FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Airbus A321 (legacy US Airways A321-200) master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1545863-airbus-a321-legacy-us-airways-a321-200-master-thread.html)

makfan Jun 30, 2016 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge (Post 26849619)
Some of the LAA routes are starting to be flown by LUS 321s. Its always interesting to see F paxs start to ask what happened to the IFE.

I was looking at an LAX-SFO that came up with the LUS seat map. Should have realized when it said 321 and not 32B.

dgparent Jul 22, 2016 10:42 am

I just booked CLT-SFO a few days ago for a flight on the 31st a Sunday morning. I took a gander at AA seat map to see what my chances of a upgrade were, I thought they would be pretty good since this plane sucks and it is a Sunday morning. To my surprise there was only 1 seat left in F. I called the EXP line and used a SWU for it, got the last F seat.
I only travel domestically for work so I find it hard to use the SWU's but even still I did not want to waste one on this old plane. :)

WRCSolberg Jul 22, 2016 11:35 am

I hate to be pedantic, but a good percentage of the LUS A321s are relatively young aircraft.

I fly them a lot and I don't get the criticism. They're no worse than the 738s.

cmd320 Jul 22, 2016 11:40 am

Originally Posted by WRCSolberg (Post 26953649)
I hate to be pedantic, but a good percentage of the LUS A321s are relatively young aircraft.

Seat pitch in F is far worse, though I agree, other than that they're really no worse than the 738. Both are terrible aircraft.

ACA321 Jul 22, 2016 11:41 am

Originally Posted by WRCSolberg (Post 26953649)

^ This. There are a handful of old turkeys in the fleet in need of a cabin refresh, but for the most part they are only a few years old. I've flown on even more AA 738s that are in far worse shape.

FlightNurse Jul 22, 2016 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by dgparent (Post 26953407)
I just booked CLT-SFO a few days ago for a flight on the 31st a Sunday morning. I took a gander at AA seat map to see what my chances of a upgrade were, I thought they would be pretty good since this plane sucks and it is a Sunday morning. To my surprise there was only 1 seat left in F. I called the EXP line and used a SWU for it, got the last F seat.
I only travel domestically for work so I find it hard to use the SWU's but even still I did not want to waste one on this old plane. :)

Good waste of a SWU, the flight between CLT-SFO usually are full in F with paying pax's, since SFO and CLT are heavy banking cities.

billgrates3 Jul 23, 2016 11:04 am

Any chance that AA will put power ports, at least in F, on these LUS dogs?
(sorry for the insult, all you dog owners).

Normally, we avoid LUS a/c like the plague (we've never flown via CLT or PHL before), but Mrs. G and I are flying SFO-CLT-FCO in Spring 2017, and I'm hoping for a retrofit of some kind.
:(

WRCSolberg Jul 23, 2016 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by billgrates3 (Post 26957631)
Any chance that AA will put power ports, at least in F, on these LUS dogs?
(sorry for the insult, all you dog owners).

Normally, we avoid LUS a/c like the plague (we've never flown via CLT or PHL before), but Mrs. G and I are flying SFO-CLT-FCO in Spring 2017, and I'm hoping for a retrofit of some kind.
:(

Probably at some point, since the retrofitted LUS A319s are getting power ports.

Whether that happens before your trip or not, I tend to doubt it. As I alluded to upthread, many of the LUS A321s were delivered in the past five years or so, so a fleet wide interior retrofit is still probably a few years down the road.

zrs70 Jul 26, 2016 1:38 pm

HUGE mistake in choosing seat 22C on the A321

Dear all,

Let the buyer beware. It's my own fault for not doing research. But the side of me that believes in the good of all others got the better of me.

My husband needed to fly LAX-PHL (for the DNC). I got a good fare on AA, and I purchased Main Cabin Extra for an additional $64. I opted for seat 22C, as it was an exit row.

As a UA flyer, I just didn't know the AA system very well.

My husband just texted. Here is what he wrote:

"I literally had the very WORST seat on plane. Flight attended kept on apologizing to me and telling me how bad she felt for me. :(

Add endless lines for smelly toilet and a parades of butts directly in my face. And getting hit every minute by everyone because seat protrudes onto aisle."

Only after I got the texts did I consult with seat guru.

Would a letter to AA warrant a refund of the fee? While he had extra leg room, the seat is 3 inches narrower. Not exactly premium!

ThreeJulietTango Jul 26, 2016 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by zrs70 (Post 26971785)
Would a letter to AA warrant a refund of the fee? While he had extra leg room, the seat is 3 inches narrower. Not exactly premium!

Unlikely. AA markets Main Cabin Extra as having additional legroom and Group 1 boarding privileges, both of which he received, albeit with additional "features" that ultimately made the seat undesirable.

JDiver Jul 26, 2016 1:47 pm

Which version of the A321? The LAA (sharklets wingtip devices, power, IFE, AA i terior decor) or LUS A321(US volors and decor, standard A320 mini-winglet, no power)?

zrs70 Jul 26, 2016 1:50 pm

Goog question. Not sure. It was AA 700 this morning.

3Cforme Jul 26, 2016 2:07 pm

Well, if you figure it out, perhaps you can ask the Mods to consolidate your remarks into the respective master seating thread on AA 321s.

US Airways-origin: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...hreads-29.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

Alpha Golf Jul 26, 2016 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by 3cforme (Post 26971928)
well, if you figure it out, perhaps you can ask the mods to consolidate your remarks into the respective master seating thread on aa 321s.

n179uw, lus

oneant Jul 26, 2016 2:18 pm

Based on the OPs details of the seat, it was the LUS Airbus A321. None of the other 321s have 22 as an exit row.

@ OP:
Glad you posted this as wife & I have Vegas flights coming up on A321. Checked just now and it's on the LUS A321, so I moved our seats from 22 up toward the front of the cabin. Thank you! ;)