Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Will my First ticket admit me to AA's lounges in LAX and CLT?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2015, 9:53 am
Original Poster

We are flying to Florida for a cruise in March First Class on American--LAX to FLL via Charlotte each way. Used AAdvantage miles and this was the best deal we could get for our dates.

This will be the first time in 30 years we have gone First Class on American.
When we've traveled First or Business class on Lufthansa, we've availed ourselves of the comfortable First Class Lufthansa airport lounge at LAX while waiting for our plane.

Question: What does AA have that we are eligible for at LAX, Charlotte and FLL? Food? Drink? Etc.?

Thanks...
Old Oct 29, 2015, 10:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

After this thread finds its way to the AA forum, you will get more replies, but the short of it is that you won't get lounge access unless you buy day passes. There are passable restaurants in all three airports though.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 10:02 am

Exactly! You must buy a day pass or have the proper credit card (not Amex anymore). Domestic first is not eligible for free lounge access.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 10:11 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
No lounge access for "non-oceanic" first class with the following exceptions:
LAX-MIA
LAX-JFK
SFO-JFK

There is also an exception for MEX (Mexico City) that is not relevant here.

If you find a better timing on the nonstop LAX-MIA, you will get Admirals Club access at both ends for business or 2-class first. If you buy 3-class first on the once daily flight that offers it, you receive Flagship Lounge access in LAX (and I believe also the E-concourse premium/ BA lounge in MIA).
Old Oct 29, 2015, 11:01 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Bruin Steve
Question: What does AA have that we are eligible for at LAX, Charlotte and FLL? Food? Drink? Etc.?
Basically nothing, and buying a day pass would be a complete waste of money. The CLT lounge is ok but nothing to spend money on.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 11:12 am

If fll wasn't so close (ie REALLY convenient) to the cruise terminal, I'd advise the OP to shoot for a nonstop to Miami, even if lounge access wasn't part of the deal.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 11:50 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The OP might have lounge access via credit cards, such as a Priority Pass membership from the AmEx Plat/Centurion charge cards.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 11:56 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Presuming that OP doesn't have any extraneous memberships (as he would presumably have advised of those if he did), I would not book travel around any domestic lounge.

I would look at price & convenience first and then, if that happens to include a flight with lounge access, so much the better. But, none of the domestic lounges will include anything remotely approaching an international F lounge on a non-US carrier.

Even with included lounge access, you might well choose to eat at a restaurant.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 2:37 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
As this is specific to AA, please follow the thread as it moves to that forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.