Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, etc. (2020-2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2017, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
• Saturday evenings, AA loads schedules and runs batch processes. This means some scheduled flights might go missing, or your account may show all zeroes, sometimes well into Sunday. It will all come back.

• If the website doesn't work try the app, or vice versa.

• aa.com troubles? Check by using aktchi's recommended way: http://isup.me- or http://www.isitdown.us, http://www.doj.me
If it is just you, try: reload the page, empty your cache, delete one or more cookies, quit and restart the browser, shut down and reboot the computer.
LRD shared: (maybe)... it's a bad cookie. I use the "Remove Cookie for Site" extension. This adds a menu item to your mouse right-click that clears the cookies for just the domain you are viewing. Works ...for example, clearing Citi cookies before submitting a second, same-day AA credit-card application.

Drunkmuppet: Go to book flights->advanced->clearhistory.

azsharonc: How to resolve the 400 errors in Chrome
1. clear you recent search history on the advanced search page
2. you can delete aa.com cookies by left clicking on American Airlines Inc in the address field
Select Cookies from the list
from the list of cookies, expand the caret for aa.com or www.aa.com
click on cookies then click remove.
• "Flight / Fare selected no longer available; please modify your request" common booking error

• For Web-related issues, including web-displayed fares issues, call American Airlines Web Services PhonesUnited Kingdom: 0207-365-0777 Mon - Fri 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. GMT; Sat - Sun 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Servicios Web de AA.com en Español U.S. or Canada 1-800-222-2377, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily

All Other Locations 1-918-832-1384, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily
• Get AA.com to remember your account number and password? serfty recommends, for personal devices ONLY: Greasemonkey with the "Allow Password Remembering".

N.B. Older posts have been archived to: 2016 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)AA Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, etc. (2020-2023)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2022, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Yes it's annoying that AA's online/in app options crap out frequently. Calling or Tweeting are many times your only options to get reaccommodated in situations like this.

Once he was rebooked to a connecting itinerary, he was then caught by AA's rule that you can only standby/SDC on the same routing. So a one-stop through SDF can't become a non-stop or even a one-stop through CLT instead. Again a failure of AA's rules.
Antarius, SamirD and chicago747 like this.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 9:46 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
This is decidedly a HUCA game. Today's travel waiver let the AAngel I got on the line reroute me from a connecting BOS-JFK-SFO (with the second segment an in-app-upgrade to business) to BOS-SFO, B6 633 in Mint. Incredible service from AA but it did take a 3 hour callback. The app didn't really let me do much of anything despite the waiver.

Now the real hurdle will be trying to collect ORC from Alaska to get EQMs after the fact, but that's not a today problem.
SamirD likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 5:39 pm

Programs: Once a somebody now a nobody
Originally Posted by JetAirways77W
This is decidedly a HUCA game. Today's travel waiver let the AAngel I got on the line reroute me from a connecting BOS-JFK-SFO (with the second segment an in-app-upgrade to business) to BOS-SFO, B6 633 in Mint. Incredible service from AA but it did take a 3 hour callback. The app didn't really let me do much of anything despite the waiver.

Now the real hurdle will be trying to collect ORC from Alaska to get EQMs after the fact, but that's not a today problem.
100% agree with HUCA. The issue is getting thru. I'm a bond trader so was up at 4am cst and saw the cancellation pretty much real time. We're both only gold...him plat in another 5k LP. I jumped on phone and chat at 405am. Chat picked up after 30m but most everything was gone. I found multiple better options here or there....but I had disconnected already and the app is borderline useless.

He tried several AC agents and they absolutely didn't care. The type where you ask them for a flight, they say no availability, you show them EF, then they magically find it because it just became available. He's traveled with me enough to know some employees just suck. But it shouldn't be that hard. My 405am phone call, which I had in my earbuds, was a answered 728am. 3+ hours. I had to hang up as the NFP report came out 60 seconds later...and when I called back it was 3h.

If a seasoned traveller who catches a cxld flight before everyone is awake...and still can't get a good re-accommodation...what hope does a normal person have.

Partner just landed at ORD at 636pm. Could be worse...and would have been if we weren't proactive. But moral of my long rant is AA needs to fix their f'n app. We should be able to help ourselves during IRROPs.

