Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide to Admirals Club Food / Snack & Beverage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2016, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DenverBrian
The Consolidated Admirals Club Food and Beverage thread
Including F&B policies, offerings, etc.
For 2016 onward, we have combined the "State of the Soup" and "Drink and Spirits" threads into one F&B thread.

NOTE: Link to Flagship Dining

Food policy and offerings

New offerings in certain locations:
  • Fresh, made-to-order guacamole
  • Premium coffee, espresso & lattes
Morning:
  • Hard-boiled eggs & spice bar
  • Oatmeal, cereal & spices
  • Assorted fruit & yogurt
  • Bagels & breakfast breads
Afternoon:
  • Hearty soups
  • Fresh & healthy grain salads
  • Vegetables, hummus & cheese
  • Cookies & brownies
All hours:
Fruit, snack mix,
Food for sale
Guacamole made to order (as of July 15, 2016)

Some clubs now feature a complimentary made-to-order guacamole bar in the afternoons.

Ingredients from which to chose:
  • avocado
  • tomatoes
  • onions
  • jalapeño or serrano (location-dependent)
  • lime
  • garlic
  • cilantro
  • salsa (at some locations)
  • corn salsa
  • salt and pepper
Status per club:
  • ATL - not available [current as of December 28, 2016]
  • BOS - (started 9 Dec 2016)
  • CLT B - not available
  • CLT C/D - hours 4pm-7pm Mon-Fri, Sat-Sun ???
  • DCA (Pier B) - hours 4pm-7pm Wed-Fri ONLY (confirmed 12-19-2017)
  • DCA (Pier C) - hours 4pm-7pm Mon-Fri, 1pm-4pm Sun (not available Sat per new signage 9/15/17)
  • DEN - not available
  • DFW B - hours Mon-Sat 3pm-6pm
  • DFW C - hours Mon-Sun 4pm-7pm
  • DFW D - hours Mon-Sun 4pm-7pm
  • JFK C - (observed multiple occasions)
  • LAX (observed 08 Dec 2016)
  • LGA - (observed March 2017) - hours unknown
  • MIA D30 - (observed 10 Jan 2017)
  • ORD G - (observed 19 Dec 2016)
  • PHL B/C - (observed 27 Dec 2016, 1 Jan 2017 until about 6pm)
  • PHX - (observed 10 Dec 2016)
  • RDU - not available
  • SFO - (observed 4 January 2017)
  • STL - not available
Updated by scottmlew
Beverage policy and offerings
  • Complimentary juices, soft drinks
    • Complimentary "lower shelf" alcoholic beverages
      • Complimentary premium drinks (chits): oneworld elites or in F, J on qualifying flights
        • For sale: "top shelf" alcoholic beverages, bottles of water to Admirals Club members
"House drinks" (lower shelf alcoholic and soft drinks, juices) are complimentary.

Premium drinks (including bottled water, handled by issuing bar chits) are:
  • complimentary for those with status or class of cabin that allows oneworld lounge access (see oneworld lounge access rules - link), or
    • available for sale for Admirals Club members and others accessing Admirals Clubs but not in the above categories.
See Admirals Club Treasure Hunt (drink chit / chits / coupons, etc.) master thread 2016+

Link to archived Admirals Club Dinks and Spirits thread

Link to archived "State of the Soup" thread

Updated 27 Jan 2027 - JDiver
Print Wikipost

Guide to Admirals Club Food / Snack & Beverage

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2019, 11:24 am

Programs: American AAdvantage EXP, World of Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Rewards Titanium, MGM Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by joepercussion1
Grilled chicken salad bar today at DCA.
  • Avocado
  • Roasted Corn and Black Beans
  • Grilled Chicken
  • Pico de Gallo
  • Cheese
  • Red Bell Peppers
  • Hummus
  • Cucumber
  • Salad Mix
  • Pita Chips
Same also at BNA. Seems like using many of the guacamole ingredients for this, along with some others.

I approve of this!
Old Sep 25, 2019, 12:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
is the chicken decent quality or is that faux strips with grill marks like in the SkyClubs?
Old Sep 25, 2019, 12:48 pm

Programs: American AAdvantage EXP, World of Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Rewards Titanium, MGM Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
is the chicken decent quality or is that faux strips with grill marks like in the SkyClubs?
DCA appeared to be using a very cheap chicken (HW Foods it seemed). The corn and black beans were good though (pretty sure it was Roastworks). The chicken here was definitely pre-cooked, probably thawed and cut.

