Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Awful flight attendant, starts shouting at my girlfriend for a blanket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Awful flight attendant, starts shouting at my girlfriend for a blanket

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2016, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA Peon Gold
Next time you should scream at them for their name and record them while you do it so you can blast AA on social media.

No, but, seriously, I feel bad for you. Report it to AA if you have his name. Might get a few compensatory miles out of it.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 3:52 pm

Programs: AA-CK, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
since when did "Cesar" start working transatlantic?!

sorry for the inside joke.....couldn't help myself
Not to hijack the thread - but does he really still work for AA as a FA??!!! I'm still in disbelief after my last encounter with him all those years ago.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 5:14 pm

Programs: AA lt gold, HH Diamond, marriott pl
O

Originally Posted by enviroian
When can we the passenger voice our concern to the pilot fearing our safety because of the flight attendants behavior and ask for him to be removed??
Ha , have to ask the same question as my daughter and a friend were recently removed from a LAS flt because the flt attendant told the captain they had liquor in their glasses,...it was cucumber water with mint...no if ands or butts two of the three were removed the third was not allowed to get off...after a letter to AA they said the captain agreed with their removal...they never saw the captain!
Old Jun 26, 2016, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by satman40
People produce heat, so they do lower the tempature,

I would rather fee a chill that be sweating,

They have to fill the plane, and get it out on time..it is a tough job..

.''showtime...

I am not happy all the time, but they take pretty good care of me..I have a few million miles on AA.
The issue is not whether the passenger is cold or not...the issue is the rude FA. If a blanket (which is supposed to be there--it's not like they were asking for pajamas in coach) is asked for it should be delivered or it should be promised to be delivered once done boarding or whenever. And all this should be done without any lip ("are you listening to me?") from the FA. If a FA is that nasty before the plane even takes off, God help those passengers for the next 10 hours.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
The blankets and pillows may not have been put out earlier as there are Y passengers who think nothing of grabbing them on their way to their seats.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
The blankets and pillows may not have been put out earlier as there are Y passengers who think nothing of grabbing them on their way to their seats.
It really doesn't matter why they weren't there or why the OP's girlfriend wanted one. The FA should have either granted the request or said they would get one when done boarding....without the attitude.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 7:18 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by corky
It really doesn't matter why they weren't there or why the OP's girlfriend wanted one. The FA should have either granted the request or said they would get one when done boarding....without the attitude.
^
Old Jun 26, 2016, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by corky
I don't think anyone is disputing that. My comment was narrowly concerning the statement in post 34 "supposed to be there".

One more time - trying to understand why inappropriate behavior took place does not mean you condone the inappropriate behavior.

Last edited by Non-NonRev; Jun 26, 2016 at 7:46 pm
Old Jun 26, 2016, 8:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by SAN_Finn
I feel for you.

I was actually having a pretty good year so far but yesterdays DFW-HKG flight put my expectations on AA back to their place. The service (in F) was so comically bad that I will not think twice about spending a little more to be on CX or JL for my transpacificflights. It all started with a very stern announcement about the flights attendants being there "primarily" for passenger safety and went all downhill from there...
Funny you mention DFW-HKG, one of the biggest mixed bags in the AA network by far. I've had some truly excellent crews on 137/138, but it seems like some of the worst FAs in the system get this flight with regularity. I've seen the most nastiness toward pax on this route by far.

Not too long ago, I boarded to the sound of an FA shouting (yes, shouting) "read the menu or I'll give you a choice" to J pax as I made my way back to Y. The crew in Y spoke to pax like they were misbehaving children on the playground (everyone sitting around me was a primary English speaker, too). The EXP in the row ahead of me was scolded for not having his BP out as proof--luckily I took note and got mine out in time, sparing myself a tongue-lashing. Midflight, I made the mistake of going to the galley to ask for a beer and was shouted at to "GET OUT."

Last time I got SWU'd to J, my meal order was requested sharply ("chicken, fish, beef, or pasta") and acknowledged with an impressive sigh. Service was even worse for the pax who were not primary English speakers. Then one FA would intentionally be overly obnoxious about seatbelt checks when pax were sleeping, even to the ones wearing them on the outside of their blankets (aka me). Then the FA would go and laugh about it in the galley with her colleagues.