My partner's at 50k loyalty points with 15k pending and says he's switching to UA...because the app is better. Anyone who plays both sides have any thoughts on the UA app vs AA during IRROPS?
SamirD likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 6:25 pm

Programs: AA-EXP
Originally Posted by chicago747
My partner's at 50k loyalty points with 15k pending and says he's switching to UA...because the app is better. Anyone who plays both sides have any thoughts on the UA app vs AA during IRROPS?
Right now as an EXP the IRROPS are becoming worse and worse on AA . I don't see how any other airline could be treating their customers worse than AA at this point, and that includes the ultra-low carriers.
Antarius and SamirD like this.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 7:44 am

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by Uzzar
Right now as an EXP the IRROPS are becoming worse and worse on AA . I don't see how any other airline could be treating their customers worse than AA at this point, and that includes the ultra-low carriers.
AA is no longer an airline. It's a credit card mill that prospects for applicants by flying planes.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by EXP100
AA is no longer an airline. It's a credit card mill that prospects for applicants by flying planes.
Its telling that their eshopping portal is much faster and easier to use than their app and website.
SamirD likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by JetAirways77W
This is decidedly a HUCA game.
Unfortunately nowadays it's HUWA (hang up wait again)
wrp96, Antarius and SamirD like this.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 11:39 am
Suspended

If you are rerouted to or via another airport, you cannot go standby for the original itinerary unless you want to cancel the rerouted one.

Apply online for a refund for the downgrade. It’s usually a refund of about $30.

Been there.
SamirD likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by enviroian
Unfortunately nowadays it's HUWA (hang up wait again)
Annoyingly, it seems that Alaska doesn't have access to priority lines for AA. The first thing I tried was calling the Alaska MVP Gold line (picked up in <10 mins) and asked them to connect me to AA, as some on this forum advise those with other Oneworld status but that redirect timed out as they were only given the main line and no priority.

To make matters worse, even the AA priority lines don't help. I tried using my dad's (AA Plat) phone to call in and I was quoted the same hold time as when I called in from my phone without AA status.
SamirD likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by chicago747
Chat picked up after 30m but most everything was gone. I found multiple better options here or there....but I had disconnected already and the app is borderline useless.

He tried several AC agents and they absolutely didn't care. The type where you ask them for a flight, they say no availability, you show them EF, then they magically find it because it just became available.
Exactly my experience. I got lucky with the person I got on the phone after 2x chat encounters and 1x phone in the previous 12 hours, but even still I had to tell her I found Mint avail on EF and only then was she able to rebook me. She seemed to be trying but not finding anything before I told her about the JBU routing.
SamirD likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 6:47 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
There’s some weird scenario in which seats on a flight are available for sale in the GDS or AA.com, but aren’t available to agents for rebooking for irrops. Never been able to figure it out. Maybe oversale vs. actual?
SamirD likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 12:37 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
App login not working today

Can’t login into the app. Keeps saying incorrect password. Changed the password. Can’t log8n with the new password on the app but the website login works fine.

What does one do in this case? I’m on that app a lot.
SamirD likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 3:20 pm

App login not working

I am also unable to login via the IOS app-- it says the password is wrong. The same password works via the website. I tried changing the password via the website but am still locked out of the app.
asnovici and SamirD like this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 4:05 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Originally Posted by murphyj321
I am also unable to login via the IOS app-- it says the password is wrong. The same password works via the website. I tried changing the password via the website but am still locked out of the app.
First post since joining in 2015! Welcome!

Same exact experience. Twitted to them and they said they are aware and login later. Meaning no time frame for the fix from IT.
Antarius and SamirD like this.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Booking a ticket for someone else weirdness

I frequently book tickets for family members and friends while logged into my account. Here's a glitch that I've been experiencing recently (happened on 3 separate occasions):

1. I select an itinerary.
2. I edit the pax information since it's pre-populated with my information.
3. I try to continue but get a bunch of red text and error messages.
4. I see that the lap child section has opened up and is now populated with my name and information!!!
5. I need to delete all the information from the lap child section before I can continue.

Has anyone else experienced this strangeness?
SamirD likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.