Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2015 AA International Meals - menu /menus, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2015, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR'S NOTE

Please post your menus, photos, questions, and answers regarding meals on 2015 AA International Flights here. Remember that you can also use the Search this Thread feature to search within this thread for previous posts on your route or flight.

Also, images are welcome, but please remember to adhere to the Rules:

8. Posting of Images
You may embed non-animated images in your posts. Your images must conform to all FlyerTalk content rules, must convey relevant, on-topic information and are not allowed in signature lines or user profiles other than in the space designated in your profile for your picture. (See also, Rule 2 — User Profiles.) Please size your images large enough to get your point across but not so that they distort FlyerTalk standard column widths.
For post 9 Sep 2014 combined AA and US Domestic meals, see: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

For 2014 Domestic AApm Flights, see: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

For threads from previous years, see:

2014: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

2013: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

2012: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

2011: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

2010: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

2009: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

Print Wikipost

2015 AA International Meals - menu /menus, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2015, 7:14 am

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
AA 135 LHR-LAX J-Class - February 2015

AA 135 LHR-LAX Business Class

Starter
Herbed Chicken
with tzatziki sauce, cucumber red onion relish and Boursin cheese stuffed Peppadew

Salad
Mixed Greens with Sun-dried Tomatoes and Pine Nuts
With your choice of creamy basil dressing or balsamic vinaigrette

Assorted gourmet breads will be served with your meal

Entrees
Beef Tenderloin
With Korean bulgogi sauce, mixed vegetables and wasabi mashed potatoes

Seared Chicken Breast with Creamy Brie Cheese
With toasted gnocchi and tomato and artichoke sauce

Parmesan Crusted Roasted Cod
With mushroom risotto, grilled vegetables, and a tomato basil cream sauce

Asian Egg Noodles
With a sweet chili sauce

Dessert
Traditional Ice Cream Sundae
Vanilla ice cream with your choice of hot fudge, butterscotch, or seasonal berry toppings, whipped cream and pecans

Gourmet Cheese Plate
Havarti, Boseique, and Blue Bouregard Stick

Cannoli

Mid-Flight Snacks
Help yourself to a variety of sweet and savory snacks located near our galley

Light Meal
Croque Monsieur Sandwich
With potato salad
by

Entree Salad
Fresh mixed greens topped with a turkey and stuffed pepper skewer, served with lime and yogurt dressing
Salad available without turkey upon request

Dessert
Border's Viennese Whirl Cookies

Had really great service from FA Caroline and the rest of the crew. The snack bar was kept stocked and refreshed throughout the flight with packaged snacks, fruit cups, cheese plates, cannoli, antipasto cups, and chocolates. This was my first time with the new hard product on the 77W, and I was very impressed.

Food-wise, the appetizer and ice cream were good. I had pre-ordered the chicken, and by the time they'd reached me at 7A, it sounded like they'd run out of beef. (Ordering started from the back of the cabin) The main certainly didn't look appetizing, and the chicken was a little dry, but didn't taste too bad. Frequent (and strong) refills on my gin & tonic. Overall, food was so-so, but the great service made the difference.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 9:30 am

Is it just me, or does AA J food look as good as, if not better than, F food? Doesn't seem to be much differentiation between food selections in those two premium cabins?
Old Mar 2, 2015, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Is it just me, or does AA J food look as good as, if not better than, F food? Doesn't seem to be much differentiation between food selections in those two premium cabins?
They're really pretty much the same. The mains are basically exactly the same.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 10:46 am

Programs: aa exp, ihg plat amb
I will be flying J DFW-NRT. The 2 lunch options I'm considering

Traditional Japanese Meal
Saikyo Yaki trout with boiled turnips, green beans, carrot flowers, and soy braised lotus root

Mochi Chicken
Offered with teriyaki sauce, roasted mashed sweet potatoes and baby bok choy

Anyone try these or have an opinion?
Old Mar 2, 2015, 10:48 am
Suspended

Programs: AA Advanatge
Seeing these reports was one thing, as I had not flown since Nov on the DFW-HKG, but had to buy a ticket 48 hours before I left, was looking for J and AA was sold out the day I needed to leave (Feb 28), so jumes on Cathay in J out of ORD....been more than a year since I had been on CX----wow I forgot how much better CX is. Food quality sooo much better. Wine selection? Different world.

