FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Airbus A321 (legacy US Airways A321-200) master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1545863-airbus-a321-legacy-us-airways-a321-200-master-thread.html)

zrs70 Jul 26, 2016 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by oneant (Post 26971999)
Based on the OPs details of the seat, it was the LUS Airbus A321. None of the other 321s have 22 as an exit row.

@ OP:
Glad you posted this as wife & I have Vegas flights coming up on A321. Checked just now and it's on the LUS A321, so I moved our seats from 22 up toward the front of the cabin. Thank you! ;)

Glad to be of service!!!

:)

FWIW - on the return, husband is taking train to EWR and flying United PS back to LAX!

SpammersAreScum Jul 26, 2016 5:49 pm

Not to duplicate the relevant discussion in the LUS A321 thread, but it is worth noting that the lav is in front of 22B and C; nothing wrong with 22D and E. And 23A and F are great seats legroom-wise because there's no 22A or F, and have no lav issues; I've been in both.

SkysDlimit32k Jul 28, 2016 10:36 am

Consult SeatGuru

zrs70 Aug 14, 2016 11:46 am

Update

Dear all,

Last month I wrote the following:

Originally Posted by zrs70 (Post 26971785)
Dear all,

Let the buyer beware. It's my own fault for not doing research. But the side of me that believes in the good of all others got the better of me.

My husband needed to fly LAX-PHL (for the DNC). I got a good fare on AA, and I purchased Main Cabin Extra for an additional $64. I opted for seat 22C, as it was an exit row.

As a UA flyer, I just didn't know the AA system very well.

My husband just texted. Here is what he wrote:

"I literally had the very WORST seat on plane. Flight attended kept on apologizing to me and telling me how bad she felt for me. :(

Add endless lines for smelly toilet and a parades of butts directly in my face. And getting hit every minute by everyone because seat protrudes onto aisle."

Only after I got the texts did I consult with seat guru.

Would a letter to AA warrant a refund of the fee? While he had extra leg room, the seat is 3 inches narrower. Not exactly premium!

I wrote a letter, and AA got back to me within days basically saying that they can't interact with me on behalf of a third party.

Fair enough.

So I wrote a second letter in the name of my husband. While neither of us heard back from AA, I did notice a refund of the upgrade credited my my AMEX account.

batboy Aug 15, 2016 7:40 am

Preparing for PHL-SAN on 321

Flying from PHL to San Diego on a 321 with children. Last time I was on an AA/US 321, the interior was shot. No entertainment, literally duct tape holding the armrest together, no wifi. . . . Trying to prepare for a 5+ hour coach flight with kids, was hoping someone could give me an idea of what to expect. Is there any chance that we'll have in-flight entertainment or wifi? Any chance this won't be yet another completely embarrassing plane that United, JetBlue, Virgin, etc. etc. can put to shame?

danohio Aug 15, 2016 7:51 am

Originally Posted by batboy (Post 27066774)
Flying from PHL to San Diego on a 321 with children. Last time I was on an AA/US 321, the interior was shot. No entertainment, literally duct tape holding the armrest together, no wifi. . . . Trying to prepare for a 5+ hour coach flight with kids, was hoping someone could give me an idea of what to expect. Is there any chance that we'll have in-flight entertainment or wifi? Any chance this won't be yet another completely embarrassing plane that United, JetBlue, Virgin, etc. etc. can put to shame?

WiFi, yes and there will also be streaming entertainment to your device. It may be free now as well. I would reccomend getting one of those portable usb chargers. They will help keep your devices charges in lieu of outlets in board. As for the condition of the plane, it is likely that it will be not in great shape, as is the standard for most US 321s.

shgroamer Aug 15, 2016 8:08 am

Out of PHL you're probably in an LUS plane. They have "newer" 321's as well which are in better shape, but don't have any features beyond what their old 321's have/what you experienced. No IFE of any kind. They should have wifi though.

reeg2 Aug 15, 2016 8:20 am

Originally Posted by danohio (Post 27066813)
WiFi, yes and there will also be streaming entertainment to your device. It may be free now as well. I would reccomend getting one of those portable usb chargers. They will help keep your devices charges in lieu of outlets in board. As for the condition of the plane, it is likely that it will be not in great shape, as is the standard for most US 321s.

Wireless streaming of content to your own device is not present on every GoGo equipped aircraft. Learned that the hard way a few weeks back on a LAA plane.

CMK10 Aug 15, 2016 9:54 pm

Ended up on one of these from DFW-PHX last week. When I booked the trip it was supposed to be flown with a 32B but it was swapped to this at some point. By the time check in opened, none of the exit row windows or good aisles or the bulkhead were open so for my first time in a long time, I flew as a Gold in a non-MCE seat. Thankfully, DFW-PHX is just two hours but it still wasn't much fun.

wrp96 Aug 16, 2016 3:08 pm

Am I correct that if it just says 321, then it's the LUS A321?

Djokison Aug 16, 2016 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by wrp96 (Post 27074523)
Am I correct that if it just says 321, then it's the LUS A321?

Correct.

MiamiAirport Formerly NY George Aug 16, 2016 4:17 pm

Be aware that AA is switching some routes to LUS a/c so your 32B might become a LUS 321. I seem to be seeing a lot of these a/c lately and will be seeing two of them on Friday.

wrp96 Aug 16, 2016 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge (Post 27074836)
Be aware that AA is switching some routes to LUS a/c so your 32B might become a LUS 321. I seem to be seeing a lot of these a/c lately and will be seeing two of them on Friday.

That's why I was asking. I have an upcoming DFW-SEA-DFW trip that shows a 321 one direction and a 321B the other direction.

george 3 Aug 16, 2016 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge (Post 27074836)

Many of the LGA DFW have had these beasts placed on the route where it was formerly all 738s (new). Frankly, I would have preferred that they go back to the MD 80s. Some of the legacy US aircraft (even the E75s) are just awful on the inside, proving that the AA beasts were better than the US beasts.

mileshound Aug 16, 2016 8:33 pm

Haven't flown a 321 in a while and am going in F CLT-CUN. It is listed as a 321 and based on that and the seatmap it is a legacy US bird. This means no IFE and only wifi.

If I didn't know better I would think I would have great ride. By clicking on the 321 link when making a reservation on aa.com this 321 page comes up and states IFE and power. How do they post this without it being fraud? There are no disclaimers

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...irbus-a321.jsp

Features of the Airbus A321
First Class
First class seat A321

Leather seating throughout
Innovative new seat designs
Inflight Wi-Fi capability
AC power outlets and USB ports at every seat
Complimentary ear buds
Enhanced complimentary food and beverage options
A 12-inch touchscreen monitor that offers on-demand entertainment with up to 250 movies, 130 TV shows, 18 radio channels and 380 albums