Wiki Posts
Search

Schedule change advice

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2016, 7:38 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Schedule change advice

I'm flying SNA-ORD-PEK and I had my Global Entry interview scheduled during my ORD layover. I had about 3 hours. However, schedule changed pushed my SNA-ORD later and now only have 90 mins and I land after my scheduled appointment, nothing later avaiable. No earlier SNA-ORD flights available. First, they said I could go a day earlier but would have to pay my own hotel. Finally I said sure, i really need to do this interview. So they put me on hold then say they would have to charge me a fare difference because it's an illegal connection (is that even true? it's less than 24 hours on an international itinerary). So I'm just anoyed and frustrated.

advice?
Old Nov 6, 2016, 10:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM; LH FT (*A Silver); Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite; Starwood Corporate Preferred
HUCA. It isn't an illegal connection. As long as you take the last flight out from SNA to overnight it is a valid connection. I've done it numerous times to connect to a single-day international flight.

That being said, being this is a schedule change may open up some different idiosyncrasies. But I have done it several times.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by AAExpDFW
HUCA. It isn't an illegal connection. As long as you take the last flight out from SNA to overnight it is a valid connection. I've done it numerous times to connect to a single-day international flight.
You don't even have to take the last flight from SNA. You can take any flight as long as the connection is 24 hrs. or less.

Agree, HUACA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.