Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Charging Platinum for exit row [on US]?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2015, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
As of October, with "One system. One code." AA policies will prevail.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...d-end-oct.html
Thanks for the info. That's great news.

saunders111
Old Jun 27, 2015, 9:29 am
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
I just confronted this for the first time this week also. The real question to me is whether the US policy ends up becoming the new AA policy at some point. Clearly Parker and Co like it or it would be that way at US
Old Jun 28, 2015, 7:22 am

Programs: AA Plat, MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
I'm on a CRJ flight this afternoon (US metal) and was able to select exit rows for myself and my girlfriend (both Plats) without paying anything extra. Thankfully we got a bump to F as it's about a 2 hour flight (I'm 6'5", so I feel asdf098's pain). Have you tried calling the Plat desk to ask what the deal is?
Old Jun 28, 2015, 12:39 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by abk
I just confronted this for the first time this week also. The real question to me is whether the US policy ends up becoming the new AA policy at some point. Clearly Parker and Co like it or it would be that way at US
If they wanted that to be the unified AA policy, they could have instituted it as far back as April 8, 2014, when the Parker management team made some significant changes. But they've stated the unified policy going forward from October 2015 will be the current AA policy.

Which doesn't preclude future change, of course.

Just like they could instate a more revenue based elite status (Points based, fare based, etc.) after all, the other two USA carriers have done so, BA and IB have done so and Cathay Pacific has announced they'll overhaul Marco Polo Club to do so. Mene, mene, tekel, upharsin. Or possibly, not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.