Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Routes with International First Class?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2017, 7:32 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Enterprise PLT, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by gkbiiii
AA does not offer International First, on any other flights/routs, really?
How sad, we can't compete with the Asian, European, or middle Eastern carriers!
It's only gotten worse, granted it was insanely outdated, but the old 777 had F and J, but they of course got rid of all the 777's and refurbished them to nicer J only instead of refurbing both.. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if the 77W is the last of any AA planes to have international F going forward.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 7:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by SpinOn2
Honestly wouldn't be surprised if the 77W is the last of any AA planes to have international F going forward.
Undoubtedly.

Sure they do. "Compete" doesn't mean offer the exact same products and route networks. It means offer things people will buy at the price point that delivers consistent and sustainable profits.
Originally Posted by econometrics
True, but most of the European carriers also cannot compete with AA on J seats. Definitely not BA, LH or KL (and AF A380).
The LH CEO is on record complaining about the proliferation of lie-flat business, calling it "an unfortunate development." Mostly because it erodes the value of F. And as premium economy cabins are rolled out expect to see more ravel policies adjusted to have that as the premium product for business travelers, not the lie-flat beds. Both because of the price point and the ability to deliver an employee mostly rested and functional to work, just like the business class of yore.

(link to my blog covering that story; you've been warned)
Old Nov 20, 2017, 9:05 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
AA does not offer International First, on any other flights/routs, really?
AA does offer International First on all long haul routes - it's now called Business. Think about it - lie flat seats and aisle access would have been called First class not too long ago. And AA's business seats are superior to some Asian, European, and middle Eastern airlines, such as Air China, Korean, British Airways, Emirates (outside their A380).
JDiver and econometrics like this.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by Austin787
AA does offer International First on all long haul routes - it's now called Business. Think about it - lie flat seats and aisle access would have been called First class not too long ago. And AA's business seats are superior to some Asian, European, and middle Eastern airlines, such as Air China, Korean, British Airways, Emirates (outside their A380).
AA's business class seats ( or 1st class seats ) are nowhere close to EK's 1st class suites

Also, if removing the blinkers of just the seat, AA is dreadful in service quality and onboard offering quality against airlines such as Emirates
Old Nov 20, 2017, 10:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I find J in AA to be plenty comfortable with all the amenities I need.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
AA's business class seats ( or 1st class seats ) are nowhere close to EK's 1st class suites
Nobody said that.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Nobody said that.
given the thread was relating to comparison to 1st class, it sure implied it
Old Nov 21, 2017, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by Austin787
What? You are trying to tell me that AA B767, with no IFE, no lie flat seats, is superior to other airlines? Need to take those AA rose tinted glasses off...😁
Old Nov 21, 2017, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Enterprise PLT, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by oysterhead43
I find J in AA to be plenty comfortable with all the amenities I need.
I agree, albeit possibly because I haven't flown much longhaul F or J on foreign airlines. I am not really a foodie, I don't even enjoy anything fish or seafood related. I am tall so all I ask is that I fit a lot better than coach, I can sleep if need be, I get some food, and have good entertainment. I'm very easy to please as far as premium travel is concerned. Nothing is wrong from those who expect more, but for me what AA gives is plenty for me.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 3:44 pm

given the thread was relating to comparison to 1st class, it sure implied it
You probably want to re-read the post that you replied to- slowly
ijgordon likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 3:50 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
To think that Pan Am First Class, was once the best in the world. How low have we fallen: even Air France has a world class product, but American can't even manage, but a few flights.
No, AA First is not in any way, equal to AF!
Ha, ha! PA First couldn’t hold a candle to the AA Business hard product. Not to mention, they went bankrupt after selling routes off piecemeal.

Try comparing apples to apples, please. Most airlines have eliminated or reduced First class. QR has far better service, but their 777s to DOH and many other aircraft have no F.

But this is all off topic, as the OP inquired about AA F routes, not comparisons.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by DataPlumber
You probably want to re-read the post that you replied to- slowly
I do not need to read slowly - at no point did the person say that the comparison was against the business class
Even against the business class I would not agree with the list where it is claimed that AA is better
Old Nov 21, 2017, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by AlanA
What? You are trying to tell me that AA B767, with no IFE, no lie flat seats, is superior to other airlines?
AA isn't flying any 767s without lie-flat seats or IFE in J. They use the same seat as LX uses in their A340s (Thompson Vantage), and hand out tablets. It's fine.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...solidated.html

Their Y cabins for 767s are garbage, but the J cabin's plenty competitive with LX, BA, and so on.

I do not need to read slowly - at no point did the person say that the comparison was against the business class
Even against the business class I would not agree with the list where it is claimed that AA is better
So middle seat on an EK 777 in J is cool with you? All right then. I suppose chatting with your neighbors (maybe even waking them up if they are asleep so you can get out) when you have to take a leak is fine when the whiskey and food is better. Some people might not agree, but some might.
JDiver likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I do not need to read slowly
Apparently you do.
Or, allow me to paraphrase.
(1) Today's business class on AA is at least as good as international First Class was in days gone by.
Next point:
(2) Today's business class seats on AA are better than on many other foreign carriers.
Austin787 likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward

So middle seat on an EK 777 in J is cool with you? All right then. I suppose chatting with your neighbors (maybe even waking them up if they are asleep so you can get out) when you have to take a leak is fine when the whiskey and food is better. Some people might not agree, but some might.
Never had an issue with the middle seat, nor have I felt a need to chat to them - the latest business class on EK's 777s look pretty decent too - even if there are some middle seats
When comparing ( as the thread refers to) against AA's 1st class, EK's 1st class leaves AA far behind

If there was a route where I had to choose between AA 1st and EK 1st , I would take EK and if I had to choose between AA business and EK business ( even the current product ) , the quality of AA's service offerings would mean I would take EK without a 2nd thought

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.