Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

[Archived] AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (2015-2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Archived] AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (2015-2018)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2016, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
Is there a place where one can check whether an unreconstructed fare is offered by a given airline for a city pair so as to be able to have a complex multi airline ticket issued under one award? Eg., will KL offer a fare for PPT-AMM where it is the principal carrier PPT[TN]AKL[KL]KUL[KL]BKK[RJ]AMM so it could be ticketed on a single South Pacific to Middle East award? Finding this out in advance could save considerable time on pointless calls with AAdvantage agents.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 6:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

expert flyer is good for this
Old Sep 1, 2016, 6:39 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
How does one search Jet Airways availability?
Old Sep 1, 2016, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by discoverCSG
How does one search Jet Airways availability?
I think you need access to a Jet airways account that has had some miles deposited in it.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites
I think you need access to a Jet airways account that has had some miles deposited in it.
I come to flyertalk for answers, and that was an answer!

Thank you!
Old Sep 5, 2016, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
If I take a voluntary downgrade from J to PE on a partner award segment (in my case, CX), am I automatically waitlisted to be upgraded to J at the gate? I'd obviously routinely check if space opens up, but if nothing opens up until at the gate, am I waitlisted? Or should I take to the gate agent and explain the situation? Or am I SOL?
Old Sep 5, 2016, 8:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Smiley90
If I take a voluntary downgrade from J to PE on a partner award segment (in my case, CX), am I automatically waitlisted to be upgraded to J at the gate? I'd obviously routinely check if space opens up, but if nothing opens up until at the gate, am I waitlisted? Or should I take to the gate agent and explain the situation? Or am I SOL?
Really has to be handled through AAdvantage.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Really has to be handled through AAdvantage.
kk, thanks!
Old Sep 5, 2016, 8:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Since AA doesn't issue PE awards, I would be surprised if AAdvantage was to permit a voluntary downgrade to PE but would require a downgrade to Economy

The only way to get moved into business is if U class opens up. there is no point asking CX agents to give you a free upgrade ( CX is only being paid based on class ticketed regardless of what you pay AA )
Old Sep 5, 2016, 10:45 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
You are not wait-listed for anything. If a business award opens up on CX, you have to call AAdvantage and get your ticket changed. Other AA/CX employees cannot upgrade you. However, you can call till pretty late.

An EF alert will be of great help, though not a substitute for obsessively checking all the time yourself.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 12:54 am

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
I tried to do a search and couldnt find the answer.
Now that Canada is a separate region; from the US can I still do SEA-YVR-HKG if there is a published CX fare?
- Is this possible or would it be transiting thru a 3rd region and invalid?
- If it is possible then would it be US-->Asia 2 or Canada-->Asia 2 pricing?
Old Sep 15, 2016, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by mrkymark
I tried to do a search and couldnt find the answer.
Now that Canada is a separate region; from the US can I still do SEA-YVR-HKG if there is a published CX fare?
- Is this possible or would it be transiting thru a 3rd region and invalid?
- If it is possible then would it be US-->Asia 2 or Canada-->Asia 2 pricing?
As far as I know, Canada is still considered "North America" for purposes of the 3rd region connection rules. So for a US-Asia 2 award, you can still connect through YVR on the way to HKG. The new award chart just prices the awards slightly differently if you start or end the trip in Canada.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 3:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond. SPG Plat. Marriott Plat.
Award Routing Question

Hi All

Hoping for some insight here.

Trying to book an award from BOS-MLE.

I'm flying BOS-DOH in biz on QR, however I'm running into issues with the DOH - MLE leg

Am I able to book BOS-DOH and then AUH-MLE on one award ticket?

I would book a cheap avois award separately from DOH to AUH

Appreciate the help

Last edited by Westin; Sep 15, 2016 at 3:20 pm
Old Sep 15, 2016, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by Westin.
Am I able to book BOS-DOH and then AUH-MLE on one award ticket?
No.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 3:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond. SPG Plat. Marriott Plat.
Originally Posted by discoverCSG
No.
Does AA not allow double open jaw or open jaw tickets anymore?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.