FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Airbus A321 (legacy US Airways A321-200) master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1545863-airbus-a321-legacy-us-airways-a321-200-master-thread.html)

Dthorne1918 Nov 16, 2016 2:01 pm

Thanks!

akcae Nov 16, 2016 3:18 pm

Yeah, these are the most pitiful effectively transcon flights between two major hubs.

AA ought to be ashamed of the A/C it runs on this route.

TSparky Nov 16, 2016 3:24 pm

No Main Cabin Extra seats other than exit row and bulkhead. I did this route for a year and it makes for a tough 5 hour flight. Beware of the back exit row seats. Row 22 are very narrow and 23 BCDE do not have much leg room even though they are exit row.

brewdog11 Nov 16, 2016 4:21 pm

The above posters have correctly covered what to expect in terms of power, entertainment, and the like.

Also, if you'd like a meal don't book the 10pm departure from CLT. All you'll get are some snacks and a cookie.

SvenB1414 Nov 16, 2016 4:23 pm

Although the airplanes are the dregs of the system, I've had great service from the FAs on this route (Seems to be a pretty premier route out of CLT).

And keep in mind, it could be worse - it could be the longer flight PHL-LAX on the same plane!

aaflyer757 Nov 16, 2016 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by lds89 (Post 27489433)
You're 100% correct, fly these CLT-LAX and CLT-SFO often

No power; no TVs (not even overhead I don't think). You can bring your own device and watch over the wifi for free.

It's a shame on a 6 hour hub to major WC city transcon they can't at least provide power esp when compared to Delta (tvs at every seat and even some lie flats in first ATL-LAX and ATL-SFO)

Free Wifi? Is that new..

ryan182 Nov 16, 2016 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by aaflyer757 (Post 27490139)
Free Wifi? Is that new..

Access to the on-board entertainment streamed to your device over wifi not full internet access

iadisgreat Nov 16, 2016 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by N578598_PLT (Post 27481559)
Hi all- I wanted to point out that here in DFW-land the cross-fleeting has taken off with a vengence:eek: With the battle of scheduling vs OPS over, one of the most frequented routes I fly, DFW-SAN has been taken over by LUS321's. 7 of the 10 round-trips per day! Only 3 flights are on LAA planes/crews. My last experience on Nov. 10 was just about the one that "broke the camel's back" only it was my back. Upgrade to 1st came through(even before arrival at the airport!) Had seat 3D- the most broken down cushions I have ever experienced. Not just the bottom-- the seat back was so bad that I could feel the beam that runs through the middle of the back on my spine the entire way. I even had the blanket folded up and it didn't even help! I was almost paralyzed from sitting. I had tried to book away from those planes, but the most recent schedule change undid my efforts. I will not fly on another one until AA refurbishes every last one.

Yea, they have decimated DCA-DFW and vice versa with LUS planes as well.

CLT Nov 16, 2016 9:26 pm

The LUS A321 actually has the most spacious Y seats on AA at the moment-32 inches. I've done several long domestic hauls in Y on these birds (longest was CLT-PDX last March where if you include taxi and flight time I was seated for 6h25m) and never had a problem, comfort wise. The refurbished A319s on the other hand...flew one the other day on CLT-DCA and couldn't wait to deplane.

Regarding CLT-LAX, it appears that a A32B will replace one A321 flight next year.

No IFE on these birds, just Wi-Fi. The first batch of A321s delivered before the HP/US merger were equipped with drop-down LCD monitors and Empower ports, both of which were deactivated in 2008. These birds still have the wall mounted LCD screens and in-seat audio controls intact, so don't be fooled when you board.

AANYC1981 Nov 16, 2016 10:01 pm

Enjoy these POS planes.

slutide Nov 17, 2016 8:05 am

Originally Posted by iadisgreat (Post 27490493)
Yea, they have decimated DCA-DFW and vice versa with LUS planes as well.

Yep, multiple DCA-DFW trips I had this month (booked specifically on 32Bs) have changed to 321s much to my chagrin.

With Delta starting to run their brand new, full AVOD and power 321s on DCA-ATL the disparity will be quite apparent.

iadisgreat Nov 17, 2016 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by slutide (Post 27492465)
Yep, multiple DCA-DFW trips I had this month (booked specifically on 32Bs) have changed to 321s much to my chagrin.

Exact same thing for me.

ajumbaje Jan 31, 2017 12:40 pm

Best exit row seats on a321-200 (old us airways plane)(to merge)

I got a ticket from CLT- west coast and am deciding between 10a/f and 23a/f. Anyone around 6'5/300 been in those seats? Any of them narrower than the other?

10a/f and 23a/f do not have seats in front of them.

I've looked over seatguru, but wanted to see if anyone here has personal recommendations

KBMIFlyer Jan 31, 2017 1:00 pm

Can't comment on 23 a/f, but I have been in both 10 a and 10f. I like 10a little better, just feels less cramped since there isn't a row in front of you (9 d,e), 10f does have unlimited legroom.

Keep in mind that there really isn't a window, so I think 10c is better than 10a. Also, there is a bit limited underseat storage under row 8 as there are crew seats and possibly a raft.

SpammersAreScum Jan 31, 2017 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by ajumbaje (Post 27845508)
I got a ticket from CLT- west coast and am deciding between 10a/f and 23a/f. Anyone around 6'5/300 been in those seats? Any of them narrower than the other?

10a/f and 23a/f do not have seats in front of them.

I've looked over seatguru, but wanted to see if anyone here has personal recommendations

You will find a lot of discussion on this <this thread>.