Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Closing door and mobile devices

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2017, 10:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Amb Elite & LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
FWIW, as an avid work on my computer as long as possible person (just waiting until the announcement in the past), the AA FA have been much more relaxed on people's devices of all sorts.

It used to be they'd make the announcement and then overly aggressive FA's would bark at me as I'm actually in the process of turning off my computer.

For the last year they've been much nicer and sensing the change I've been startled when we've actually pulled away from the gate.

Maybe just me, but they've become more kinder and gentler with their enforcement.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 8:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
I'm a bit of a rebel, and I don't typically turn off or put my phone in airplane mode until we begin our take off roll. I'm discrete about it (no calls just texting or browsing). On days like Super Bowl Sunday, you bet I'll have my phone on until the last minute. I hate for anything to deprive me of experiencing the pleasure of following the Falcons collapse in real time.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by jordyn
Oh, I didn't understand OP correctly and they meant while taxiing after landing.

However, I don't think the policy as posted by CPRich actually allows this.
It specifically says, and I even bolded it:

Enjoy increased productivity and talk time... after landing as you taxi to the gate
so I don't know how you come to that conclusion.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 9:08 am

Programs: AA EXP; AC 100K
Originally Posted by dat4life
I hate for anything to deprive me of experiencing the pleasure of following the Falcons collapse in real time.
Yes! Who dat
Old Feb 7, 2017, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by CPRich
It specifically says, and I even bolded it:

so I don't know how you come to that conclusion.
Because that's not what the actual text of the requirements right below says (in which the device must be in airplane mode during taxi).
Old Feb 7, 2017, 10:14 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by jordyn
Because that's not what the actual text of the requirements right below says (in which the device must be in airplane mode during taxi).
The wording is ambiguous and could be interpreted either way. But in practice, devices are explicitly allowed to be operated in normal, non-airplane mode when taxiing to the gate after landing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.