Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New million mile luggage tags (Dec 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2018, 9:12 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
I flew 747 dollars of revenue flights last year as a LT PLT and received nothing. I'll continue to use up my old EXP tags until they send me something else. Sniff.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 9:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Talking

Originally Posted by brp
Yeah, we got them.

They're giving these things in lieu of less valuable perks like upgrades, award availability and customer service. Seems a win-win to me.

Cheers,
I don't know, the tags seem to be about as useful as the upgrades, award availability and customer service.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 8:15 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Any other LT PLT not receive new luggage tags yet? Flew AA enough to qualify for PLT in 2017, doubt that should make a difference...
Old Jan 11, 2018, 11:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT 2.6MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Have members, regardless of status, been receiving these IN ADDITION to their re-qualification kit/tags for the year? I received my EXP card and tags some time ago but have not received 2MM tags yet.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 11:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by akarneboge
Have members, regardless of status, been receiving these IN ADDITION to their re-qualification kit/tags for the year? I received my EXP card and tags some time ago but have not received 2MM tags yet.
I received my EXP card and tags mid-2017, and then received my 1MM tags this December (even though I had qualified for the 1MM over 10 years ago??).

Sounds like a lot of errors with people either receiving the wrong value on their mileage tags (1MM instead of 2MM, 2MM instead of 3MM, etc.), or not receiving the tags at all.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 8:40 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
I submitted the form linked by JDiver above (thank you!) and received an email response apologizing, saying it was a system error of which they are aware, and that I would receive the correct ones shortly. I've had a second email saying they are on the way. So for anyone else who wants the correct mileage reflected, I'd suggest doing the same.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 12:17 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by akarneboge
Yes. I received my (correct 5MM) MM baggage tags and my EP kit with EP baggage tags snd status card.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 7:24 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
I submitted a request, I will expect my new tags in 2020. Will do the same for TH.

In the meantime, I'm using my 2013 tags.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 4:37 pm

Programs: AA PPRO (OW Emerarld), BA Silver, DL PM
I received an email out of the blue stating how sorry they were that I received the improper million mile luggage tags and that the correct ones would be sent to me shortly. If I remember correctly the set that I received last month was simply imprinted with Million Miler but had no numeral designating how many millions I was. I threw them out anyway since I got my EXP luggage tags and my EXP card clearly has my 2 million mile mark on it. There's only so much crap I can have dangling from my various travel bags!
Old Jan 12, 2018, 7:57 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by diver858
Any other LT PLT not receive new luggage tags yet? Flew AA enough to qualify for PLT in 2017, doubt that should make a difference...
I'm LT PLT and I've not received new luggage tags.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 9:26 am

Programs: AA Concierge Key, AA Lifetime Plat, SPG Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum, United Plat
Got mine a few days ago (2MM LT Plat)
Old Mar 19, 2018, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT 2.6MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Still haven't received mine. Decided to speak with customer service today. Spoke with a great agent who sounded seasoned and very experienced. She apologized profusely, knew exactly the tags I was looking for, and sent the order through for me. Big ^ to AA. I'm looking forward to displaying these for their flair value only.
apeortdz likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 2:27 pm

my plat aadvantage membership card (with no expiration date) stopped having the magnetic strip work, kept giving errors and the ticket agents said it had become unreadable. I called aadvantage customer service and after about a 10 min hold, the rep said she'd send a new membership card. The new card was mailed separately from the 2 new lifetime plat 2 millionm miler bag tags that also showed up within a day or two of the member card. I like the new million miler tags. They look nice and i was surprised to receive them since I already had the old ones and didn't ask for new bag tags Anyway, now I have 4: 2 old, 2 new.

Last edited by LovePrunes; Apr 5, 2018 at 12:41 pm
Old Apr 4, 2018, 10:08 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I have yet to receive any but I'm a mere 1 Million Miler so I never really expected them anyway. Oh well.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 3:53 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CMK10
I have yet to receive any but I'm a mere 1 Million Miler so I never really expected them anyway. Oh well.
neither have I - and same as you I think.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.