FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Awful flight attendant, starts shouting at my girlfriend for a blanket (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1774082-awful-flight-attendant-starts-shouting-my-girlfriend-blanket.html)

DrHalxx Jun 23, 2016 3:23 pm

Awful flight attendant, starts shouting at my girlfriend for a blanket

I was flying JFK-LHR last night on AA104 in MCE (as OW Sapphire but this is NOT the point, (edited) )
Redeye flight, no blankets or pillows available. We very politely turned to the flight attendant doing the pre-flight checks to ask for a blanket and a pillow.

His answer:

-"There should be one in each seat."
- Yes but there isn't, do you mind bringing us one?
- Someone should have taken it.
- Ok, but please can you bring us one?

FA starts shouting:

"ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME? THERE IS ONLY ONE PER SEAT. SOMEONE ELSE SHOULD HAVE TAKEN IT" (repeated a few times)

We were shocked. Really shocked from how rude and loud he was. I haven't even experienced this in a greek rural bus. Didn't really expect from an FA to start shouting

He returned after a while with blankets and pillows for everyone though.

AANYC1981 Jun 23, 2016 3:35 pm

since when did "Cesar" start working transatlantic?! :D:rolleyes::td:

sorry for the inside joke.....couldn't help myself :)

QueenOfCoach Jun 23, 2016 3:39 pm

Did He Know Who You Were?

DrHalxx Jun 23, 2016 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach (Post 26821938)
Did He Know Who You Were?

That's obviously not the point, I'm not trying to turn this to a DYKWIA. Never had this attitude. :D <3. I've probably been spoiled by the brits and their "politeness"

enviroian Jun 23, 2016 4:13 pm

When can we the passenger voice our concern to the pilot fearing our safety because of the flight attendants behavior and ask for him to be removed??

JDiver Jun 23, 2016 4:25 pm

If you have the details available, consider passing the information on to the AA Twitter team.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...aster-thd.html

JDiver Jun 23, 2016 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by enviroian (Post 26822075)
When can we the passenger voice our concern to the pilot fearing our safety because of the flight attendants behavior and ask for him to be removed??

Sure you can. Just ask the flight attendant to pass your request on to the pilot...

MiamiAirport Formerly NY George Jun 23, 2016 4:27 pm

Unfortunately not everyone is cut out to be a FA. I think most FA get to the point they love the lifestyle but hate the paxs so anything beyond the basics throws them into a tizzy. In an ordinary work setting these kind of employees wouldn't last. However, the air travel industry is unique in the fact crew are unmonitored and not managed. Therefore, really bad employees get to keep their jobs.

Non-NonRev Jun 23, 2016 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge (Post 26822121)
Unfortunately not everyone is cut out to be a FA. I think most FA get to the point they love the lifestyle but hate the paxs so anything beyond the basics throws them into a tizzy. In an ordinary work setting these kind of employees wouldn't last. However, the air travel industry is unique in the fact crew are unmonitored and not managed. Therefore, really bad employees get to keep their jobs.

And a cursory reading reveals what probably happened (conjecture):

This FA is probably one of those people who does his job tasks in a very prescribed order (not saying it is right or wrong). The second request obviously set him off; he seems one of those people who just couldn't easily articulate that he had not forgotten your first request.

I work with a person like that (although not as bad); he has set ways and sequences and becomes flummoxed when asked to deviate.

cmd320 Jun 23, 2016 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by Non-NonRev (Post 26822303)

This FA is probably one of those people who does his job tasks in a very prescribed order (not saying it is right or wrong). The second request obviously set him off; he seems one of those people who just couldn't easily articulate that he had not forgotten your first request.

I work with a person like that (although not as bad); he has set ways and sequences and becomes flummoxed when asked to deviate.

Does this make it acceptable?

JonNYC Jun 23, 2016 6:29 pm

I think that's a pretty good encapsulation.

satman40 Jun 23, 2016 8:20 pm

You could have looked for one, on an empty seat, he may have been busy with other things at the time..

A blanket is something one can do with out, or wait on..

Was this before departure, during boarding,,

I am not above grabbing one..their is one on every seat..

akcae Jun 23, 2016 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by JonNYC (Post 26822564)
I think that's a pretty good encapsulation.

Still not an excuse for rudeness and deplorable treatment of customers.

pewpew Jun 23, 2016 9:22 pm

Did anyone else read the title as "awful girlfriend, starts shouting at FA for blanket"? :D

Non-NonRev Jun 23, 2016 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by akcae (Post 26823058)
Still not an excuse for rudeness and deplorable treatment of customers.

akcae, with due respect, I made it very clear that I was NOT making a judgment as to the (in)appropriateness of the FA's actions.

Like I told someone in a different thread, when you serve on a jury in a criminal matter, it is appropriate to try to understand the motivation of the defandant. This effort in no way implies that the criminal deed is being condoned.

Please re-read my post if there is any doubt in your mind.

Thank you.