BNA had higher quality, seasoned grilled chicken, but plain corn and black bean blend.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
The case of two different bagels

I rarely eat breakfast and even rarer eat such at an AC. That being said I was at DFW A this morning at 5:30. The "bagels" were so thin and tasteless they looked like melba toast off a 1979 Big Boy's menu. I took a few bites and threw it away. The total width of the bagel was less than a half inch.

Three hours later I was at the CLT AC. They only had blueberry bagels but they were fluffy, thick and delicious.

Apparently bagels are sourced by different vendors across locations. That being said keep a lookout for those thin "bagels" at DFW A.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
I like both OK, but I am looking forward to when Lobster Bisque makes the rotation..
I wonder if that "lobster" is made with "Krab"

My two favorite soups are the chicken tortilla and the mushroom gouda. YUMMMMMM.
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
If comparable quality, I’d prefer thin bagels 1000:1
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 3:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Yesterday at LGA, they also had a "chef" walking around with pre-made avocado toast. Why can't LGA have an official avocado toast station. The "chef" had put literally all the fixings on it including salmon and I don't eat fish so had to decline the offer. The new bagels at LGA also sound very similar to the post about DFW-A's bagels above. I miss LGA's prior onion bagels :/
Old Sep 25, 2019, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beachfan
If comparable quality, I’d prefer thin bagels 1000:1
But they weren’t comparable quality. The DFW bagel was dry and tasteless. Literally.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 3:58 pm

Programs: US CP, UA *G; SPG Plat, Hilton Gold; Natl Exec, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Yesterday at LGA, they also had a "chef" walking around with pre-made avocado toast. Why can't LGA have an official avocado toast station. The "chef" had put literally all the fixings on it including salmon and I don't eat fish so had to decline the offer.
Huh, about 3 weeks ago the chef was handing pre-made guacamole and chips at LGA (late afternoon). I just assumed there was an official station and they were trying to get rid of the extras. It stood out to me as weird that they put the corn and cheese on the side, since it's not easy to pick up corn or cheese with a chip. But now that you mention your diet, it makes me suspect they thought about vegans who wouldn't want the cheese in guacamole. (Although as a non-vegan, corn and cheese don't belong in guacamole anyway!)
Old Sep 25, 2019, 6:23 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Build your own Mediterranean salad bar in IAH AC which was not here about 2 weeks ago when I was previously. Cubed ham, feta, egg and variety of veggies in addition to the usual chili.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 3:59 pm
Suspended

same old stuff at ORD-H/K.....nothing special being put out like in these smaller clubs. At least they got rid of the McDonalds style packets of ranch dressing and have a classier looking pour container.
AAway likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 5:04 pm
Suspended

I’m now at the ORD-L club in that semi-hidden area directly to the right of check-in.....where are the power outlets? Am I missing something? I checked the floor things and they’re just crammed with candy wrappers and no real outlets.

Also only one soup offered here and it’s the worse of the two that H/K has.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 5:56 am

Egg Tacos Bar at DFW - C today
  • Scrambled eggs
  • Flour Tortilla
  • Salsa
  • Shredded Cheese
  • Roasted Corn and Black Bean Medley
  • Bacon

Also saw chopped apples mixed with fruit, granola, the usual yogurt choices, and oatmeal. The bread box no longer has sweet breads (just bagels, sourdough, and English muffins). Hard boiled eggs are also not present.

Overall, I like this change!
Old Sep 28, 2019, 6:30 am

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
no hard boiled eggs? Bummer. Those things keep me on my diet - south beach or low carb. On the other hand, we needed some new items
AJ
Old Sep 28, 2019, 11:02 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Admirals Club member
Originally Posted by safari ari
Build your own Mediterranean salad bar in IAH AC which was not here about 2 weeks ago when I was previously. Cubed ham, feta, egg and variety of veggies in addition to the usual chili.
Saw this in Denver as well this week. Balsamic dressing. The ham seemed out of place. I appreciate the effort

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.