For every DFW-HKG flight that I have a wonderful crew on (plenty of FAs, espcially those who are on 137/138 for the first time, are excited to be on the flight), I have a terrible one. This flight gets a disproportionate share of the bad apples. Astonishing how JL FAs can circumvent the language barrier without shouting at passengers.

Last edited by brewdog11; Jun 26, 2016 at 8:30 pm
Old Jun 26, 2016, 11:45 pm

Programs: CX (elite) and a few others (non-elite)
Originally Posted by ysolde
Oh, yes. I have shared this on an LH thread, but I think it was one of the first times we were flying LH back from FRA, in C. My husband asked the FA for a refill on his Diet Coke (sorry . . . Coca Light ), and she replied, "No, no. We have finished the drinks service. We are doing the meal service now." Or something to that effect. My husband said, "But it's just a Diet Coke," and she gave him a LOOK. The kind your mother gives you when you are about to be sent to your room without dinner. So he quietly awaited his mediocre lunch. And whispered to me, "I don't know if Helga over there was getting ready to spank me, but she looked like she might enjoy it. " Drinks service. Then meal service. Then you will all sleep, or Helga will begin administering the spankings.
Hahaha!! Sounds like the Pam Ann spoof: You vill sit here, you vill sit here. You vill do up ze seatbelt viz VUN CLICK!
Old Jun 27, 2016, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by IanFromHKG
Hahaha!! Sounds like the Pam Ann spoof: You vill sit here, you vill sit here. You vill do up ze seatbelt viz VUN CLICK!
YES! And, of course, Pam Ann is right: On LH, your luggage arrives at FRA before you get off the plane. Meanwhile, on AA, you play Priority tag roulette: your luggage may be first, your luggage may be last. Kind of like on board: your FAs may be wonderful, or they may yell at you.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 12:07 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Anybody notice THIS?

Originally Posted by DrHalxx
(Original post)

He returned after a while with blankets and pillows for everyone though.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by Dallas49er
Anybody notice THIS?
So we should be just grateful the FA fulfilled the basic, reasonable request by the passenger, and take the rudeness and yelling without complaint?
Old Jun 27, 2016, 12:27 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Originally Posted by akcae
So we should be just grateful the FA fulfilled the basic, reasonable request by the passenger, and take the rudeness and yelling without complaint?
Yes. Grateful (and surprised on AA) fullfilled a basic request.

Take the rudeness and yelling? Depends on how rude (subject to interpretation).

And "take" "yelling"? Again, subject to interpretation, perception, and self perception (or lack thereof) of DYKWIAness to others.

Donning asbestos suit
Old Jun 27, 2016, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by brewdog11
Funny you mention DFW-HKG, one of the biggest mixed bags in the AA network by far. I've had some truly excellent crews on 137/138, but it seems like some of the worst FAs in the system get this flight with regularity. I've seen the most nastiness toward pax on this route by far.

Not too long ago, I boarded to the sound of an FA shouting (yes, shouting) "read the menu or I'll give you a choice" to J pax as I made my way back to Y. The crew in Y spoke to pax like they were misbehaving children on the playground (everyone sitting around me was a primary English speaker, too). The EXP in the row ahead of me was scolded for not having his BP out as proof--luckily I took note and got mine out in time, sparing myself a tongue-lashing. Midflight, I made the mistake of going to the galley to ask for a beer and was shouted at to "GET OUT."

Last time I got SWU'd to J, my meal order was requested sharply ("chicken, fish, beef, or pasta") and acknowledged with an impressive sigh. Service was even worse for the pax who were not primary English speakers. Then one FA would intentionally be overly obnoxious about seatbelt checks when pax were sleeping, even to the ones wearing them on the outside of their blankets (aka me). Then the FA would go and laugh about it in the galley with her colleagues.

For every DFW-HKG flight that I have a wonderful crew on (plenty of FAs, espcially those who are on 137/138 for the first time, are excited to be on the flight), I have a terrible one. This flight gets a disproportionate share of the bad apples. Astonishing how JL FAs can circumvent the language barrier without shouting at passengers.
Going further off topic, how about the "Premium dining" at DFW? It is amazing how the worlds largest airline can have something that feels like its setup by a high school summer trainee. If AA doesn't have the resources to get out of DFW to see how a proper lounge should be setup at least they could go down 20 gates and walk in the the Amex lounge for a little lesson...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.