Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Surprising Airports with no lounge access for AA elites

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Surprising Airports with no lounge access for AA elites

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2017, 9:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
Originally Posted by Reetmafreen
I was surprised to see that BNA had an AC when I flew through there last week. Most welcome and a pretty nice club to boot.
BNA and RDU were both hub experiments for LAA in the 1990s. The RDU-LHR route and both ACs remain from those failed experiments (Nashville also used to have a London route).

Southwest has taken over most of the C gates that AA had at BNA at that time, but the AC there IMO is one of the best in the system because of the staff alone!!
Old May 29, 2017, 11:34 pm

Actually the BNA club closed in the cuts after 9/11 when other lounges closed too.. It was reopened in 2007. The one at RDU has stayed open the whole time however.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ring-07-a.html

Interestingly, the 3rd message in that thread from 2006 is someone asking if Houston IAH would ever get their Admirals Club back open. Hey it only took 11 years for Houston.
Old May 29, 2017, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by aztimm
Having hubs in an overseas spoke makes perfect sense and is a definite exception to my spoke rule. I've used the BA lounge at IAH (actually while connecting from a US flight), and although it was small, it was very nice and got quite busy before the flight to LHR.

I know that BA also has a lounge in PHX, again makes sense as there could be connecting traffic. Plus people tend to arrive earlier for international flights, or at least I do.

And AA has several lounges around Europe and definitely at NRT. For NRT, I've used it when connecting from JL flights in Asia when I wanted to shower before an AA flight back to the USA, as the JL lounges don't have showers in the biz lounge.

All that said, I do wonder how many people purposely plan to arrive early for a domestic flight, say IAH-PHX/LAX and would pay to make it worthwhile for AA.
IAH has an AC now.
Old May 29, 2017, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Marcin83
Right, thatīs what I thought.
Thus it was just a stupid excuse (the capacity) when a dragon in BA Galleries in IAH was denying the access to CX-Emerald who was flying with AA to some domestic AA destination (I witnessed the situation and the lounge was not too crowded).
AA now has a lounge at IAH. BA has a very small space that has a very limited occupancy by law. (Fire code) They have issues with enough space for BA J/F/BA elites. Thus they limit who can enter. They been cited by the fire marshal for exceeding occupancy. Thus they have to be careful.
Old May 30, 2017, 9:44 am
OTD

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Skymiles, Mileage Plus
I'd love to see PBI get an AC. It seems to have about as many AA flights as SNA, and similar area demographics. A GA told me that there had been one (not sure if it was a US or AA club) but that it was closed after 9/11. The space is still there, he said.

Yeah, I know it's not likely to happen, but I can dream.
Old May 30, 2017, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by OTD
I'd love to see PBI get an AC. It seems to have about as many AA flights as SNA, and similar area demographics. A GA told me that there had been one (not sure if it was a US or AA club) but that it was closed after 9/11. The space is still there, he said.

Yeah, I know it's not likely to happen, but I can dream.
The PBI club was a legacy US club, located near the B concourse security exit.
Old May 30, 2017, 2:35 pm

Programs: DIAMANTAIRE EXTRAORDINAIRE
Cleveland

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.