FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: Transportation Voucher / vouchers / "MCO" FAQ and master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1822138-archive-transportation-voucher-vouchers-mco-faq-master-thread.html)

mvoight Oct 20, 2014 11:00 am

WOW.. I got an email from someone else in Customer Relations who says I was right. So, I called Customer Relations to ask how to deal with the ticket agent to extend the hold time to wait for the voucher. The person who answered also agreed with me.. It is interesting that the first 7 people (agents, supervisors, web agent, rate desk, and 1 Customer Relations person) were super sure I had to have all flights on AA or an AA codeshare.
The last 3 agreed with me (Twitter person, CR person who sent the email, CR person who answered the phone)
I even used Click2Mail to send priority snail mail to AA Legal. ETA 2 to 4 days, because I was nearly convinced I wasn't going to get help. It should not have gone this way.

Right now the person from Customer Relations is discussing it with a reservation supervisor who is also confused. I think there is a problem with some people not being able to understand what is written in the documentation.

AAbruflyer Oct 21, 2014 8:22 am

Paper Voucher to E Voucher

Hi Folks,
I'm stuck with a paper voucher and always have issues redeeming it as you need 14 days to 30 days ahead to send it in etc. How do I convert that paper voucher into an electronic one?
Thanks!

bdemaria Oct 21, 2014 8:52 am

Originally Posted by AAbruflyer (Post 23710693)
Hi Folks,
I'm stuck with a paper voucher and always have issues redeeming it as you need 14 days to 30 days ahead to send it in etc. How do I convert that paper voucher into an electronic one?
Thanks!

IME, there is no way to easily convert a paper voucher to an electronic one.

You could book a new ticket w/the paper voucher and then cancel the new ticket and the the credit from the new ticket would be saved electronically for future use.

mvoight Oct 21, 2014 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by mvoight (Post 23705838)
WOW.. I got an email from someone else in Customer Relations who says I was right. So, I called Customer Relations to ask how to deal with the ticket agent to extend the hold time to wait for the voucher. The person who answered also agreed with me.. It is interesting that the first 7 people (agents, supervisors, web agent, rate desk, and 1 Customer Relations person) were super sure I had to have all flights on AA or an AA codeshare.
The last 3 agreed with me (Twitter person, CR person who sent the email, CR person who answered the phone)
I even used Click2Mail to send priority snail mail to AA Legal. ETA 2 to 4 days, because I was nearly convinced I wasn't going to get help. It should not have gone this way.

Right now the person from Customer Relations is discussing it with a reservation supervisor who is also confused. I think there is a problem with some people not being able to understand what is written in the documentation.

AA says they will make the instructions for processing vouchers easier to understand. Yesterday afternoon, I was took the voucher to AA at LAS and ticketed. Now I have to look up the earning rates on the carriers involved. It is nearly 8800 miles from LAX-DME-OVB.. If all at AA rate, it would be over 35K for the roundtrip... but I suspect the other carriers (BA, S7) might give less.

rikramer Oct 22, 2014 1:48 pm

AA Paper Voucher Processing Time

I sent a paper voucher in to AA about 3 weeks ago to apply against my spouses travel on Dec 2nd. The reservation has still not been ticketed (status is shown as 'unkown' on AA.com). How long does this process typically take? When should I start to get concerned that the voucher may have been lost in the mail?

Ready2Go Oct 22, 2014 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by rikramer (Post 23718121)
I sent a paper voucher in to AA about 3 weeks ago to apply against my spouses travel on Dec 2nd. The reservation has still not been ticketed (status is shown as 'unkown' on AA.com). How long does this process typically take? When should I start to get concerned that the voucher may have been lost in the mail?

Did you write the date of the first flight under your return address on the envelope in the format "02DEC"? This is what they use to prioritize processing.

rikramer Oct 22, 2014 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by Ready2Go (Post 23718349)
Did you write the date of the first flight under your return address on the envelope in the format "02DEC"? This is what they use to prioritize processing.

I wrote the travel date on the envelope. No idea what format I used...probably 'Dec 2, 2014'

LucWise Oct 22, 2014 2:57 pm

They get processed based on date of travel. It can take awhile. Dreadful system.

Ready2Go Oct 22, 2014 3:12 pm

Yes, if the travel date is on the envelope there is no reason to be concerned. The reason for the delay is that the travel date is still several weeks away. Vouchers are not processed upon receipt.

rikramer Oct 22, 2014 3:15 pm

ok, thanks. So when should I start to get concerned? T-4 weeks from travel? T-3 weeks?

arollins Oct 22, 2014 4:38 pm

AA Paper Voucher Processing Time

2 months ago I submitted vouchers for a Feb 2015 trip, it was processed last month. Did you kept a copy of the voucher? Maybe call them just to confirm if they have them and it is just in queue at the moment.

Ready2Go Oct 22, 2014 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by arollins (Post 23719024)
2 months ago I submitted vouchers for a Feb 2015 trip, it was processed last month. Did you kept a copy of the voucher? Maybe call them just to confirm if they have them and it is just in queue at the moment.

Curious to know if calling "them" is really possible. I've never heard of anyone being transferred to the facility that actually processes the vouchers, and I'm not aware that they're logged upon receipt in a way that would be visible to reservations agents. (But I claim no knowledge on the subject.)

Again, I don't think loss/mishandling of vouchers has ever been a commonly reported problem. Whereas slow-ish processing of vouchers for travel several weeks out is standard. So I wouldn't worry.

austin_modern Oct 23, 2014 11:31 am

I was told "10 days" when I booked a voucher flight Tuesday.

BostonFlyer1624 Oct 23, 2014 12:37 pm

AA vouchers on US

Are you able to use AA vouchers (given as comp for a delayed flight) on US Air flights?

I know I could with codeshare flights, but the AA codeshare is much more expensive.

Blumie Oct 23, 2014 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by rikramer (Post 23718476)
I wrote the travel date on the envelope. No idea what format I used...probably 'Dec 2, 2014'

Ah, see there's your problem right there: improper date formatting.