Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: New AA / US amenity kits & pajamas for int'l and transcon J and F [Feb 2015]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: New AA / US amenity kits & pajamas for int'l and transcon J and F [Feb 2015]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2015, 9:52 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by cmd320
Which transcons though? Only those between SFO/LAX-JFK?
well in the traditional AA sense that is what has been meant and three-class at that. the only outlier being LAX/MIA which is debatable given it should only be three-class service which is only on the 772 currently.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 9:52 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
According to American Way, only the transcon kits don't have the pens. Int'l should get a pen inside.
IMO, it makes sense, just as vishalgupta22 said.

On international flights, they hand out various immigration and customs forms, and the pen is useful for filling them out. On transcont, no need to fill out forms (or opportunity to fill out duty free forms).

What material is the case made of? Is it hard, or pliable?

Of the more recent AA kits, I like the Eames iPad case (though admittedly, how many iPad cases can one use?), and previously the grey shoe bags. The latter were particularly useful for suspending from the coat hook in NGBC J and keeping personal items like glasses, etc. due to the limited storage spaces in NGBC (especially the 763).
Old Feb 3, 2015, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by VSLover
well in the traditional AA sense that is what has been meant and three-class at that. the only outlier being LAX/MIA which is debatable given it should only be three-class service which is only on the 772 currently.
I figured as much. I'm flying LAX-MIA in J on the 2:45p 777 flight in a couple weeks so I guess I'll find out. In the traditional AA sense though, Transcon has meant quite a few different things. Pre-US, all transcons (not just the premium transcons) received some kind of enhanced product such as a upgraded catering and duvets rather than static felt blankets.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 10:20 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I figured as much. I'm flying LAX-MIA in J on the 2:45p 777 flight in a couple weeks so I guess I'll find out. In the traditional AA sense though, Transcon has meant quite a few different things. Pre-US, all transcons (not just the premium transcons) received some kind of enhanced product such as a upgraded catering and duvets rather than static felt blankets.
Forget the trivial; where's my sundae?
Old Feb 3, 2015, 10:27 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
All MIA-LAX flights should receive the new amenity kits.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 10:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Originally Posted by MAH4546
All MIA-LAX flights should receive the new amenity kits.
Many, if not most, MIA-LAX flights are on a 737. Unless they are red eye flights, they usually don't even have pillows in F.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA Gold Marriott Gold Choice Gold Wyndham Platinum IHG Platinum Avis President's Club Amtrak Select
Just received an email from AA regarding the new amenity kits. Sounds like a small enhancement, especially the retro amenity kits. (I want a TWA one!)

Hello Longboater,

In December 2014, we shared how we're investing over $2 billion to improve your productivity, convenience and comfort in the skies. Now, we're continuing on our journey of going for great and bringing you more throughout the year to deliver a top‑notch travel experience. Look out for these enhancements coming your way:

A fresh start

On international flights

In First Class: We're introducing a new amenity kit that includes all of the items you already love – plus, by popular demand, we're adding ScopeŽ mouthwash for a breath of fresh air. But we're not stopping there. If you're planning to catch some zzz's, we've added new pajamas and non‑skid 100% cotton terry slippers. So curl up, get comfortable and settle in for the long haul.

In Business Class: Stay refreshed in the air with a throwback to our past as we introduce new, limited‑edition heritage amenity kits. Inspired by the nine airlines that came together to build American Airlines, these collectable kits are designed in the colors of each airline's livery. Doubling as a mini tablet holder, the heritage kit includes all the premium items you've come to enjoy. Look out for the first three retro kits featuring Trans World Airlines (TWA), Piedmont and RenoAir.

On transcontinental flights

In First Class: You'll have another chance to collect our limited‑edition heritage amenity kit – the same kit you'll find in Business Class on international flights.

In Business Class: We're introducing a brand‑new amenity kit that's stocked with socks, eyeshades, a toothbrush, toothpaste and ear plugs. It's everything you need to arrive feeling refreshed and ready to go.

In all of our new amenity kits, you'll find all‑natural, boutique toiletry products from red flower, a New York‑based, eco‑friendly beauty and lifestyle brand. Plus, you'll also find the same botanical red flower products as you do on board in our Admirals ClubŽ lounges, because luxury shouldn't stop once you touch down.

