FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   GUIDE: LAX / Los Angeles International Airport - MCT, Connection, etc. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1703113-guide-lax-los-angeles-international-airport-mct-connection-etc.html)

SFO777 Sep 23, 2018 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by teemuflyer (Post 30236198)
Unless there is checked baggage involved, of course.. AA will not check it though on separate PNRs.

Originally Posted by A651346 (Post 30234746)
... I will only have carry on for my 2 PNRs,

teemuflyer Sep 23, 2018 12:57 pm

Just trying to provide general information for anyone else..

Pilot37 Oct 2, 2018 3:07 am

Hi

Curious if anybody has insight on the likely arrival procedure of an American Eagle flight into LAX next month from Mexico. I am presuming they would route those flights into T4 rather than the Eagle’s Nest?
There is mention above of immigration clearance at T4 but bag pick-up from TBIT - is that still the case?

In keeping with normal AA timetable changes, my 4hr lay-over connecting to BA’s last LHR flight on a separate PNR has dropped to 2hrs 15mins - trying to decide is it too tight!

Pilot37

SeattleDavid Oct 2, 2018 11:02 am

Just guessing, but I think a remote stand and a bus to TBIT is the most likely scenario. 2 hours should be fine I would think (depending on your immigration status, Global Entry, etc etc)

TWA884 Oct 2, 2018 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by SeattleDavid (Post 30270597)
Just guessing, but I think a remote stand and a bus to TBIT is the most likely scenario. 2 hours should be fine I would think (depending on your immigration status, Global Entry, etc etc)

A couple of times when arriving on flights from MEX at a domestic AA gate at LAX, we deplaned from the rear of the plane and were bused to TBIT for immigration and customs processing.

x1234 Nov 17, 2018 11:07 am

Where is gate 343 @ LAX?

I'm picking someone up on AA180 from Beijing and aa.com says it arrives @ gate 343. What terminal is gate 343 at?

dantheflyingman Nov 17, 2018 11:12 am

343 is one of the AA maintenance hanger hardstands. You should just go to the TBIT, anyway, as that is where they will clear US Customs and Immigration.

TheSkyGuy Nov 17, 2018 8:59 pm

Remote stand :td:

NavSTL Nov 17, 2018 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by TheSkyGuy (Post 30440957)
Remote stand :td:

Eh, these are atrocious for departure but frankly not bad for arrival. Gotta deal with the ramp thingy, but I kinda like that the bus drops you right at CBP. Saves a lot of walking.

rasheed Nov 20, 2018 11:11 am

Remote stand is no fun, but so is arriving at T4 and being told CBP is making us walk to TBIT for immigration. This includes walking past T4 CBP with other flights inside and taking a route at LAX as if I was a TMNT character.

flightrisk Nov 20, 2018 5:43 pm

Similar question. My domestic flight is landing at gate 342. Where are we going to get dropped off?

catcher1 Nov 20, 2018 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by flightrisk (Post 30450731)
Similar question. My domestic flight is landing at gate 342. Where are we going to get dropped off?

In the middle of nowhere. You'll be bussed to a terminal and the bus drivers can be bossy and disagreeable. I disagree with those who like these remote gates--I think they're a pain in the a--.

redtop43 Nov 20, 2018 9:01 pm

I don't know what flights you're on, but I take AA726 PHL-LAX regularly, and it parks at one of those remote "gates" and you have to go down the ramp to get to a bus. I dislike them greatly, especially when I have a close connection, but I like the A332 they fly on that route way more than enough to make up for it. (Lie-flats for the F price and premium economy for the MCE price.)

SeattleDavid Nov 20, 2018 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by dantheflyingman (Post 30439602)
343 is one of the AA maintenance hanger hardstands. You should just go to the TBIT, anyway, as that is where they will clear US Customs and Immigration.

I landed at a remote gate last week (from LHR) and we were bussed to TBIT, but then had the long walk to T4 where we cleared customs and immigration.

deeruck Nov 21, 2018 8:38 am

Originally Posted by SeattleDavid (Post 30451373)
I landed at a remote gate last week (from LHR) and we were bussed to TBIT, but then had the long walk to T4 where we cleared customs and immigration.

:rolleyes: Now I've heard everything.

For those in the know, is it possible to use TBIT in this situation if you don't have bags to collect?