Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New million mile luggage tags (Dec 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2017, 10:13 am

Programs: AA ExPlat (2MM), Marriott LT Titanium
I received the same tags earlier this year with "2 Million Miler"; the ones I received today say "1 Million Miler" in a slightly bigger font. Hmm.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA GLD for life, HH Gold, SPG gold, Hyatt Plat, Avis Select, TSA pfd
Originally Posted by robertablake
I received the Million Miler tags as well, which I thought was curious since I had achieved 1MM over 10 years ago, and now approaching 2MM.
​​
I'm in the same boat. The 1MM milers tags came in an envelope that was marked from the EXP desk. I haven't received the EXP tags for which I re-qualified on 12/4. Could it be that our 1MM miler tags were lost in AA baggage system all these years and now I should celebrate?
Old Dec 30, 2017, 8:37 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
My guess is that AA updates elite logos and tags every couple of years, to differentiate former EXP X million milers.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 2:13 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by georgeroads
I'm in the same boat. The 1MM milers tags came in an envelope that was marked from the EXP desk. I haven't received the EXP tags for which I re-qualified on 12/4. Could it be that our 1MM miler tags were lost in AA baggage system all these years and now I should celebrate?
These million miler tags are completely separate and have nothing to do with our status cards. I teceived my 5 M tag, Lady JDiver received her 2M tag yesterday. Our status cards, EP and Plat for 2018, are still out there.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 2:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
I received my new EXP tags when requalifying a few weeks ago. The Million Miler tags came this past week.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Blumie
Frequent flyer programs have never been about rewarding loyalty, but rather have always been about incentivizing future behavior. That's true of every "loyalty" program out there.
I kind of agree with you, but on the other hand AA does grant lifetime PLT at 2 MM, and both BA and AY even have schemes to grant lifetime OWE. Not to mention the hotel programs with lifetime top tier designations.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Got my luggage tags sometime this past week as well. I have a backpack I've travelled with for over 12 years, and I always add one of the tags to it to make sure I have enough flair..

Old Jan 1, 2018, 6:27 am

Programs: AA Plat, HHonors Diamond
We received ours. 5MM for me and 3MM for Mrs. D in SCL. I like the look and will use them but can't see any value except for bragging rights. I guess that's worth something!
Old Jan 1, 2018, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP (3.5MM), UA Premier, Hertz President's Circle, Marriott
I received my 2MM tags last week, even though I am at about 3.1MM. I emailed EXP Customer Service a week ago but they have yet to respond. I am really surprised that it would take a week to reply and maybe they can send me the correct tags?
Old Jan 1, 2018, 10:11 pm

Programs: AA-EXP 2MM
I received the 1MM tags in the mail this weekend. While it was a nice thing to get at the end-of-year I would have appreciated it even more if they were the 2MM tags that I should have received.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 10:20 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I’d use the e-form here to contact AAdvantage Customer Service about receiving the correct tags, And of course be aware current weather conditions (huge cold spell in the East and Midwest, as far as mid-Texas, as well as fog at the West Coast, recent holidays and high business traffic, replacement tags might not be of the highest priority just now.
Attached Images  
Old Jan 2, 2018, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
As with SPG, I got nothin'.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 8:25 pm

Programs: AA EX PLAT
I also received the tags that said 2 million miles even though I hit 3 million months ago. Typical for the way AA has deteriorated ever since US Air execs took it over and turned it into US Air. I emailed customer service but haven't heard back. Sounds like there will be a lot of the same emails coming their way. Its such a shame what happened to this airline and especially its Aadvantatge program
Old Jan 4, 2018, 12:32 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
And I, too, received the "2 Million Miler" tags even though I am over 3 million (and have been for quite some time).
Old Jan 4, 2018, 7:56 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Yeah, we got them.

They're giving these things in lieu of less valuable perks like upgrades, award availability and customer service. Seems a win-win to me.

Cheers,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.