FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Will my First ticket admit me to AA's lounges in LAX and CLT? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1720320-will-my-first-ticket-admit-me-aas-lounges-lax-clt.html)

Bruin Steve Oct 29, 2015 9:53 am

Will my First ticket admit me to AA's lounges in LAX and CLT?

We are flying to Florida for a cruise in March First Class on American--LAX to FLL via Charlotte each way. Used AAdvantage miles and this was the best deal we could get for our dates.

This will be the first time in 30 years we have gone First Class on American.
When we've traveled First or Business class on Lufthansa, we've availed ourselves of the comfortable First Class Lufthansa airport lounge at LAX while waiting for our plane.

Question: What does AA have that we are eligible for at LAX, Charlotte and FLL? Food? Drink? Etc.?

Thanks...

moondog Oct 29, 2015 10:00 am

After this thread finds its way to the AA forum, you will get more replies, but the short of it is that you won't get lounge access unless you buy day passes. There are passable restaurants in all three airports though.

Linda VH Oct 29, 2015 10:02 am

Exactly! You must buy a day pass or have the proper credit card (not Amex anymore). Domestic first is not eligible for free lounge access.

fastflyer Oct 29, 2015 10:11 am

No lounge access for "non-oceanic" first class with the following exceptions:
LAX-MIA
LAX-JFK
SFO-JFK

There is also an exception for MEX (Mexico City) that is not relevant here.

If you find a better timing on the nonstop LAX-MIA, you will get Admirals Club access at both ends for business or 2-class first. If you buy 3-class first on the once daily flight that offers it, you receive Flagship Lounge access in LAX (and I believe also the E-concourse premium/ BA lounge in MIA).

LondonElite Oct 29, 2015 11:01 am

Originally Posted by Bruin Steve (Post 25633387)
Question: What does AA have that we are eligible for at LAX, Charlotte and FLL? Food? Drink? Etc.?

Basically nothing, and buying a day pass would be a complete waste of money. The CLT lounge is ok but nothing to spend money on.

moondog Oct 29, 2015 11:12 am

If fll wasn't so close (ie REALLY convenient) to the cruise terminal, I'd advise the OP to shoot for a nonstop to Miami, even if lounge access wasn't part of the deal.

MSPeconomist Oct 29, 2015 11:50 am

The OP might have lounge access via credit cards, such as a Priority Pass membership from the AmEx Plat/Centurion charge cards.

Often1 Oct 29, 2015 11:56 am

Presuming that OP doesn't have any extraneous memberships (as he would presumably have advised of those if he did), I would not book travel around any domestic lounge.

I would look at price & convenience first and then, if that happens to include a flight with lounge access, so much the better. But, none of the domestic lounges will include anything remotely approaching an international F lounge on a non-US carrier.

Even with included lounge access, you might well choose to eat at a restaurant.

Ocn Vw 1K Oct 29, 2015 2:37 pm

As this is specific to AA, please follow the thread as it moves to that forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.