Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA 777-300ER / 77W Premium Economy & Best PE Seat, Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 19, 2017, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
AA has 20 Boeing 777-323ER / 77W aircraft in the fleet.

The final configuration includes:

8 First Class seats
52 Business Class
28 Rockwell Collins MiQ Premium Economy seats
. . . . (The 77W has received the same Premium Economy Seat as is in the 787-9 and other refitted widebodies.)
28 Main Cabin Extra (in 10 across configuration, all bulkheads or exit rows)
188 Main Cabin / Economy / Coach

All Rockwell Collins MiQ Premium Economy seats, in a 2-4-2 configuration, offer seatback flat 15.4" touch screen screen AVOD (can be tilted up or down slightly, corded hand controller) with 250 movies, 160 TV shows, 13 radio channels, 375 albums and 20 games; 110 VAC international multiplug and 5 VDC USB power. The front (bulkhead) seats offer foot rest bars that deploy from the seat; other seats have footpegs under the seat in front of you.

Ku-Band Satellite Panasonic Wi-Fi (not GoGo) is offered for sale.

Link to thread discussing First and Business Class seating.

See post #1 for seat chart and illustration
Print Wikipost

AA 777-300ER / 77W Premium Economy & Best PE Seat, Service

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2018, 4:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP/7.0MM
Originally Posted by econometrics
Did you call the EXP desk to see if they can change the seats for you?
Since the actual A/C will be unknown until much closer to departure, I am "letting sleeping dogs lie" for a while (and enjoying my own private cabin, at least on paper).
My fear is that if I did call in, the odd situation would cause the agent to re-seat us back into MCE-lite in the 10 abreast area, bad if the A/C ended up being an non-PE 77W.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 6:12 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by skydiver
Since the actual A/C will be unknown until much closer to departure, I am "letting sleeping dogs lie" for a while (and enjoying my own private cabin, at least on paper).
My fear is that if I did call in, the odd situation would cause the agent to re-seat us back into MCE-lite in the 10 abreast area, bad if the A/C ended up being an non-PE 77W.
LOL!
Old Jan 2, 2018, 7:29 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, DL Platinum
My wife and I, both EP, have a DFW/LHR trip in late April also with 19D/H seating and now see the the new PE seating with remainder of the cabin blocked. Seating a week earlier is the old 3/3/3 MCE pattern for the 77W on the same flights. I'd like to switch to a 2 seat window pair, but will wait rather than call AA now and risk getting bumped to the back.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 7:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
I don't see why they would bump you out of that cabin / those seats if you're already in there.

If they say they cannot move your seat, then just say "thanks, bye". I really doubt they will say "Oh, you're not supposed to be in those seats! Back to the back for you!"
Old Jan 11, 2018, 12:57 pm

It would be great to see some pictures of N721AN's refitted interior. Hopefully someone can find themselves on that frame soon, and can snap some shots - particularly of what will be "MCE" on the 77W.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by econometrics
The 77W PE will not be sold until June 26.
This date might have been moved forward.

I am right now looking at a ticket that offers Premium Economy (P Fare) on AA 109 for travel on Nov 2018.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by carlosdca
This date might have been moved forward.

I am right now looking at a ticket that offers Premium Economy (P Fare) on AA 109 for travel on Nov 2018.
It means that they are selling it for flights departing on June 26, 2018.

I realize now my previous comment was not very clear. Thank you.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 8:07 am

Programs: AA-EXP, National Exec. Elite, Hilton Gold, GE
Got this sent to me last night

econometrics likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 6:05 pm

We drew N717AN as our ride DFW-HKG on Wed. We were in the bulkhead pair 16J & 16L. Very similar to the initial 788 PE reports in terms of physical seat. Service at such an early stage(I think this is still the first) was also similar...ie. Y service.I did find the distance from seat to bulkhead to be much greater...I would compare it to the old 777 row side 31 pairs...and like the current other 77W row 16 side 3 seats’ foot room. Also, the middle 4 bulkheads had an extra couple of inches over the 788 bulkhead middles. Aside from this observation of the bulkhead foot room, I can’t think of anything not currently available with other threads on wide body PE...other than the fact that none of the bulkhead isle seats protrude into the isle as occurs with 2 of the 788’s(C & J?); which is an issue.

