Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Booking AA Award travel on Etihad / EY - [2015-17 ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking AA Award travel on Etihad / EY - [2015-17 ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2016, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by Woodsmit
Odd. I have a rez which I did through the Fiji desk before and i am looking to change the dates.

Using same approach now: Verified guest first availability through the standard method on Etihad site on multiple dates but the desk can't see any of the slots. Tried hanging up and calling again and verified with the agent that it was the fiji desk but no joy. Anyone having trouble in recent days?

Tried all these dates with the agent for JFK - AUH and nada though they show up as open for First Guest on EY site

o Thur feb 9
o Fri feb 17
o Thur feb 23
o Fri Feb 24
o Thur mar 2
Are you able to see availability on the actual itinerary you want to fly or only when pairing it with a round trip originating in AUH? I checked those dates and saw no availability for a one way JFK-AUH. We recently made some updates to the wiki and I think your experience confirms that Etihad has closed this loophole.

Last edited by FlyerTalkUserName; Oct 22, 2016 at 12:52 pm Reason: Typo
Old Oct 22, 2016, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by FlyerTalkUserName
Are you able to see availability on the actual itinerary you want to fly or only when pairing it with a round trip originating in AUH? I check those dates and saw no availability for a one way JFK-AUH. We recently made some updates to the wiki and I think your experience confirms that Etihad has closed this loophole.
I am in the same boat, have a 1-way booked JFK-AUH for Jan 25th and booked pre-deval last march, trying to move it to any day Feb 15-end of march...nothing available when calling australia line despite availability on a round trip with the 1st leg originating in AUH....loophole is gone. Hopefully they open some availability as they have done in the past from time to time
Old Oct 22, 2016, 12:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Woodsmit
Odd. I have a rez which I did through the Fiji desk before and i am looking to change the dates.

Using same approach now: Verified guest first availability through the standard method on Etihad site on multiple dates but the desk can't see any of the slots. Tried hanging up and calling again and verified with the agent that it was the fiji desk but no joy. Anyone having trouble in recent days?

Tried all these dates with the agent for JFK - AUH and nada though they show up as open for First Guest on EY site

o Thur feb 9
o Fri feb 17
o Thur feb 23
o Fri Feb 24
o Thur mar 2

On the EY site, checking for JFK-AUH for those dates ,, shows no availability in 1st class that I can see
Old Oct 23, 2016, 9:43 am

Well that is unfortunate.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 6:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
We recently made some updates to the wiki and I think your experience confirms that Etihad has closed this loophole.
By closed loophole, are we talking the better married-segment award availability or the better EY availability the Aus/Fiji desk has access to? (or both?)

-FlyerBeek
Old Oct 26, 2016, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
By closed loophole, are we talking the better married-segment award availability or the better EY availability the Aus/Fiji desk has access to? (or both?)

-FlyerBeek
We are talking about the married-segment award availability, Aus/Fiji doesn't have access to better availability per se, they can just book the space that is actually there.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 6:37 pm

Has anybody been able to call EY Guest and see if they have access to the married segment availability through their own program? Perhaps it will make sense to book through them with the 20 percent transfer bonus and such?
Old Oct 26, 2016, 10:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by extremeromance
We are talking about the married-segment award availability, Aus/Fiji doesn't have access to better availability per se, they can just book the space that is actually there.
Thanks. Yes - that's what I meant to say! It's been a few weeks since I've had to call, so good to know they can still book the space the EXP desk cannot even see.

-FlyerBeek
Old Oct 27, 2016, 6:44 am

Programs: TK*G, QR Gold, VA Gold, NZ Gold
hello guys. do you have any success stories lately about AUH-SYD on First Class Apartments? and also can I join Advantage and just buy miles to redeem with EY flight above.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by extremeromance
Has anybody been able to call EY Guest and see if they have access to the married segment availability through their own program? Perhaps it will make sense to book through them with the 20 percent transfer bonus and such?
That would be more of a question for the Etihad thread, but certainly related to this thread. Unfortunately it doesn't appear to work.

Thread here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etiha...rip-start.html

Specific post here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27070538-post9.html
Old Oct 27, 2016, 11:50 pm

That would be more of a question for the Etihad thread, but certainly related to this thread. Unfortunately it doesn't appear to work.

Thread here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etiha...rip-start.html

Specific post here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27070538-post9.html
I was afraid that is what the answer probably is, it is looking more and more like they have fixed all the work arounds
Old Oct 28, 2016, 12:08 pm

If your booked for the 10PM JFK AUH F 77W AA Award, can one standby for the earlier 2PM JFK AUG A380 in F, using an AA award? anyone talking from past experience or knowledge?.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA PLT the rest, Kettle Power
AFAIK you can't even exactly stand by, you just monitor for space to open.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by TGGDEL
AFAIK you can't even exactly stand by, you just monitor for space to open.
So what happens at JFK if you just show up for the earlier flight and there is space on F, will they just tell you to come back for your later flight? we already know about monitor for space to open
Old Oct 28, 2016, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by ual902
So what happens at JFK if you just show up for the earlier flight and there is space on F, will they just tell you to come back for your later flight? we already know about monitor for space to open
You can't board a flight without a ticket. Obviously EY cannot issue or reissue an AA award ticket, only AA can.

Also obviously, "space in F" is not the same as "award space in F".

True, in the case of irrops all rules can be waived, but they are not waived just because you want them to be.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.