Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2018 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2018 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2018, 2:13 pm

Flew from CDG to ORD a few weeks ago. Meal choices in coach were Alfredo & mushroom pasta, Shepherd's Pie. Side items were the typical small salad, cold bread roll, crumble cake, and Laughing Cow cheese wedge.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
EZE-JFK in J on the 77W and I see FIVE choices. I've never seen that chicken stew dish before on an AA menu. BTW does anyone know how to more easily transfer the menu options from AA.com to this site from a MAC? It's a very tedious copy and paste process.
  • Panko Crusted Beef Filet for EZE to JFK
    creamy polenta, roasted pumpkin, cherry tomatoes, parsley oil
  • Roasted Leg of Lamb selected for EZE to JFK
    roasted potatoes, ratatouille, mint cream sauce
  • Galinhada selected for EZE to JFK (I had to look this up and it's a Brazilian chicken stew dish)
    pumpkin rice, roasted asparagus
  • Pan-seared Sea Bass for EZE to JFK
    pesto potatoes, braised fennel, mango-oregano butter
  • Roasted Zucchini Risotto for EZE to JFK
    lemongrass, coconut milk, carrot and zucchini noodles
Panko crusted beef filet? That sure seems odd...
Old Jan 6, 2018, 6:09 pm

Programs: AA XP, BA G, AS 100K, Hyatt G
Originally Posted by nanaflyer
I ate a massive bowl of curry in sakura lounge.

Must do at every visit! 😊
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
This got moved from a thread about AA90 (daytime flight to LHR).

"On board this flight right now in business class. Some things that I noticed: no nuts with aperitif, starters are really weak (yogurt parfait). It probably depends upon the crew, but don't expect them to stock wine on the cart (despite the menu). Meals are quite minimal in quantity (the beef hash has maybe three small inch-sized pieces of beef among six bites of eggs). It's a snack-sized portion, if that (and almost no protein). I wish there were more traditional lunch meals as some of the options."

Last edited by SkyTeam777; Jan 10, 2018 at 9:13 am
Old Jan 9, 2018, 10:00 am

Programs: DL GM, AA PLAT, Hilton Gold, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
On board this flight right now, in businesses class.
#beware of overly vague meal reviews.
”This flight?” Really?
Old Jan 9, 2018, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by YtravelF
”This flight?” Really?
Well he is a spy from SkyTeam
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:39 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond; AA EXP / 2MM Lifetime Platnum; Hyatt Diamond
HKG to LAX F Pre Selection

Meal selection choices for HKG to LAX in F later this month
Old Jan 10, 2018, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by nanaflyer

Meal selection choices for HKG to LAX in F later this month
The beef is hit or miss but on our flight home from PEK, hubby got the Beef and it was cooked perfectly.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by YtravelF
”This flight?” Really?
This got moved here from a different thread. It was about AA#90 and part of that thread.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 3:07 pm

Has anyone tried any of these lunch entrees? These are my options on an upcoming MAD-JFK flight.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 4:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Hello from Buenos Aires!

JFK-EZE
LAA 77W
Dinner/Breakfast
PDB of bubbles, water, OJ and refills offered (BTW only one revenue FC seat was taken.....rest were all non-revs per someone I know with insight that I was texting with).

Had the tamarind beef filet which was good and pretty interesting as a sauce for beef.....no complaints. Everything served on the tray at the same time given the late departure.

I love this route because you actually have enough time to eat or watch a show and then properly sleep before the breakfast service.

Really nice FA crew too!

Happy to report that the mid cabin J galley was FULLY stocked with wraps, sandwiches, snacks, water, silverware roll ups etc. I had a beef wrap mid flight which was actually really good. Minor issue with galley noise right behind my seat, but that bathroom behind 4J is very spacious (just like the 737MAX LOL).
dciolli likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 5:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
This got moved from a thread about AA90 (daytime flight to LHR).

"On board this flight right now in business class. Some things that I noticed: no nuts with aperitif, starters are really weak (yogurt parfait). It probably depends upon the crew, but don't expect them to stock wine on the cart (despite the menu). Meals are quite minimal in quantity (the beef hash has maybe three small inch-sized pieces of beef among six bites of eggs). It's a snack-sized portion, if that (and almost no protein). I wish there were more traditional lunch meals as some of the options."
On AA90 (the morning ORD-LHR flight), the nuts are normally not served until the pre-arrival meal. Same with the wine on the carts (most people don't want wine with their breakfast entree), although I've never had any issues getting Champagne with the breakfast service. The meals never seem to change much on the daytime eastbound transatlantics, but I've always found the food to be plentiful for what amounts to little more than a seven hour daytime flight. In my experience, by the time the first meal service concludes, you're normally somewhere over Nova Scotia and only about 3 hours away from the pre-arrival meal service beginning.

BTW - SkyTeam777 - your FlightMemory map is beyond impressive.

-FlyerBeek
Old Jan 13, 2018, 6:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1k, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, X Elite+
Anyone else having issues with pre-order links not showing up for JFK flights at the end of the month? I’ve got several and wondering if I’m the issue or aa.com
Old Jan 16, 2018, 11:24 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
EZE-JFK
77W
Dinner / Breakfast
Standard Int'l PDB, with multiple refills offered of bubbles

Menu

Main dish (all served at once due to late timing of the flight). I had the Galinha (or whatever it's called) which is a chicken stew of sorts from what I could find on Google searches.

Breakfast (bread pudding, but was really just like a slice of a veggie frittata)
Old Jan 16, 2018, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by MillenniumFlyer

Has anyone tried any of these lunch entrees? These are my options on an upcoming MAD-JFK flight.
I've had the Monkfish- it was actually really good. I've got the same menu on upcoming FRA-CLT and I've preordered the strip steak. My travel mate ordered the truffle ravioli. Curious to see how these other items stack up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.