FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Boeing 787-8 / 788 w/ J20, Premium Economy / PE / PEY Discussion (refit completed) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1730252-boeing-787-8-788-w-j20-premium-economy-pe-pey-discussion-refit-completed.html)

Centurion Apr 11, 2019 9:09 pm

Boeing 787-8 / 788 w/ J20, Premium Economy / PE / PEY Discussion (refit completed)

I am traveling the 787-8 on a domestic USA route and I have a choice of aisle bulkhead in main cabin extra or middle seat in premium economy. What is the better seat? If you pull this flight up on seat guru they have two aircraft and it was swapped out for the version that has fewer flat bed seats. https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Am...ng_787-8_A.php

ChurchofTee Apr 11, 2019 9:16 pm

No doubt, PE. No shared arm rest, bigger recline, wider seat, it is no comparison. Even middle in PE is much more comfortable.

flyertalker54234 Apr 12, 2019 3:43 pm

Question. In the new 20 J layout on 788, does anyone know if the two restrooms that are between Business and Economy are allocated to Business, to Premium Economy or if one side is one and the other side is the other? I cannot believe they are both economy as that would leave 20 Business Class passengers per Restrroom and 14 Premium Economy Passengers per restroom. Anyone know, please? Doing LHR-ORD on Wednesday DV.....

gateH15 Apr 12, 2019 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by rjlon (Post 30994173)
Question. In the new 20 J layout on 788, does anyone know if the two restrooms that are between Business and Economy are allocated to Business, to Premium Economy or if one side is one and the other side is the other? I cannot believe they are both economy as that would leave 20 Business Class passengers per Restrroom and 14 Premium Economy Passengers per restroom. Anyone know, please? DOind LHR-)RD on Wednesday DV.....

Bathrooms between J and W on 789 are shared between business class and PE passengers. I assume 788 will be the same. Correct me if I’m wrong.
There is no curtain between J and PE.

Antarius Apr 12, 2019 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by gateH15 (Post 30994200)
Bathrooms between J and W on 789 are shared between business class and PE passengers. I assume 788 will be the same. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Minor nit, but there is a curtain. It is rarely opened, however.

gateH15 Apr 12, 2019 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by Antarius (Post 30994272)
Minor nit, but there is a curtain. It is rarely opened, however.

interesting. I did not see that. I saw the curtain between PE and Y that was closed during my flight.
Where is the curtain between J and PE? Is it right behind last row of business class or is it right in front of PE ?

flyertalker54234 Apr 13, 2019 3:57 am

Will take a look on Wednesday and let you know.

flightrisk Apr 13, 2019 4:06 am

The curtain is after the last row in J. On my flight it was drawn sometime after dinner service, leaving only the one front lav easily accessible in J. Seemed kind of odd.

FlightNurse Apr 13, 2019 10:05 am

Originally Posted by gateH15 (Post 30994200)

There is on he A332's

gateH15 Apr 13, 2019 10:27 am

Originally Posted by flightrisk (Post 30995539)
The curtain is after the last row in J. On my flight it was drawn sometime after dinner service, leaving only the one front lav easily accessible in J. Seemed kind of odd.

You can still go to the lavs behind business class, even if there is a curtain. I doubt FAs will say anything.
Plus it’s allowed to use the bathroom in any cabin on all domestic flights and flights from the US.

flyertalker54234 Apr 13, 2019 10:29 am

They should divide them with diagonal curtains as they do on 77W.

Antarius Apr 13, 2019 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by gateH15 (Post 30994277)
interesting. I did not see that. I saw the curtain between PE and Y that was closed during my flight.
Where is the curtain between J and PE? Is it right behind last row of business class or is it right in front of PE ?

Behind the last row of on the interior side. It was tied up the whole flight.

FlightNurse Apr 13, 2019 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by gateH15 (Post 30996273)

You can still go to the lavs behind business class, even if there is a curtain. I doubt FAs will say anything.
Plus it’s allowed to use the bathroom in any cabin on all domestic flights and flights from the US.

Just regretful the FA's don't do what Austrian does on intra European flights, the FC FA, will leave the service cart at the end of J cabin, and they use a real curtain, on my last flight someone walked into the cart, the FA never apologized she just stated they needed to use the restroom in main cabin.

gateH15 Apr 13, 2019 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by FlightNurse (Post 30997266)
Just regretful the FA's don't do what Austrian does on intra European flights, the FC FA, will leave the service cart at the end of J cabin, and they use a real curtain, on my last flight someone walked into the cart, the FA never apologized she just stated they needed to use the restroom in main cabin.

it’s not up to FAs on American to decode that. It’s AA policy to allow all passengers to use any lav they prefer on all domestic flights and flights from the US. I don’t really have an option one way or another. It’s just whatever.
Plus one to the real curtain tho.

flyertalker54234 Apr 14, 2019 3:39 am

I have seen many Coach pax told to use the coach bathrooms when they try to access the forward bathrooms on A321 and 752 flights between LAX and Hawaii.
I don’t think people using a bathroom is the issue though, it is the lines and the fact that in coach people tend to congregate by the bathrooms as there is so little space in the seats.