Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator Silver and Red Cards (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2015, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ZenFlyer
AAdvantage Aviator Silver and Red Cards from BarclayCard
There are five AAdvantage-linked Aviator-branded cards by Barclaycard. Two of them can be applied for directly, the other three are upgrades or downgrades after receiving a Red card.

The Many Flavors of Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator

Where can I see information on all available Barclays Barclaycard AAdvantage cards?

Aviator Red (On AA.com)
Aviator Silver (On AA.com)
Aviator Business (On AA.com)
Aviator Red applications are available at the airport, in flight, or online at https://www.barclaycardus.com/.

Red cardholders may receive an offer to upgrade to Aviator Silver after a period of time that varies, usually 3-11 months. The offer appears in the online "Offers" section, if it is declined there may be no simple way to receive the upgrade. Be careful with your clicking! Silver benefits begin at the start of the next statement, but the increased annual fee won't hit until the next card-member year starts.

Aviator Silver Vs Red
Annual Fee: Silver $199 Red $99
Miles on AA Purchases: Silver 3x Red 2x
Miles on hotels and car rentals: Silver 2x, Red 1x
Miles on all other purchases: Silver 1x, Red 1x
Bonus Loyalty Points: Silver 5k LP after $20k/$40k/$50k Per Status Year Red None
In-Flight Food & Beverage: Silver $25 back/day Red 25% back
Wifi Credits: Silver $50/anniversary year Red $25/anniversary year
Companion Ticket: Silver 2 Companions Red 1 Companion (Minimum Anniversary-Year Spend Required for both)
PreCheck/Global Entry: Silver $100 credit Red No Credit

Card Benefit Details

FlyerTalk thread Citi & Barclaycard AAdvantage Credit Card Free Domestic Checked Bag / Baggage

Aviator Silver Bonus Loyalty Points: Bonuses are based on spend during status year, not anniversary year. When upgrading to Silver your Red spending will carry over. Five thousand Loyalty Points after spending $20k/$40k/$50k. You cannot stack multiple Silver accounts to earn this multiple times.

Companion Certificate: $20k in anniversary year spend required, issued about 45 days after you annual fee hits. Red gets one companion, Silver can have two. $99+tax for companions, round-trip 48 contiguous US States only unless you live in Alaska or Hawaii, in which case you may fly from your home state to the 48.

Print Wikipost

Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator Silver and Red Cards (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2022, 8:57 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
The Barclays phone agent told me today that the $25 f&b daily credit can also be used on f&b in the Admirals Club. That's wrong, isn't it?
Old Oct 14, 2022, 8:00 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Originally Posted by chrisny2
The Barclays phone agent told me today that the $25 f&b daily credit can also be used on f&b in the Admirals Club. That's wrong, isn't it?
That would be news to me! I was under the impression that it was on-board Food and Beverages only. A quick look at the "Card Benefits" page shares the same info - inflight only.

Additionally, I doubt Citi (who markets the Exec card with AC membership) would appreciate AA letting Barclays get their literal foot in the door of the AC system with this sort of offer.

BUT, I would be all for such a development! Since the well drinks at AC are pretty blah, getting premium drinks for essentially free would be a nice boost!
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 11:45 am

Programs: Alaska 75k
Do the wifi credits apply immediately once the charge is posted or does it take until the next statement period? My annual fee is due soon, so I wanted to see if I can still get the credit before canceling the card.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 5:14 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by burningflames
Do the wifi credits apply immediately once the charge is posted or does it take until the next statement period? My annual fee is due soon, so I wanted to see if I can still get the credit before canceling the card.
The credits should post within a few days. However, I had some Wi-Fi charges with an AA international flight with Panasonic that failed to credit. I had no issues getting the credits for Panasonic Wi-Fi within days a year ago, but this year the credits never posted. I noticed that the merchant name changed, but even though I tried to point this out as a potential issue to customer service I still had to wait a month to file a support ticket.

I'm in a similar situation where my annual fee will post toward the end of next month, so I'm pushing for the credits quickly. I am going to request a refund of the balance and then close the card before the fee posts.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 5:59 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Got this the other day:
Use your AAdvantage®Aviator® Red World Elite Mastercard® to earn an additional 5X MILES for every $1 spent on eligible Grocery Store, Drug Store, and Restaurant purchases, up to 3,500 AAdvantage®bonus miles starting today through 01/19/2023.1

Of course, my bonus miles still haven’t posted from the last one yet.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
Got this the other day:
Use your AAdvantage®Aviator® Red World Elite Mastercard® to earn an additional 5X MILES for every $1 spent on eligible Grocery Store, Drug Store, and Restaurant purchases, up to 3,500 AAdvantage®bonus miles starting today through 01/19/2023.1

Of course, my bonus miles still haven’t posted from the last one yet.
Same here (but they did say 6-8 weeks afterwards). And I wasn't expecting a new one so soon after that one ended last month. Even more weird that this promo has a 10/21 start date. Still waiting for a Silver upgrade offer, though.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 1:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Has any info been published yet about LP bonuses for the Silver card for the new year starting March 1 2023?

