Wiki Posts
Search

Routes with International First Class?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2017, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I had to choose between AA business and EK business ( even the current product ) , the quality of AA's service offerings would mean I would take EK without a 2nd thought
I don't think I'd agree because a route on AA means (someplace)-USA (or v.v.) and a comparable route on EK means (someplace)-DXB-USA (or v.v.). I flew DUS-ORD-SEA in AA J, it was fine (service was fine, food was fine). EK J going DUS-DXB-SEA would be adding double the travel distance (plus in this case double the miles) You couldn't ply me with enough whiskey for that. And yes, I've flown EK J and I'd say the soft product is better than AA J. You can look at the whiskey and drinks list in EK J trip reports and see it. EK IFE is pretty slick too.

All told a better hard product in terms of a seat + more direct flight wins me over food and drink. Food and drink taste better at sea level anyways.

AA F and EK F is more unequivocally a blowout to EK. That said, I'll be flying HKG-LAX-SEA in AA F later this year. I suppose I could have paid treble the AS miles for EK F (and only added 3,000 miles of flying or so, so maybe 6-8 hours). But it's still three times the AS miles and extra time (and it'll be a fairly long day getting home anyway, the times I've flown CX F on long dragging routes I've just wanted the day to be over at some point, and they are much closer to a match with EK F). I mean, really, I can BUY caviar and Krug if I really want it, not too hard to find mezze and curries where I live that would match what I get on an EK flight. In flight showers are cool I guess, but not a hundred thousand extra miles cool. And AA F will do the trick (and I'll get nice lounges in HKG and LAX, the HKG ones every bit as good as EK I think).

But horses for courses, I suppose. Cheers.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 9:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
I don't think I'd agree because a route on AA means (someplace)-USA (or v.v.) and a comparable route on EK means (someplace)-DXB-USA (or v.v.). I flew DUS-ORD-SEA in AA J, it was fine (service was fine, food was fine). EK J going DUS-DXB-SEA would be adding double the travel distance (plus in this case double the miles) You couldn't ply me with enough whiskey for that. And yes, I've flown EK J and I'd say the soft product is better than AA J. You can look at the whiskey and drinks list in EK J trip reports and see it. EK IFE is pretty slick too.

All told a better hard product in terms of a seat + more direct flight wins me over food and drink. Food and drink taste better at sea level anyways.
My comment was if there was a route where I could choose between, then it would be EK
There are no routes I fly where such a choice would exist ( I would not fly germany-dubai-USA )
Old Nov 21, 2017, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
There almost is: PHL-ATH/EWR-ATH... EK serves JFK-MXP as well.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 6:34 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by AlanA
What? You are trying to tell me that AA B767, with no IFE, no lie flat seats, is superior to other airlines? Need to take those AA rose tinted glasses off...😁
Which 767s are those, exactly? (Hint: there are none.)
Old Nov 22, 2017, 7:11 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Explore
AA doesn't make it too easy to find these. Need to burn off some SWUs by January. Can someone provide a list?
You may want to book mark this thread for future reference: OW first class routes thread

While it is for more than just AA, the Full Wiki is ordered by airline and OW forum participants tend to keep it fairly up to date.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
When comparing ( as the thread refers to) against AA's 1st class, EK's 1st class leaves AA far behind
I still haven't found that claim or reference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.