FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: Transportation Voucher / vouchers / "MCO" FAQ and master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1822138-archive-transportation-voucher-vouchers-mco-faq-master-thread.html)

todd-r Dec 18, 2014 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by ZonaFlyer (Post 23950269)
Can I use remaining value in the voucher to pay for preferred or MCE seats? Based on the Wiki I would say it appears the answer is no. Please tell me I'm wrong!

In addition to air fare, vouchers can be used for ancilliary items as listed in the wiki. Basically, items that can be 'purchased' at a ticket counter. And then, you'll be hard pressed to find someone who knows how to process them.

gv111 Dec 22, 2014 2:05 pm

Send a voucher to AA and it was received Dec 17. The ticket status is still "On request". Travel date is Feb 27. When can I expect it to be ticketed? In the past they used to be fast 2-3 days. Seems like it has slowed on a bit.

Will I get an email once my conf is ticketed?

JY1024 Dec 23, 2014 7:44 am

Originally Posted by gv111 (Post 24038299)
Send a voucher to AA and it was received Dec 17. The ticket status is still "On request". Travel date is Feb 27. When can I expect it to be ticketed? In the past they used to be fast 2-3 days. Seems like it has slowed on a bit.

The answer is "no one knows." :) It might sit in the queue for a while, as they're processed based on departure date of your first flight. My experiences have been varied - sometimes they're ticketed within 1-2 weeks of receipt; sometimes it takes 4-5 weeks if my departure date is further out. For me, I don't think it's ever taken more than 6 weeks after receipt to have something ticketed.

If I recall, yes, I always receive the email "e-ticket confirmation" when they've actually ticketed the itinerary.

gv111 Dec 23, 2014 8:11 am

JY1024 - thank u so much. Your response is very helpful and appreciated.

21A Dec 28, 2014 12:07 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.4.4; Nexus 5 Build/KTU84P) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/39.0.2171.93 Mobile Safari/537.36)

Originally Posted by GreenTrees
Question (and I can't find an answer): used eVouchers for 2 tickets nearly 4 weeks ago. It's still "Ticket Pending," but there's now a much less expensive option. Am I able to change? Of course, the price difference per ticket is the same as the $200 change fee.

Yeah, if it's not ticketed yet, you can cancel or change to get the new fare with no penalty.

todd-r Dec 29, 2014 9:42 am

Could take up to 48 hours before travel. If it hasn't ticketed by Feb 24, call them. Hopefully you kept copies of the couchers. Give the agent the voucher numbers and they will ticket while you're on the line.

See post 680 for details on my experience.

Yes.

todd-r Dec 29, 2014 9:46 am

used eVouchers for 2 tickets nearly 4 weeks ago. It's still "Ticket Pending," but there's now a much less expensive option. Am I able to change? Of course, the price difference per ticket is the same as the $200 change fee.

Yeah, if it's not ticketed yet, you can cancel or change to get the new fare with no penalty.
If you have already sent in your voucher, DO NOT CANCEL. Just call and make a CHANGE. Tell the agent you have tickets on hold and would like them re-fared due to a price drop. That way your PNR stays the same. This is important since the voucher you sent referenced the original PNR and the voucher will be applied to that PNR. If you cancel, the voucher will be returned to you and this could take a LONG time.

fr33b13 Jan 4, 2015 5:02 pm

I have an eVoucher and a paper voucher that expires 1/7.

Domestic flights generally are cheaper on Tuesdays and Wednesdays so I want to wait until then to book my flight. Can I use both on 1/7 to pay for my flight (I read I can use multiple vouchers for one booking)? I know I need to mail in the paper voucher and don't want them to tell me that it's expired when they get it in the mail. I assume the eVoucher doesn't require mailing (please correct me if I'm wrong)

jpsantopinto Jan 12, 2015 5:02 am

Sorry If this has already been asked, but I havenīt been able to find it in FT or other forums:

Can I use a eVoucher to purchase one or more AAdmirals Day Passes? Or towards buying a Preferred Seat?

Thanks!

JP

gv111 Jan 12, 2015 5:19 am

Originally Posted by jpsantopinto (Post 24148985)
Sorry If this has already been asked, but I havenīt been able to find it in FT or other forums:

Can I use a eVoucher to purchase one or more AAdmirals Day Passes? Or towards buying a Preferred Seat?

Thanks!

JP

Go to AA.com where u can find answer to this yourself.

todd-r Jan 12, 2015 8:00 am

Originally Posted by jpsantopinto (Post 24148985)

The Wiki at the top of the page has all the details:

What can I use the vouchers on?

Airfare on American Airlines/Eagle/Connection, codeshares, and oneworld itineraries where AA is the international/"governing" carrier.

500-mile domestic upgrade stickers (at the airport only).

Co-payments for upgrades or reduced mileage awards.

Excess baggage fees.
Special handling fees (e.g., checked pets), with a traveling passenger (i.e., not cargo).

Change fees, provided an additional collection of the fare is also being made.

There are special considerations if you are located in the following countries:

In the UK, Belgium, Germany and France, vouchers are accepted for Net fares.
In Switzerland, vouchers are accepted on Q and L class Net fares only.

In Ireland, vouchers are accepted in Q, O and L class Net fares only.

Can I use the vouchers for ANYTHING else?

No.

tom911 Jan 12, 2015 10:49 am

Originally Posted by gv111 (Post 24149028)
Go to AA.com where u can find answer to this yourself.

The AA website is not always user friendly. Perhaps you could post the link to the page where the information can be found when you send someone off there.

Sharon McGuigan Jan 25, 2015 7:25 am

AA Transportation voucher - Taxes/Surcharges waived?

Apologies for posting a new question but can't find an answer after hours of searching.

I have a $1000 voucher and hope to book an American Airlines flight.

I hear that there is often confusion regarding tax exemption and wonder if anyone knows definitively which taxes/ surcharges - specifically the carrier-imposed surcharge, are waived?

I think I know how to use the voucher but as it will involve speaking to an operator, I want to be confident about how much I will actually pay before making the call.

Thanks in advance.

ljgoldman Jan 30, 2015 2:26 pm

How to Use a Paper Voucher that Expires on 2/17?

New here, so bear with me if this has been asked a million times. I've got two paper AA vouuchers, each $500 (total $1000), that are set to expire 2/17/15. We just can't travel before then. What can I do with these? Any way to extend the travel dates? If so, to when? How do I do that?

I spoke with an AA travel agent yesterday who told me I had to FLY by the expiration date, but others are telling me I just need to BOOK the tix by the expiration date—that I can fly after.

Any help would be so appreciated. We'd really like to take a family vacation, but can't swing it right now...

Thanks.

mmgm Jan 30, 2015 5:41 pm

You only need to purchase a ticket before the expiration date. If you can't do that purchase the cheapest one way fare you can find and you will get another voucher for the remainder good for another year.