Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Mileage Posting - Miles, Flights, EQD Post Issues & Discussion (merged threads)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 19, 2015, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
AAdvantage Mileage Posting - Miles, Flights, EQD, Post Issues & Discussion

Sometimes miles / segments / flights take longer to post in one's aa.com account.
  • AA miles may post before your flight is over
  • Partner airlines and other sources may post miles periodically, even weekly.
  • AA may run batch processes on weekends including other source miles (occasionally, accounts may appear "zeroed out" at those times).
  • Glitches may occur in posting miles.
Requests for missing miles may be entered on the aa.com webform
here
- at least 15 days after flying (requires ticket number)

For more efficient documentation of missing miles:
  • Retain your boarding passes until all miles, etc. have posted.
  • Retain a copy of your e-ticket or receipt (with ticket numbers - ticket numbers do not recycle, PNRs do)
  • Be aware of miles earning rules, particularly for one world pa enter flights operated by non-one world airlines
    See Link for math & miles Help Desk
    See Link for earning AA miles on partner airlines
Print Wikipost

Mileage Posting - Miles, Flights, EQD Post Issues & Discussion (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2015, 6:37 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by eajusa
Welcome to FT. Do you mean your earliest flight was March 29?
Thanks! Long time lurker finally decided to actually sign up for the forums.

Ops, I was off by a month in my original post. My first flight using the new AA# was on 01-Apr-2015 (on US Airways, from PHL to SFO) which has not posted to my account yet.
Old May 1, 2015, 6:57 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by belmate85
Thanks! Long time lurker finally decided to actually sign up for the forums.

Ops, I was off by a month in my original post. My first flight using the new AA# was on 01-Apr-2015 (on US Airways, from PHL to SFO) which has not posted to my account yet.
That is most unusual. I would call. If you are not on hold forever, an AA CSR can tell you if they are backed up with the transition. They might help you faster than going the route with filing a missing points claim. Please let us know what you learn. Many of us have US and or AA flights coming soon.
Old May 1, 2015, 7:25 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton Honors
It's Friday so I blame that for my incorrect post. My miles from my 01-Apr-2015 flights did post as they were originally booked using my Dividend Miles # and automatically converted to my AA#.

But my 6 segments flown on 14-16/Apr/2015 and 20,25-Apr-2015 have not posted yet.

I'll give AA customer service a call and see what they say.
Old May 3, 2015, 12:48 am

I am pretty much in the same boat with a bunch of US domestic flights on 4/13 and 4/14. I was going to give it 30 days and see if they catch up. Booked on Citi TY points (so through an agency) on US ticket stock but with my AAdvantage #. Clearly that's attached correctly since I was able to pull off an upgrade on 3 of 4 segments (enjoying the broken US Air upgrade system while it lasts...)
Old May 3, 2015, 8:52 am

Made the jump over from UA this year. JL flight on 04-18 should have put me over the top for gold. Not posted yet, filed claim today. Annoying since I have a ton of flying over next two weeks and am paying full price for MCE and probably won't get the meager 25% bonus RDM.
Old May 7, 2015, 4:30 pm

Programs: US Airways, Hilton, Marriott
Miles and Segments from USAirways flights

I logged into my account today and noticed the activity shows no USAir activity. Flew from TYS to Charlotte on US, Charlotte to ORD on US and ORD to AUS on American. The American segment was there but not the USAir. Does it normally take a bit of time or should I be calling?
Old May 7, 2015, 4:51 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
When did you fly?

Some partner flights tend to post during the weekend batch processing; until SHARES data are merged into Sabre "later this year", I suspect this may apply to your US flights.,I'd wait and see if your shiny new miles and points are reflected in your account Monday.
Old May 11, 2015, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Longer time to post miles

Has anyone else noticed that it takes longer for AA to post miles than US used to? My trip miles always posted 2 days after the flight date. Now it takes 3 (and sometimes 4) days for my flight miles to post. I am talking about US operated flights in both cases.

Not really a complaint, just an observation.
Old May 11, 2015, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
I've been noticing my US flights booked on US have been posting in 3 days.
Old May 11, 2015, 7:18 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
As this is an AAdvantage issue, I'll move to the Consolidated forum.

aztimm
Old May 11, 2015, 7:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA-ExecPlat, DL-Diamond, Hilton-Diamond, Hyatt-Diamond
My miles always post next day on AA, just like they always have. When I've been forced to fly on US metal, it can take 3 or 4 days.
Old May 11, 2015, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Memo21
My miles always post next day on AA, just like they always have. When I've been forced to fly on US metal, it can take 3 or 4 days.
+1

On a few recent trips, the miles have posted same day.
Old May 12, 2015, 6:29 am
Suspended

Programs: AA-ExecPlat, DL-Diamond, Hilton-Diamond, Hyatt-Diamond
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
+1

On a few recent trips, the miles have posted same day.
I had this happen a few weeks back when I flew out on 5:45 AM flight.

Seems people who were original AA have no problems with miles posting quickly. It seems it a USAirways thing....maybe due to the systems integration?
Old Sep 16, 2015, 11:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist -> AA Executive Platinum, BAEC Gold, Spirit Lifetime Somebody
Miles posting time on multi-city booking

Apologies if this has been answered before; I searched and couldn't find an answer.

I have a BA marketed and ticketed multi-city itinerary, some flights in which are operated by BA, others AA. The flight dates span from late 2015 through early 2016. I'm crediting to AA. Will my miles post just a few days after each segment is completed? Or will I not receive any miles until all my flights are completed in 2016?

I also have a wholly AA marketed and BA operated multi-city itinerary, ticketed by AA, for which I have the same question.

Based on my interpretation of the earning rules, the marketing/operating carriers don't matter for BA flights when crediting to AAdvantage. Is this correct?

If you've done this, let me know your experience!
Old Sep 16, 2015, 11:49 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Asiana Club Silver, Flying Blue Ivory
I've taken plenty of return flights with time in between. Theoretically it could take a few weeks, in practice: miles and segments will post in a short time after your flight segment completes, sometimes hours, sometimes days.
Any gained status usually takes slightly longer to be processed.

As for earning:
http://www.americanairlines.com/i18n...es/british.jsp

Earn miles when flying on British Airways marketed and operated flights for travel on an eligible published fare ticket. Miles are also earned on British Airways codeshare flights operated by oneworld carriers and oneworld affiliates.
So, BA codeshare flight only earns if operated by Oneworld carrier (such as AA) or affiliate.

Affiliates being: BA Cityflyer, Comair, OpenSkies, Sun-Air of Scandinavia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.