Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Surprising Airports with no lounge access for AA elites

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Surprising Airports with no lounge access for AA elites

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2017, 10:44 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC
I would not hold my breath on AA adding many lounges in the US. Pre-merger they closed MCI and post-merger they closed BUF...which was always busy when I was there.

I would not be surprised to see AA prune a few more from the network including GSO and PIT.
Step 1: Restrict access to paid memberships and international OW elites only
Step 2: Remove Citi Prestige access
Step 3: "Look, the lounges are underutilized, we can't justify them to our shareholders"
Old May 24, 2017, 10:59 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by aztimm
And AA has several lounges around Europe and definitely at NRT. For NRT, I've used it when connecting from JL flights in Asia when I wanted to shower before an AA flight back to the USA, as the JL lounges don't have showers in the biz lounge.
I know this is AA forum, but JL business class lounge (Sakura Lounge) at NRT does have shower. There are two Sakura Lounge at NRT Terminal 2, Main Terminal and Satellite Terminal. Satellite Terminal Sakura Lounge does not have shower facility, but Main Terminal Sakura Lounge does have shower facility.
Old May 24, 2017, 11:01 am

Ever noticed the signage for the Ionosphere Club at MSY?
Old May 24, 2017, 11:05 am

Programs: AA PP 1.8MM, PC Spire, Hertz 5*, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
I know this is AA forum, but JL business class lounge (Sakura Lounge) at NRT does have shower. There are two Sakura Lounge at NRT Terminal 2, Main Terminal and Satellite Terminal. Satellite Terminal Sakura Lounge does not have shower facility, but Main Terminal Sakura Lounge does have shower facility.
^ At the same area as the showers is a 15 minute massage by a person. Showers, person massage, and chair massage makes for a relaxed NRT experience
Old May 24, 2017, 11:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
I've always wondered why AA still bothers with the NRT AC when the JL lounges are so much better. I'm guessing it's cheaper to keep it open than it would be to send all pax to the JL lounge?
Old May 24, 2017, 11:22 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by VibeGuy
Ever noticed the signage for the Ionosphere Club at MSY?
I haven't! I found a thread from 2000 here, but I've never noticed it myself. It's crazy because I've checked in there many times.

I'll keep my eyes peeled next time.
Old May 24, 2017, 11:44 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by aztimm

The first time I flew to Austin, I was really shocked to see not only an AA lounge, but also a UA one.
The few times I've been in the AA lounge at AUS (before going elsewhere to connect for an international flight) it has always been rather dead. I've chatted with the lounge staff and they said it is like that all the time--except for a few hours before the afternoon BA flight to LHR, then it gets crazy.
My experience has been quite different with AUS, both when I lived there and now that I'm back there several times a year. Admittedly, I probably fly more in the PM so perhaps I encounter the BA traffic more often, but it can be difficult to even find a seat. And never in all of my years of using the lounge has it ever seemed dead to me.

To the OP - At SFO, Aren't T1 and T2 connected so you can get to the AC?
Old May 24, 2017, 2:13 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Originally Posted by ashill
CMH has no NFL team.
Locals think tOSU is just as good. CMH just finished a nice remodel and still no lounge, just a USO.
Old May 24, 2017, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by lcflyer
Next on my list is SFO Terminal 1 when flying domestic on Alaska. While there is a BA lounge and another OW lounge, they don't allow access to OW Emeralds flying domestic. There isn't even a decent sitdown restaurant in the Terminal.
- You can't get access to ANY BA lounge as an AA EXP flying domestic.

- Why would AS have a lounge for AA folks when they aren't running their own lounge at SFO at the moment, and why would AA have a lounge in a terminal they don't fly out of? (AS is contracting with CX for their own lounge members, but that doesn't cover AA.)

- AS is going to be moving to T2 soon enough thanks to the VX acquisition...
Old May 24, 2017, 6:18 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by 50ae
I live in Dallas and this doesn't bug me. I always get dropped off at D and use the Centurion anyway but even if you only have AC the train is only 10 minutes to your gate so it's not a big hassle.
WARNING: The last time I had a flight from E and visited one of the AC's, the train developed problems after I boarded and we were stuck on the train, moving nowhere, for about 25 minutes. I did not miss the flight but was one of the last three to board.

With your philosophy, AA should have only one large AC at DFW since the train is available.

IMO, if AA flights continue to use Term E, then I believe Term E needs an AC.
Old May 24, 2017, 8:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Thankful that lil BNA isn't on this list. Lounge matters!
Old May 24, 2017, 9:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Gig103
Step 3: "Look, the lounges are underutilized, we can't justify them to our shareholders"
Not sure why it'd be more appealing to shareholders if they were losing even more money by giving free access to a lot more people.
Old May 24, 2017, 9:35 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Originally Posted by oysterhead43
Thankful that lil BNA isn't on this list. Lounge matters!
I was surprised to see that BNA had an AC when I flew through there last week. Most welcome and a pretty nice club to boot.
Old May 25, 2017, 7:02 pm

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
Originally Posted by ty97
My experience has been quite different with AUS, both when I lived there and now that I'm back there several times a year. Admittedly, I probably fly more in the PM so perhaps I encounter the BA traffic more often, but it can be difficult to even find a seat. And never in all of my years of using the lounge has it ever seemed dead to me.

To the OP - At SFO, Aren't T1 and T2 connected so you can get to the AC?
Agree AUS AC is more often busy than empty. I am in there about 3-4 times a month on average, mornings more than pm and it is often hard to find 2 seats together.
Old May 25, 2017, 9:53 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by Gig103
Not sure how the Prestige fits in. I'm willing to bet quite a few more Executive holders or actual members than that washed up card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.