you see when you do a one way search on the Etihad website, just spent some time on the phone with them searching alot of dates and that is what I found out, every flight that shows up on a one way search is bookable but when I do a roundtrip search and see more availability it is simply not bookable
Originally Posted by htang333
found 3 guests saver seats in F from JFK - AUH but both domestic and Aussie AA can't see awards.

I did have to search AUH - JFK - AUH to see the guests saver seats.
Read through the thread and seems that some others are experiencing the same issue and few data points suggesting that the roundtrip trick is gone.
As I've reported a few posts earlier, there is some inventory displayed when searching one-ways starting from the USA more than 1 month away, which wasn't true a few months ago. The roundtrip trick may have become useless as part of the same change---the additional inventory you see is for EY FFs and is not bookable through AA.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 11:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by fifa
I booked a ZRH-AUH-MEL F award on the one PNR for early next year.
Am I able to split the PNR to allow a few days in AUH (and chauffeur drive to/from hotel)?
There is F availability a few days earlier from ZRH-AUH so it would be good to have a layover to defrost!
I do not think that you can; You shouldn't need to split the PNR in order to do that though, just change the date/time of the flight of ZRH-AUH. Once it is a stopover, then the EY site will allow booking of the chauffeur drive
Old Jul 8, 2016, 1:47 am

Programs: QF WP - LTG, VA Plat, HH D, IHG Plat, Rydges Black, GHA Black
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I do not think that you can; You shouldn't need to split the PNR in order to do that though, just change the date/time of the flight of ZRH-AUH. Once it is a stopover, then the EY site will allow booking of the chauffeur drive
Thanks so much Dave Noble.
I just phoned up and changed the ZRH-AUH sector no problems.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
More problems with AA Aus even seeing F seats.

Despite EY showing multiple November days with IAD-AUH and AUH-DEL Guest First seats, neither US (2 agents) or Fiji (4 agents) can see them, individually or married.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 12:25 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
As I've reported a few posts earlier, there is some inventory displayed when searching one-ways starting from the USA more than 1 month away, which wasn't true a few months ago. The roundtrip trick may have become useless as part of the same change---the additional inventory you see is for EY FFs and is not bookable through AA.
Frustrating if true...
Old Jul 12, 2016, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Question (please move if not correct forum)

I had to cancel my AUH-JFK F as a change in plans. I rebooked on another date, but only J was available (for now). I noticed the 777 had F available too. Would you pick J on the A380 or F on the 777?
Old Jul 12, 2016, 7:54 pm

Programs: AA,BA
Originally Posted by kwguy77
Question (please move if not correct forum)

I had to cancel my AUH-JFK F as a change in plans. I rebooked on another date, but only J was available (for now). I noticed the 777 had F available too. Would you pick J on the A380 or F on the 777?
Take a read through this thread: EY F on 777 vs. 380

The thread is called on discussing F products on both aircraft, but touches on your exact question.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.