The location of the audio output is awkward: under a raised armrest at the very rear wall of the seat. And, while it receives a two-pronged jack, the provided inexpensive headphones have a single prong. Several well-meaning FA’s suggested plugging the jack into either one of the holes but eventually a bag of adapters was found and distributed.

Last edited by alien; Jan 13, 2018 at 1:46 am
Old Jan 12, 2018, 10:58 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
I just booked a return leg LHR-DFW In March on 77W with PE configuration. Fare diff from Economy was about $300. I’ll take that all day long. Must be a limited number of planes with that option, though - I couldn’t find one outbound +- 4 days.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by birddogmax
I just booked a return leg LHR-DFW In March on 77W with PE configuration. Fare diff from Economy was about $300. I’ll take that all day long. Must be a limited number of planes with that option, though - I couldn’t find one outbound +- 4 days.
You're on a 772 for that flight. PE isn't being sold on 77W's until flights departing June 26, 2018.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 11:26 am

Programs: AA EXP
My perfect return itinerary from LIS just evaporated due to a time change on the first flight (making my MAD connection impossible) and I am stuck with several unappealing options to maintain the PE fare I had booked. Basically my options are either the shortest legal LHR connection time–to the last LHR-DFW flight of the day OR a 5 hr LHR layover. I suppose I could also spend an extra night in Lisbon as the good routing remained intact on the Monday, but I probably need to get home. The sweet spot is a 2-hr LHR connection with no terminal change but it is on one of these 77W birds with the PE section as yet unbookable and blocked. Gold desk phone agent consulted her help desk and said PE is “unavailable” as are the seats in those rows. Looking at the rest of the seat map and availability, I find it highly unlikely that the whole PE cabin has already been booked up as MCE (in the absence of actual PE sales). I am probably going to need to go ahead and accept one of the other options above but wonder if at some point the PE section will open up for booking before June? If that DOES happen, I wonder if they will let me change a second time without paying, since the original reason was not voluntary? And if it doesn't, who gets to buy those seats?

Last edited by monvoyage; Jan 23, 2018 at 12:53 pm
Old Jan 28, 2018, 7:41 am

My mom wanted a cheap round trip ticket from MEM to CAN. Leaving on April and coming back in May. so I went on kayak and saw AA had the cheapest ticket. MEM-DFW-HKG-CAN and back the same way. On the flight back on HKG-DFW 125 in the seat map page, there was a blocked out section for PE where MCE used to be 2-4-2 was the seat layout. On DFW to HKG 126, it did not have that.
Also both HKG-CAN-HKG legs are on Cathay Dragon with AA flight numbers. Everything else is AA metal. I used the link on kayak to buy the ticket on AA’s website. Total price was less than 950. I went to AA.com and could not find the same deal. It’s funny how kayak can find something that you can’t find on AA own website.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 7:58 am

The 2nd 77W is at PAE for a PE refit: N718AN

She will join N721AN as the 2/20 77W frames with PE.

I'm sure we will start to see these heading to PAE much more frequently, now that we're through the busier Latin American summer season, which they were being used heavily on in the past months.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 8:57 am

Programs: AA EXP/7.0MM
A small data point;

This morning my EF alert watching for availability on a blocked seat in the PE configuration triggered for LAX-LHR May 5 and LHR-LAX on May 20. Previously we had assigned seats in MCE prior to the PE rollout.
We were the only 2 people in the PE section with all other seats locked (see post 44). This morning, the flight shows the PE layout and all seats unblocked.

Logged into AA and was able to move to different seats while the configuration stayed at the 28 seat PC layout.
Perhaps AA believes that the A/C on those flights will be reconfigured by early May?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.