Eat, drink and be connected

As we continue upgrading your experience, we've added even more complimentary food offerings in all lounges, which include a hearty selection of soups, Greek yogurt, oatmeal and new sweet and savory snacks.

And if you need to catch up on business or touch base with family and friends, log on to one of our new Dell PC workstations, coming this spring.

Another taste of Asia

On May 7, we're launching new service between Dallas/Fort Worth International (DFW) and Beijing Capital International (PEK). This will be our sixth daily flight from DFW to Asia – and the only nonstop flight connecting DFW and Beijing.

As we're expanding our footprint in Asia, we're also investing more in our onboard experience. This spring, you'll see refreshed meal selections in the premium cabins and the addition of an appetizer and a new noodle tray in the Main Cabin on all flights between the U.S. and Japan. Over the next few months, we'll continue making improvements to meals on all flights to Asia.

We're just getting started, because being the world's largest airline simply isn't enough. We're striving to be the greatest – for you.

We're going for great. Come along with us. Learn more at aa.com/goingforgreat.

Thanks for flying with us,

Fernand Fernandez
Vice President, Global Marketing
American Airlines
Old Feb 3, 2015, 12:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Breaking news: AA to include ScopeŽ in International F amenity kits!

I just received this email from AA:

Hello Andrew,
AAdvantage Number: [xxxxxxx]

In December 2014, we shared how we're investing over $2 billion to improve your productivity, convenience and comfort in the skies. Now, we're continuing on our journey of going for great and bringing you more throughout the year to deliver a top‑notch travel experience. Look out for these enhancements coming your way:

A fresh start

On international flights

In First Class: We're introducing a new amenity kit that includes all of the items you already love – plus, by popular demand, we're adding ScopeŽ mouthwash for a breath of fresh air. But we're not stopping there. If you're planning to catch some zzz's, we've added new pajamas and non‑skid 100% cotton terry slippers. So curl up, get comfortable and settle in for the long haul.
I can't believe AA didn't stop right there with the addition of ScopeŽ. With that alone I would have thrown all of my international F business to AA. But they're also tossing in the skid-free slippers! 100% cotton!

Seriously, who writes this stuff?
Old Feb 3, 2015, 12:08 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
My reference to "pens" was NOT meant to be critical, but sarcastic--I have GE so I don't have to fill out the blue customs form in any event.
In the email from aa which I just got, intl. fc, will now get Scope mouthwash; this amenity could be "bad" if you connect through LHR--sometimes the smallest irregularity can result in your carry-on being totally dismantled, so Scope left in your c/o could lead to extra security.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 12:19 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by Time traveller
Many, if not most, MIA-LAX flights are on a 737. Unless they are red eye flights, they usually don't even have pillows in F.
And?

MIA-LAX flights all get amentiy kits now. And if you don't have pillows/blankets, that's something you should write to AA about, because they all get pillows/blankets. Heck, I even get those on CLT-LAX.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA Gold (1MM), AA Gold
No kidding. When adding Scope to your amenity kit in first class is what you are bragging about, it is pretty sad. I cracked up when I read it in the email they sent me.

I may have to write in and complain - I prefer Listerine.

I hope I can collect all the "retro" kits... Makes you wonder if they aren't clearing out a warehouse.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 12:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA Advanatge
Who cars who wrote it? They are trying to add change things........for my hate for the management team, I applaud them for perhaps realizing their soft product blows as compared to what it was not even 6-months ago.

I see some mention of change and adding some things when referring to Asia flights, which accounts for 90% of my travel (extensive) so I hope this will make it worthwhile to get back to the DFW-HKG route rather on AA metal rather than JFK-HKG on CX.

Kudos to them for trying.

Cheers,
AA777
Old Feb 3, 2015, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by MAH4546
And?

MIA-LAX flights all get amentiy kits now. And if you don't have pillows/blankets, that's something you should write to AA about, because they all get pillows/blankets. Heck, I even get those on CLT-LAX.
For that matter I was two for two on pillows/blankets SFO-LAX this weekend.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm glad 2 billion dollars buys some Scope. :-)
Old Feb 3, 2015, 12:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by AA777
Kudos to them for trying.
I'm all for that. But when they treat the addition of a little bottle of mouthwash to an international F amenity kit as an event worthy of special mention, it looks rather pathetic. "Popular demand" for ScopeŽ? They're "not stopping there" with the addition of ScopeŽ? It looks almost like it could be in The Onion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.