Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Boeing 787-8 / 788 w/ J20, Premium Economy / PE / PEY Discussion (refit completed)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2015, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
The early 2019 787-8 retrofit standardizes 788 seating at C20, W28, Y186 (of which 42 are MCE)

AA begins selling Premium Economy tickets as if 1 May (if not before) on the 787-8.

787-8 Current Status as of 24 April April 2019: NO J28 788s left in service, refit completed.:

Refitting took two weeks per airframe, and two were in the shop at Paine Field at any one time. N800AN was the test article / prototype (PAE Sep 2018), N816AA was the last (returned to service 24 Apr 2019).

here[/u] for fairly current listings.

All Boeing 787-8 have Premium Economy as of 24 April 2019.
All Boeing 787-9 have Premium Economy “out of the box”.

The Rockwell Collins MiQ seat has been selected. This is also the domestic (newly renamed) Business seat in narrowbodies, with added drop down footpegs (foot and leg rest in bulkhead rows), seatback IFE, non-moveable head rests.

Link to AA Premium Economy page.
Print Wikipost

Boeing 787-8 / 788 w/ J20, Premium Economy / PE / PEY Discussion (refit completed)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2019, 4:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by flightrisk
Late reply about espresso...

On my TPAC 789 flights, the FA's told me AA doesn't cater the the TPAC flights for espresso (except HKG). Despite the machine being installed, no cups or pods were on board. I assume she meant Asia destinations, NRT/HND, ICN, PEK, PVG and not SYD, AKL.
Wow, I guess there is more demand for tea. I always try to fly JAL tpac and they have it. Thanks for the info.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 9:58 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Trying to get better info on PE legroom in the bulkhead. I hate regular bulkheads because I can't stretch my feet under the seat, I'm 6'2, would it be better to take a seat further back in PE or does row 6 PE of the bulkhead have enough space to stretch out? How does the legroom compare to domestic F bulkhead, would be a good measuring stick.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 10:04 pm

Does anyone know how PE seat selection works on the Dreamliner flights used for domestic travel? Looking to book PHL>ORD March 22 which shows a 788. If I book into main cabin with no status how much does AA charge for the PE seats? I know it’s extra just not sure how much
Old Feb 9, 2020, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by AlexanderK
Does anyone know how PE seat selection works on the Dreamliner flights used for domestic travel? Looking to book PHL>ORD March 22 which shows a 788. If I book into main cabin with no status how much does AA charge for the PE seats? I know it’s extra just not sure how much
it’s dynamic pricing but it will definitely be more than regularCE seat. my friend was flying ORD SFO on 789 over Christmas break and regular MCE was around 70 and PE seats were 110. I’m sure it can be cheaper
Old Feb 9, 2020, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by safari ari
Trying to get better info on PE legroom in the bulkhead. I hate regular bulkheads because I can't stretch my feet under the seat, I'm 6'2, would it be better to take a seat further back in PE or does row 6 PE of the bulkhead have enough space to stretch out? How does the legroom compare to domestic F bulkhead, would be a good measuring stick.
There is more legroom in the bulkhead. Additionally the bulkhead rows are the only ones with a full legrest (although it doesn't go all the way up).

Take the time to do a quick scroll through this thread, there are pics of row 6 above. Additionally try a Google Image search for "AA 787 Premium Econony" for lots of pics as well.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
There is more legroom in the bulkhead. Additionally the bulkhead rows are the only ones with a full legrest (although it doesn't go all the way up).

Take the time to do a quick scroll through this thread, there are pics of row 6 above. Additionally try a Google Image search for "AA 787 Premium Econony" for lots of pics as well.
Is the conventional wisdom thus that Row 6 is the preferred seat if available, given the full legrest and more space/pitch? The other PE seats just have a foot bar, correct?
Old Feb 13, 2020, 3:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
Is the conventional wisdom thus that Row 6 is the preferred seat if available, given the full legrest and more space/pitch? The other PE seats just have a foot bar, correct?
Yep. There's even enough pitch that, as long as your seatmate is of normal size, you can leave the window seat without them having to get up.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 4:25 pm

The first of the new 787-8 order will soon be delivered. When will we know what J seat AA will put on this plane?
Old Feb 23, 2020, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by werDrD
The first of the new 787-8 order will soon be delivered. When will we know what J seat AA will put on this plane?
should be same seat as 789
Old Feb 23, 2020, 4:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by werDrD
Slightly improved Super Diamond:
What are the newest aircraft that AA is currently taking delivery of?
Old Jun 8, 2020, 11:33 pm

Programs: AA EP, MUCCI, Proudly BA Blue,.
Originally Posted by Mordac
Yep. There's even enough pitch that, as long as your seatmate is of normal size, you can leave the window seat without them having to get up.
do the middle three Seats have just as much legroom as the window pairs in the bulkhead row?
Old Jun 9, 2020, 2:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by matinicus rock
do the middle three Seats have just as much legroom as the window pairs in the bulkhead row?
I didn't seat on them, but from what I recall they did.
matinicus rock likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 7:04 pm

Middle bulkhead or aisle seat?

I just booked in PE on the 787-9 from PHL-LIS and am really hoping to get some sleep on this flight. There are only a few seats left - which do you think is better, the middle bulkhead seat (6E) or the back row middle-aísle (9D)?
Old Mar 29, 2022, 2:24 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by cbogs
I just booked in PE on the 787-9 from PHL-LIS and am really hoping to get some sleep on this flight. There are only a few seats left - which do you think is better, the middle bulkhead seat (6E) or the back row middle-aísle (9D)?
No one is going to climb over you in the middle seat and the bulkhead row has more legroom and better leg rests than the rest of the PE cabin.

cbogs likes this.
Old May 4, 2022, 9:03 pm

Middle seat premium economy

Has anyone ever sat in the middle seat of premium economy (non-bulkhead)? How was your experience? I have a 6.5 hour flight (PHL-LIS) tomorrow and all that’s available is middle seat. I get up a lot which is why I usually chose isle bulkhead, however my flight today was cancelled and all they have tomorrow is middle seat. (787-8).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.