FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Bose NR headphones AA business class? (Obsolete thread) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1840302-bose-nr-headphones-aa-business-class-obsolete-thread.html)

HenryY May 2, 2017 3:27 pm

Bose NR headphones AA business class? (Obsolete thread)

Flying AA 321T LAX to JFK and then 772 JFK to FCO.
I typically travel with my Bose noise canceling headphones but noticed that they give identical headphones in business class. For me noise cancelling headphones are a must when flying. I would love to free up some space in my carry on. Is there chance that they will not have them on the flights and I will be left without headphones?

This thread was dedicated to discussion of the Bose QC15 noise reduction headsets on select AA longhaul flights in First and Business classes, and is obsolete and closed.

As these Bose headsets have been removed out through the fleet and replaced with the newly introduced Bang & Olufsen H9i “Beoplay” headsets, there’s a new thread for further discussion, etc. relating to the B&O H9i “Beoplay” corded headset here: Bang & Olufsen H9i NR Headset Discussion, Issues (master thread)

The Wikipost includes information about the aircraft three prong plug and connections for those who bring their own.

mobile19 May 2, 2017 3:39 pm

Of all the flights I few in business both international and transcontinental including LAX to BOS, they provided the Bose QC15 headphones.

asf-07 May 2, 2017 3:42 pm

I've always had the Bose ones provided (EDIT: only TATL/TPAC, no transcon experience). It prob wouldn't hurt to bring some earbuds as a backup pair, but I wouldn't bring QCs (taking up carry-on space) as a backup.

lobo411 May 2, 2017 3:48 pm

I haven't flown in J on the LAX <> JFK 321T since last year, but I was disappointed that they didn't give out the headsets in either direction. Just the cheap crappo earbuds.

The headphones were given out in both directions on my onward TATL flights, though.

If it was me, I would hope for the best but plan for the worst by bringing earplugs (sleep through the domestic leg). I wouldn't lug headphones all over Europe on the off chance that the headsets might not be given out.

asf-07 May 2, 2017 3:50 pm

deleted

YtravelF May 2, 2017 4:02 pm

They definitely have them in F on the 321T and in F/J on all TATL/TPAC flights.
Not sure about J on the 321T, though I'd be surprised if they didn't.

bse118 May 2, 2017 4:04 pm

Be aware that - at least on the international flights (can't speak to the transcons, as I never fly those) - the FAs will collect the headphones at about 1 hour prior to landing.

flyerCO May 2, 2017 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by bse118 (Post 28258651)
Be aware that - at least on the international flights (can't speak to the transcons, as I never fly those) - the FAs will collect the headphones at about 1 hour prior to landing.

Theu wake you though evem if youre using youre own. They dont understand that some have their own.

J/F on JFK-LAX/SFO and MIA/LAX should get them.

HofstraJet May 3, 2017 3:01 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO (Post 28258751)
Theu wake you though evem if youre using youre own. They dont understand that some have their own.

J/F on JFK-LAX/SFO and MIA/LAX should get them.

I'd be really upset if they woke me to take the headphones, whether they were mine or theirs. It's not like I can go anywhere. They can collect them on approach. Unreal. :mad:

FWIW, J on the 77W MIA-LAX gets them. Never flew the 321T.

Dr. HFH May 3, 2017 3:36 am

Originally Posted by bse118 (Post 28258651)

One of the reasons I bought and bring my own. Ridiculous.

fotographer May 3, 2017 5:56 am

I always bring my own, who knows where and when the ones on the plane are cleaned, and besides they always seem to take them away in my opinion way too early on landing

Head May 3, 2017 6:02 am

Yep. Always picked up way to early. I take my own "monoprice" Noise Cancelling Head Phones for that reason. Be aware that you will need an adapter to use your own (at least on the 777) for the A/V system. Well... mine requires it but the Bose that most folks have may not.

profpeabody May 3, 2017 6:49 am

I have my own headset I travel with so I don't use theirs. On a recent flight, they came around and collected the headsets at the end of the flight but evidently did not see the unopened set at my seat. They then announced as the doors opened that someone had failed to return their Bose and they needed them all before we deplaned - the implication being someone was trying to steal a set. The box was sitting out in the open, I had not even used them and they just failed to pick it up. It was embarrassing and very unpleasant.

Head May 3, 2017 7:43 am

Originally Posted by profpeabody (Post 28260964)
I have my own headset I travel with so I don't use theirs. On a recent flight, they came around and collected the headsets at the end of the flight but evidently did not see the unopened set at my seat. They then announced as the doors opened that someone had failed to return their Bose and they needed them all before we deplaned - the implication being someone was trying to steal a set. The box was sitting out in the open, I had not even used them and they just failed to pick it up. It was embarrassing and very unpleasant.

On A recent HKG-DFW flight, I turned mine in before departure. Apparently the FAs didn't remember, and I was asked repeatedly for them when they went around collecting prior to landing. Worked out well, just needed to explain it to them a few times.

neo_781 May 3, 2017 10:18 am

Originally Posted by HofstraJet (Post 28260374)
I'd be really upset if they woke me to take the headphones, whether they were mine or theirs. It's not like I can go anywhere. They can collect them on approach. Unreal. :mad:

FWIW, J on the 77W MIA-LAX gets them. Never flew the 321T.

Then prepare to be upset. They will collect them 1 hour before landing ... maybe 45 minutes if you are lucky.