TPG noted that 5k bonus LP points are being offered this year upon spending $20K, $40k, and $50k, but I've not seen anything about whether that will continue or change next year. TIA.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 1:53 pm

Programs: Alaska, AA, Marriott
No.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 3:30 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by thatmikereed
No.
Sorry - I shouldn't have phrased my question to potentially result in a double-negative.
So, you're saying that F&B in the Admirals Club is credited back under the daily $25 credit?

Thanks!
Old Nov 6, 2022, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Sorry - I shouldn't have phrased my question to potentially result in a double-negative.
So, you're saying that F&B in the Admirals Club is credited back under the daily $25 credit?

Thanks!
No. F&B in the Admirals Club is not credited back under the Barclays $25 credit.
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 7:14 pm

I presume I will find out tomorrow, but got the red card about 5 months ago and had an upgrade offer to silver a couple weeks ago. I took the offer and it said I will be upgraded today. Still showing red on website, presume this will update tomorrow, but will the 15K loyalty points will post tomorrow? I am over the 50K annual spend on the red card and the 15K points will push me to ExPlat. Just not 100% on how quickly things will process.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 6:35 am

Programs: AA: Exec Plat; AC: 75K; JX: Explorer; HH: Dia; Bonvoy: Gold; Wyndham: Dia
Originally Posted by busy
... but will the 15K loyalty points will post tomorrow?
Probably not. These bonuses are usually posted in batches on the 10th of the following month. I would expect Dec 10 for your bonus.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 3:53 pm

3X Bonus 7/1-9/30 - Anyone's Bonus Posted Yet?

I have an Aviator Silver and was enrolled in a 3X bonus offer (an additional 3 miles per $1 spent on grocery store, drug store and restaurant purchases, up to 3,600 miles) from July 1 – September 30, 2022.

Yesterday made 6 weeks since the promotion ended and my statement also closed at midnight. The miles didn’t post on the statement, but the offer did say it might post 6-8 weeks after the promotion ended, so I understand it might be a couple more weeks. I was just curious if anyone enrolled in this offer has received their miles yet.

THANKS!
Old Nov 12, 2022, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by DaveH
Has any info been published yet about LP bonuses for the Silver card for the new year starting March 1 2023?

TPG noted that 5k bonus LP points are being offered this year upon spending $20K, $40k, and $50k, but I've not seen anything about whether that will continue or change next year. TIA.
If you google and go to the page for the Aviator Silver, the T&C says:

Up to 15,000 additional Loyalty Points
Starting January 1, 2022, the primary cardmember may earn additional Loyalty Points (as defined in the AAdvantage® section of aa.com) if spend thresholds detailed below are met during the status qualification period. The initial status qualification period will be extended by two months, running from January 1, 2022 through February 28, 2023. Beginning on March 1, 2023, the status qualification period will be the twelve-month period beginning on March 1, and running through the end of February of the following year. During the transition from Elite Qualifying Dollars (EQDs), Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs), and Elite Qualifying Segments (EQSs) to Loyalty Points, the spend with the Card Account during January and February 2022, will count toward both EQDs & EQMs, and Loyalty Points. The primary cardmember may earn an additional 5,000 Loyalty Points if they spend $20,000 on Net Purchases made with the Card Account with a transaction date during the status qualification period. The primary cardmember may earn an additional 5,000 Loyalty Points during the same status qualification period if they spend $40,000 on Net Purchases with the Card Account. The primary cardmember may earn an additional 5,000 Loyalty Points during the same status qualification period if they spend $50,000 on Net Purchases with the Card Account. The AAdvantage® Aviator® Silver Mastercard® primary cardmember may earn the maximum 15,000 additional Loyalty Points once during each status qualification period, even if the primary cardmember has more than one AAdvantage® Aviator® Silver Mastercard® account and met the spend threshold on each. Net Purchases made by authorized users will count toward the primary cardmember’s qualifying spend. Loyalty Points earned as a result of this benefit will be posted to the primary cardmember’s AAdvantage Account 6-8 weeks after meeting the spend requirement. Full details on AAdvantage® status qualification and Loyalty Points are located at aa.com/aadvantage This benefit may not be achievable based on the assigned credit line and ability to maintain that credit line.
It does specifically mention the 2023-2024 period.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 11:31 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, & EP 2024-25; Southwest A-List
Amazing that you got the upgrade offer after just 5 months. I've had the red card for almost 11 months, have put over $50K of spend, and I've paid my bill off in full every month, so my account is in good standing. I'm still waiting for an upgrade invite.
dickinson likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.