Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Bose NR headphones AA business class? (Obsolete thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bose NR headphones AA business class? (Obsolete thread)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2018, 12:05 pm

Bose headphone international business class

Just got off from AA flight 82 ( 12/14/2018)from Auckland to LAX!
yes the flight attendants would collect Bose headphones before landing and as everyone waiting for the gate to be opened we noticed a lady site aboutrow 12 window seat still wearing THAT Bose headphones with AA red whit blue logo playing twisting like she is so surprised with the “bonus” in her hand (like you are shopping at a store)
while everyone is standing with carry on at hands , her loud voice just makes people around her gossiping..... my friend said to a male flight attendant “ there’s a lady still have your headphones and bragging “ and he answered without hesitation:
you can buy it on American Airlines website but it’s more expensive! Yes it probably is her own !
my friend said : with the logo?
He said: with the logo , it’s collectible, that’s why it’s more expensive!
he made everyone silent......,
now i am catching another flight while waiting, I can’t seem to find this Bose headphones on AA site!
Is flight attendant lying? Seems he forgot to retrieve it from the lady or just...,, Xmas gift ?
did he make up about American Airline selling Bose headphones?
if it’s “ gift “ , can I get it from AA!
Old Dec 14, 2018, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Onetreehill
yes the flight attendants would collect Bose headphones before landing and as everyone waiting for the gate to be opened we noticed a lady site aboutrow 12 window seat still wearing THAT Bose headphones with AA red whit blue logo playing twisting like she is so surprised with the “bonus” in her hand (like you are shopping at a store)
while everyone is standing with carry on at hands , her loud voice just makes people around her gossiping..... my friend said to a male flight attendant “ there’s a lady still have your headphones and bragging “ and he answered without hesitation:
you can buy it on American Airlines website but it’s more expensive! Yes it probably is her own !
now i am catching another flight while waiting, I can’t seem to find this Bose headphones on AA site!
Is flight attendant lying? Seems he forgot to retrieve it from the lady or just...,, Xmas gift ?
She should've bought the new Sony - better than the Bose. Why would anyone want to pay extra for an AA logo?

https://www.sony.com/electronics/hea...nes/wh-1000xm3

Maybe it was a closeout since AA is getting rid of the Bose in favor of the B&O?
Old Dec 14, 2018, 1:06 pm

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by HofstraJet
Why would anyone want to pay extra for an AA logo?
That way your friends know that you overpaid for it.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 1:08 pm

Programs: American, Delta, United, Southwest, Marriott, HIlton, Sheraton, Hyatt, Avis, Hertz, National, Sixt
More than that, on flight last March JFK-ZRH, they actually picked up my own headphones. We figured it out and when we landed, we had to wait until a ground manager with a key to the cabinet came on board to unlock it and return my headphones!
MorganB likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by Superjeff
More than that, on flight last March JFK-ZRH, they actually picked up my own headphones. We figured it out and when we landed, we had to wait until a ground manager with a key to the cabinet came on board to unlock it and return my headphones!
I always half-worry about either this happening, or being woken up and asked for my personal headphones even if I've told all the FAs not to & that I don't want their headphones. I like that they offer them, but they really need a system that doesn't involve distributing and collecting (i.e., hardwired but with swappable ear pads or something for sanitation)
Old Dec 14, 2018, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
I always half-worry about either this happening, or being woken up and asked for my personal headphones even if I've told all the FAs not to & that I don't want their headphones. I like that they offer them, but they really need a system that doesn't involve distributing and collecting (i.e., hardwired but with swappable ear pads or something for sanitation)
It (FA's trying to collect my Bose headphones) used to happen a lot more but hasn't in a while. Likely picked up on the fact that a lot of people have these, especially those in J/F who travel a good bit. Probably just as annoying for the FAs to try to figure out which sets are personal and which are AA's...
Old Dec 14, 2018, 9:30 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Onetreehill
I’m thinking this FA kissed the Blarney Stone and was spouting BS. AA has, AFAIK, NEVER sold headsets online. And AA branded headsets today II are three prong and aren’t likely to work at home. And the gem about collectible... ROTFLMAO.

He was embarrassed at getting caught flat-footed, or he had ulterior motive to “allow” her(collude with her) to disembark with the headset.

In the long run, as Bose exits the market for airline headsets, https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...en-2019-a.html. (Maybe a lot of us will have the opportunity to purchase “collectible” AA logo design used, obsolete three prong deadsets, er, headsets with no possibility of customer support in the near future!)

Last edited by JDiver; Dec 15, 2018 at 9:29 am
Old Dec 15, 2018, 3:54 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
I always upon boarding, give the headphones directly to the FA, they note in their system
Never had a problem since, asking for my headphones
Old Dec 17, 2018, 3:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by fotographer
I always upon boarding, give the headphones directly to the FA, they note in their system
Never had a problem since, asking for my headphones
This
Old Jun 16, 2019, 11:56 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Wonder if someone can clarify something for me, based on this thread.

It just appears to have three holes in a triangle formation. There is only one hole. The other two "holes" are actually screw heads.
The bose adaptor for my QC35's work - it's just two prongs for the top two in the triangle.
My personal headphones have a single prong (like for plugging into a laptop). Will this work, after the cabin crew take away the provided ones? The first quote implies "yes". The other comments imply "no". Has anyone used a normal, single prong headphone jack in the AA 777-200 J seats?
Old Jun 17, 2019, 7:11 am

You can use it single prong, but then you get sound in mono and not stereo.

Get a pack of these adapters, and keep a couple in your bag.

Amazon Amazon
Old Jun 17, 2019, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Gildas
Wonder if someone can clarify something for me, based on this thread.

My personal headphones have a single prong (like for plugging into a laptop). Will this work, after the cabin crew take away the provided ones? The first quote implies "yes". The other comments imply "no". Has anyone used a normal, single prong headphone jack in the AA 777-200 J seats?
the third prong is power. Not needed on a personal device as it has a battery.

The bottom 2 are stereo audio. I usually have a mono-stereo adapter but some of the planes seem to work ok even without them.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 12:24 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
This thread was dedicated to discussion of the Bose QC15 noise reduction headsets on select AA longhaul flights in First and Business classes, and is obsolete and closed.

As these Bose headsets have been removed out through the fleet and replaced with the newly introduced Bang & Olufsen H9i “Beoplay” headsets, there’s a new thread for further discussion, etc. relating to the B&O H9i “Beoplay” corded headset here: Bang & Olufsen H9i NR Headset Discussion, Issues (master thread)

The Wikipost includes information about the aircraft three prong plug and connections for those who bring their own.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.