Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2016 Chances of Upgrade Clearing and Availability (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2016 Chances of Upgrade Clearing and Availability (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2016, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by thekidvintage
CLT-ATL is the weird one: 12 F seat capacity and not one of them is taken....... I am the only one seated in exit-row (no Elites at all on this plane?). How have I not gotten the upgrade at this point (less than 24hrs before dep)?
That's like a 200 mile flight. What possible difference does it make if the upgrade clears at 100hrs, 24hrs, 4hrs or at the gate?
Old Dec 30, 2016, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat - Northwest/Delta Million Miler
Originally Posted by bse118
That's like a 200 mile flight. What possible difference does it make if the upgrade clears at 100hrs, 24hrs, 4hrs or at the gate?
It's the principle.......

The point is that AA is quick to boast of a 100-hour window for ExPlat upgrades on a "capacity-controlled" "space-available" basis.

On flights where 12 out of 12 F seats are EMPTY within 24 hrs of departure and ExPlats have not been upgraded.......it seems like AA is not attempting to honor their 100-hour window policy. And that is a problem for me.

AA should not offer a benefit to entice loyalty....... and then completely ignore the promise they made to their most loyal customers AFTER collecting the $$$.

Last edited by thekidvintage; Dec 30, 2016 at 4:12 pm Reason: Spelling Error
Old Dec 30, 2016, 5:02 pm

Programs: Alaska FF
Originally Posted by thekidvintage
It's the principle.......

[...] AA should not offer a benefit to entice loyalty....... and then completely ignore the promise they made to their most loyal customers AFTER collecting the $$$.
It also the principle of thing for AA.

That why in 2016 AA wants more money from its most loyal customers.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 5:21 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat - Northwest/Delta Million Miler
Originally Posted by LDVFlyer
It also the principle of thing for AA.

That why in 2016 AA wants more money from its most loyal customers.
I get the "more money" goal for AA.

Why don't they just move ALL upgrades to the gate and let the chips fall where they may. I could live with that.

All I am looking for is a little "truth-in-advertising". And consistency.

Dont brag about a 100-hour window and then turn around and ignore that policy oftentimes.

Either do it or dont.......... dont do it just when you feel like it or when your "algorithms" permit you to.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 7:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1k, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, X Elite+
I waitlisted SWUs for 3 of us (2 EXP + Plat) on ORD-PVG for early January. Loads are mixed when but there's almost no one in the main cabin. 8 empty J seats and EF has been bouncing around inconsistently.

When I called to purchase and add SWU I was told by the agent there were a lot of EXP ahead of me and I won't know til I get to the airport. It was quite the odd convo.

Here's hoping they all clear. Still have 1 SWU to use afterwards.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 9:23 am

A question about the auto-requested 500 miles upgrades. I plan to fly to Toronto and noticed that the flights are listed on google flights as operated by "Republic Airlines as American Eagle" or "Envoy Air as American Eagle" or "Trans States as American Eagle". Do these count as AA marketed and operated flights?
Old Dec 31, 2016, 9:30 am

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by tphuang
A question about the auto-requested 500 miles upgradesz. I plan to fly to Toronto and noticed that the flights are listed on google flights as operated by "Republic Airlines as American Eagle" or "Envoy Air as American Eagle" or "Trans States as American Eagle". Do these count as AA marketed and operated flights?
Yes.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 9:30 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Please follow the discussion in the new 2017 thread here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

Thanks. /Moderator

Last edited by JY1024; Dec 31, 2016 at 10:07 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.