Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LUS: AA using widebodies for domestic/Caribbean/Mexico flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LUS: AA using widebodies for domestic/Caribbean/Mexico flights

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2015, 12:50 pm

Programs: AA Gold, AF apologist
Originally Posted by rhg247
Just for an added data point, 12/5 leg of PHL CLT is an A333 so they're definitely around.
I'm actually on this flight (AA 559) on 12/6 and was pleased when it was upgraded from the (originally-scheduled) A319 (if I remember correctly). I am coming in from LHR on their 333 (AA 733). Out of curiosity, might it be the same plane? I arrive into CLT at 2:10 and depart for PHL at 4:00.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Originally Posted by mapboyPHL
I'm actually on this flight (AA 559) on 12/6 and was pleased when it was upgraded from the (originally-scheduled) A319 (if I remember correctly). I am coming in from LHR on their 333 (AA 733). Out of curiosity, might it be the same plane? I arrive into CLT at 2:10 and depart for PHL at 4:00.
I have had cases where it has been - such as a time I did FRA-PHL-CLT last year -but there will likely be enough A330s around so it doesn't have to be.

However, since you need to clear immigration in PHL and couldn't stay on the plane or at the gate anyway during your connection, it likely doesn't matter much practically in the sense that it won't really change your experience at the airport.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 11:23 am

Programs: AA Gold, AF apologist
Originally Posted by phlwookie
I have had cases where it has been - such as a time I did FRA-PHL-CLT last year -but there will likely be enough A330s around so it doesn't have to be.

However, since you need to clear immigration in PHL and couldn't stay on the plane or at the gate anyway during your connection, it likely doesn't matter much practically in the sense that it won't really change your experience at the airport.
Yeah, I will have to clear immigration and customs in CLT. Since this is a pretty early flight (deep LHR at 9:45am), I just wasn't sure if the other 330s will be there already or arrive later. I was more curious than anything else.

Thanks!
Old Oct 14, 2015, 4:53 am

Programs: AA EXP
There are always a couple A330s at the CLT hangar...I have seen them pull one out of there for some of my afternoon flights in the past rather than rotating one through that recently arrived from a revenue flight.

Although likely, your onward flight won't necessarily be on an aircraft that just came over from Europe....
Old Nov 21, 2015, 6:50 am

Lot's of widebodies on flights today. When I landed in PHL late last night there were at least 4 330s parked at A for early morning Sat. flights

11/21
PHL-
PUJ: 1x 333
CUN: 1x 332
SJU: 1x 332
MCO: 2x 332
MIA: 1x 763, 1x 333
PHX: 1x 333
SXM: 1x 332
CLT: 1x 333
Old Jan 15, 2016, 7:26 pm

Thought I'd update the list. It looks like Fri/Sun see the most domestic widebodies from the US side
1/22
PHL-
MIA: 1x 332, 2x 763
MCO: 3x 332
CLT: 1x 333
SJU: 1x 333
PUJ: 1x 332
CUN: 1x 333

CLT
SJU: 1x 332
PHL: 1x 333
PUJ: 1x 332
CUN: 1x 332
MCO: 1x 332
Old Feb 12, 2016, 1:13 am
Suspended

Hi everyone,

Not sure if it is the right place to ask, feel free to redirect me.

I am planning a trip to PUJ next Dec in First, I know it's far from now but I have to book it in the coming weeks. I have several possibilities but noticed with your posts that sometimes flights from CLT or PHL to PUJ are operated with widebodies aircraft.
I am totally new to aa and never took it before, I am also a newbe regarding all US airports.

What would be according to you to best bet to make, CLT or PHL ? (I can also choose MIA but it seems that it is always a 737 on this route)

Thanks
Old Nov 9, 2018, 2:33 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC
Sorry for resurrecting a thread from a long time ago, but this is the only thing I could find when I searched.

I am bringing my mother in law out to visit in December and she is flying back home on Christmas Day. Currently, using points, I can book her in first class from PHX to CLT and it shows the aircraft as an A330 widebody with the Open Suites in first class.

How often do they have equipment changes? Do I need to be worried about her being bumped out of first class if there is a change?
Old Nov 9, 2018, 3:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by GNALUZU
Sorry for resurrecting a thread from a long time ago, but this is the only thing I could find when I searched.

I am bringing my mother in law out to visit in December and she is flying back home on Christmas Day. Currently, using points, I can book her in first class from PHX to CLT and it shows the aircraft as an A330 widebody with the Open Suites in first class.

How often do they have equipment changes? Do I need to be worried about her being bumped out of first class if there is a change?
Probably this late no but not guaranteed. There could be a downgrade of equipment on day of flight. I’m assuming an award ticket would be bumped before a revenue ticket.
GNALUZU likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by GNALUZU

This is a regular seasonal service in past years there wasn't a sub aircraft for these A330, they are a nice flight east. I wouldn't worry too much,
GNALUZU likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
This is a regular seasonal service in past years there wasn't a sub aircraft for these A330, they are a nice flight east. I wouldn't worry too much,
Yes. The inbound aircraft is from HNL. The only issue would be a mechanical issue either in HNL or PHX. There wouldn't be a spare 330 for the flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.