Service? Early in the flight I exit the bathroom and requested a soda expecting them to hand me a can and offer a glass, but no, they insisted I sit and it would be brought to me, it was, and was carried to me on a tray. Additionally, each time I walked to the bathroom all of the FAs were standing or hovering and quick to nicely check to see if I need anything, versus the AA flight attendants who are all reading and feel my request or my mere presence to be a bother. Just forgot the difference, especially when previously the food quality was different but not as bad as it has gotten.

I'm not waiting around for them to improve things as they claim they are, CX only for me now. Will miss the wifi though.......

Cheers,
AA777
Old Mar 19, 2015, 6:55 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
From today's 1200-delayed-to-1245 LHR-LAX (AA135):

Starter: Caprese Salad with balsamic reduction
Salad: Mixed Greens with Julienned Red and Yellow Peppers

Entree: Roasted salmon with Beurre Blanc sauce, parslied potatoes and a tomato ragout

Light Meal pre-arrival:

Chopped salad with roasted chicken
(chicken, tomatoes, cucumbers, pumpkin seeds and blue cheese on a bed of fresh greens served with ranch dressing) - this reminded me of the fantastic salads AA had in years past - very good

Old Mar 20, 2015, 2:59 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Ugh that foil/metal ramekin is so gross
Old Mar 20, 2015, 12:56 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Had that Cobb(ish) salad on ZRH - JFK a few weeks ago. Not too bad, but still mediocre compared to the pre 9/1 entree salads.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 2:10 am

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Ugh that foil/metal ramekin is so gross
Agreed. Imagine my surprise when there was one on my plate on a CX J flight last month.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 4:28 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Midnight departure dinner MIA-GIG?

Many months from departure but excited to have booked J at a great price. AA905 says Dinner, Breakfast, but the flight departs the MIA gate (in theory) at 11:54pm.

We will have had an AA F domestic dinner ORD-MIA, and scrounged whatever the club has in MIA on layover to top up. So my question is: does AA offer an express dinner in J? Is the standard to do a full, multi-course, (ie 90min+?) J dinner service after midnight?

Block time to GIG is only a little over 8 hours and there is a breakfast service, so we're likely to want to focus on sleep knowing breakfast means lights back on some 90 mins before arrival.

Have folks flown this, do most J pax skip dinner and sleep? How long are cabin lights on, dishes clinking, etc? Does seat choice matter (galley noise/light)? We're thinking 9HJ for better view ahead of the wing on the 772.

I know I can (and do) wear eye shades & ear plugs but they only do so much during active cabin meal service.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RaflW
We will have had an AA F domestic dinner ORD-MIA, and scrounged whatever the club has in MIA on layover to top up. So my question is: does AA offer an express dinner in J? Is the standard to do a full, multi-course, (90min+ J?) dinner service after midnight?
Everyone in J on these flights now gets express dinner whether they want it or not. Same for eastbound TATL.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA Concierge Key
Originally Posted by RaflW
Many months from departure but excited to have booked J at a great price. AA905 says Dinner, Breakfast, but the flight departs the MIA gate (in theory) at 11:54pm.

We will have had an AA F domestic dinner ORD-MIA, and scrounged whatever the club has in MIA on layover to top up. So my question is: does AA offer an express dinner in J? Is the standard to do a full, multi-course, (ie 90min+?) J dinner service after midnight?

Block time to GIG is only a little over 8 hours and there is a breakfast service, so we're likely to want to focus on sleep knowing breakfast means lights back on some 90 mins before arrival.

Have folks flown this, do most J pax skip dinner and sleep? How long are cabin lights on, dishes clinking, etc? Does seat choice matter (galley noise/light)? We're thinking 9HJ for better view ahead of the wing on the 772.

I know I can (and do) wear eye shades & ear plugs but they only do so much during active cabin meal service.
On my recent flights to SSA, GRU, and GIG out of MIA, usually most people take dinner, and you'll be lucky to get more than 4-4.5 hours of quiet time between dinner and breakfast service.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by cmd320
Everyone in J on these flights now gets express dinner whether they want it or not. Same for eastbound TATL.
Do you mean the one tray express service? Because I was still given a choice on my most recent TATL flight (MIA-LHR 7:04). I received the courses separately.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 11:49 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Djokison
Do you mean the one tray express service? Because I was still given a choice on my most recent TATL flight (MIA-LHR 7:04). I received the courses separately.
As seems expected for a typical departure TATL. I've not flown AA in J before but UA has a one-tray option in J for folks who'd like to sleep or get work done. Hoping I can get something similar on the very late evening MIA-GIG.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Djokison
Interesting. I was under the impression that it had all gone single tray. Perhaps that's only from JFK?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.