Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

SWU giveaway (strictly freely given - no quid pro quo)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 16, 2016, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

Members who do not read and follow these rules will have their posts summarily deleted.

Please familiarize yourself with these ground rules. Posts that do not conform to these rules will be summarily removed (without notice to the poster).

AA: "Upgrades are void if sold or advertised for sale for cash or other considerations. Members may designate another passenger to use their upgrades."

• Asking for SWU passes is not permitted! Donors will post here, and members are welcome to communicate via PM from there. If you don't see an open request, don't ask for one.

• In order to comply with AAdvantage T&C, SWU must given freely, with no strings attached. Requests for money, trading for SWU with different expiry or another airline’s instruments, or any other consideration, whether in the clear or via PM, are not allowed.

• Out of respect of our generous donors, please follow their instructions and contact them with the information they request.

• Donors can ultimately make the choice of recipient (tenured/contributive member, longer flight itineraries, international vs. domestic, etc.).

• Recipients are solely and entirely responsible for the payment of any fees or taxes associated with the use of a gifted SWU (e.g. United Kingdom Air Passenger Duty).

• This thread is NOT for the discussion of ethics, entitlement, or nomination of charities/groups as recipients. (Donating instruments for use in charity auctions or as prizes is prohibited by AAdvantage T&C.)

• If anybody offers to sell, buy, barter or trade SWU by PM, please contact the moderators immediately, as this is a violation of AAdvantage and FlyerTalk rules. Appropriate disciplinary action will be taken.

For obsolete posts, please see ARCHIVE: SWU giveaway (strictly freely given - no quid pro quo) (link).

Thanks everyone!

~AAdvantage forum moderators[/COLOR]
Print Wikipost

SWU giveaway (strictly freely given - no quid pro quo)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2018, 7:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, AS MVP, TK Gold, Bonvoy Titatium
Originally Posted by lky001
SWU giveaway (strictly freely given - no quid pro quo) Last Minute give away with the 4 SWU I'm not going to use before they expire in 1/31/2018.

Conditions:

1. Upgrade must be for Y->J. International sectors will get priority and J->F requests will be ignored;

2. You preferred to be a FT member with at least 50 posts;

3. You must provide by PM the following details: PNR, full name(s), itinerary, contact info and proof the upgrade is available (EF screenshots or similar);

4. All upgraded flights must depart before 1/31/2018 when the SWU expires;

5. You are responsible for the taxes (if any) in the upgraded cabin;
3 SWU left
Old Jan 26, 2018, 1:36 pm

Programs: American Airlines
2 available expiring 1/31. Ideally you're traveling internationally and don't suck as person. Shoot me a DM with the normal details as in posts above and we'll see what we can do.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 10:05 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat (LT Gold), SPG Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, National Executive Elite
I have one left as well. Open to those who have availability (I am sorry I do not have the time to check for you). Send me the details via PM. Preference given to those moving to J from Y international but transcon works as well.

Claimed. I am sorry to those I was not able to assist.

Last edited by ChurchofTee; Jan 27, 2018 at 1:11 pm Reason: Claimed
Old Jan 27, 2018, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Plat, A3 Gold
3 expiring SWUs valid for travel until 1/31. DM me if you would like them.

01/28 update: All SWUs are spoken for.

Last edited by DLinYUL; Jan 28, 2018 at 7:55 am
Old Jan 27, 2018, 4:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP 75k, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
I just realized I have 2 SWU's expiring 1/31 as well. DM me with details if you are interested!
Old Jan 27, 2018, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP 75k, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
One SWU used, one still available!
Old Jan 27, 2018, 9:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP/Delta Skymiles Diamond/ SPG Lifetime Platinum/Ritz Platinum Elite/Hyatt Globalist
I have 3 SWU's left,,,,, i same rules apply above but at the end of the day i just want them to get used and not wasted.... i started the year with 12 and also elite on Delta so i can only do so much with what i had..... lmk if anyone can make use of them while they are available.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 10:09 am

1 SWU to give away. PM with info.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by USMikey
I have 3 SWU's left,,,,, i same rules apply above but at the end of the day i just want them to get used and not wasted.... i started the year with 12 and also elite on Delta so i can only do so much with what i had..... lmk if anyone can make use of them while they are available.

Not sure why you think they are wasted if not used. The seat will not go out empty, someone will get upgraded into it.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 5:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold
I have one SWU to give away, expires 1/31. Like others have noted, please make sure there is C inventory to use on a route that is before midnight on 1/31

Send me a message if interested.

Last edited by falco269; Jan 30, 2018 at 1:54 pm
Old Jan 29, 2018, 3:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Have 1 extra SWU expires 1/31. Please make sure the C inventory is available. DM me if you have more than 50 posts on FT.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 4:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT, AS MVP Gold
I still have 2 SWU left expiring 1/31, if someone have last minute use for those. Prefer to give for active FT member, preferably available C inventory on long haul.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 5:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AS MVP, TK Gold, Bonvoy Titatium
[QUOTE=lky001;29342030]

1 SWU left
Old Jan 30, 2018, 7:58 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat 2 mil miler, SkyMiles basic, Mileage Plus basic
I KNOW this is last minute, but I tried to find long haul flights to no avail...I have one SWU to give away, expires 1/31. Like others have noted, please make sure there is C inventory to use on a long haul route.--PM me if you are able to use--RP
Old Jan 30, 2018, 10:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by thois
I still have 2 SWU left expiring 1/31, if someone have last minute use for those. Prefer to give for active FT member, preferably available C inventory on long haul.
Still at least 1 last minute SWU left. When requesting it please send at least PNR and name to be able to apply the upgrade. Flight must depart today or tomorrow, do not bother to send requests for later dates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.