FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   New million mile luggage tags (Dec 2017) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1884858-new-million-mile-luggage-tags-dec-2017-a.html)

fotographer Dec 27, 2017 5:59 pm

New million mile luggage tags (Dec 2017)

got new luggage rugs in the mail yesterday
all they saiid million miler
mine said 2
anyone else get these
this is a first I have ever seen from AA

nrr Dec 27, 2017 6:40 pm

Yes, I got one (I'm also 2 MM).
I'm also EXP, which tag gives luggage higher priority, EXP or 2MM. If you use both do they cancel out and luggage goes to the back of bus?:rolleyes:
PS: I only fly with c/o, so my notes above are of "academic" interest (to me).;)

JDiver Dec 27, 2017 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by fotographer (Post 29220991)
got new luggage rugs in the mail yesterday
all they saiid million miler
mine said 2
anyone else get these
this is a first I have ever seen from AA

A number of people I know of have received these. They sport the linoleum
cutter eagle, the million miler on a light background, your million miler status but no AAdvantage status.

I’ve not received my EXP kit as yet, so I’m not sure what to expect.

Million miler status means bupkis on AA and less on oneworld (other than lifetime platinum), so hang on to those status cards.

Madison Guy Dec 27, 2017 7:30 pm

I also received these - and am NOT on track to re-qualify for EXP. Thought they were a "consolation prize" as the address on the back fro from "Executive Platinum." (I currently have a PPRO offer but will qualify for PPRO by year-end and thereby may or may not get a buy-back offer for EXP that I may or may not consider, but just wonder if anyone who has qualified for EXP in 2018 has received them?)

JJeffrey Dec 27, 2017 8:00 pm

I requalified for EXP in early November, received my EXP kit in early December, and received my 2MM luggage tags this week.

sdultra Dec 27, 2017 8:02 pm

Loyalty

More than the tags (4 million miler), I "loved" the enclosed letter regarding loyalty, and how we deserved these tags.

I find it ironic considering AA no longer cares about loyalty, as in 17 straight years as an EXP in my case. Instead all the new EQD requirements are built on the premise of" what have you done for me today", not loyalty. https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...c1c75e75e7.jpg

Madison Guy Dec 27, 2017 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by JJeffrey (Post 29221288)
I requalified for EXP in early November, received my EXP kit in early December, and received my 2MM luggage tags this week.

Shoots that theory! lol

deac83 Dec 27, 2017 10:07 pm

EXP (Nov) and got my 3MM tags a day ago. Maybe we can use these for checked luggage?

LovePrunes Dec 28, 2017 1:05 am

Originally Posted by sdultra (Post 29221294)

I find it ironic considering AA no longer cares about loyalty, as in 17 straight years as an EXP in my case. Instead all the new EQD requirements are built on the premise of" what have you done for me today", not loyalty.

sure they care about your loyalty. how much money have you loyally spent on AA

robertablake Dec 28, 2017 7:06 am

I received the Million Miler tags as well, which I thought was curious since I had achieved 1MM over 10 years ago, and now approaching 2MM.
​​

akarneboge Dec 28, 2017 9:45 am

Clearly something new they are doing. Will look forward to these as well as the new EXP tags. The old EXP tags (introduced in 2013 IIRC) are horrible.

wandering_fred Dec 28, 2017 7:25 pm

It will be interesting to see if (and when) I do receive them, as all of my AA flights in 2017 were credited to QF..... Though I did earn a few miles from a hotel program....

Just wandering
Fred

cova Dec 28, 2017 8:06 pm

Received my 1MM tags a few days ago - very nice - I like the white background with the new AA logo. Received my 2018 EXP package in June. The EXP tags are likely more significant to use, but I still appreciate the nice looking MM ones for my carry on bag. Classy act AA.

PHTX855 Dec 29, 2017 9:03 am

I noticed my million miller status was no longer listed on the tags i received for re-qualifying for executive platinum this year. I haven't received the million miler tags. Does anyone know why this changed this year?

Blumie Dec 29, 2017 9:24 am

Originally Posted by sdultra (Post 29221294)
More than the tags (4 million miler), I "loved" the enclosed letter regarding loyalty, and how we deserved these tags.

I find it ironic considering AA no longer cares about loyalty, as in 17 straight years as an EXP in my case. Instead all the new EQD requirements are built on the premise of" what have you done for me today", not loyalty.

Frequent flyer programs have never been about rewarding loyalty, but rather have always been about incentivizing future behavior. That's true of every "loyalty" program out there.