FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   [Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1443218-archived-2015-aa-com-website-app-down-glitch-bug-fix-etc-consolidated.html)

JDiver Feb 27, 2015 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by Rich Fettig (Post 24428201)
IF you make a reservation with about 24 days to spare...all of a sudden the website wont be avaialble to enter in information such as passport information, nationality etc..and as soon a sit is an hour less than the 21 days ---boom it is available they charge you an additional $75 to "expedite the ticket delviery" THIS IS ILLEGAL /......../ BAD CUSTOMER RELATIONS. this is a damn tricky way to jack up fees on the traveling public and should be stopped. is there an attorney reading this...class action lawsuit here could be substantial, as i have seen this over and over in web search sites

Interesting this hasn't been mentioned previously.

By the way, FlyerTalk doesn't allow cross-posting, nor do we like obsolete, older threads 2009) be bumped up. Your other post is a duplicate, and a cross-posting, so it has been deleted.

/Moderator

cmn.jcs Feb 27, 2015 9:55 pm

FWIW, the two international reservations I've made in the past couple weeks haven't required passport info at booking. Are you talking about other info, like passenger name and DOB?

josephstern Mar 6, 2015 6:42 pm

Can't login to any AA account in my family . . .

msv777 Mar 6, 2015 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern (Post 24467892)
Can't login to any AA account in my family . . .

Same here... Mobile app was crawling a few minutes ago as well. Now I get the server not responding error.

Cheers.

HGF Mar 6, 2015 6:51 pm

it's back up

Kaneohe0850 Mar 6, 2015 11:04 pm

Have been trying to make a reservation for domestic travel all day and everytime I try to buy the flights, I get a message that the fare has changed and the new fare is $xx; when I try to buy the new fare, it says the fare has changed and the price reverts to the original price. This just loops on and on and on. Have tried deleting cookies, changing browsers but no luck.
Can anyone help??? Need to buy these tix for business travel that is quickly approaching.

JIMCHI Mar 7, 2015 10:48 am

Originally Posted by Kaneohe0850 (Post 24468579)
Have been trying to make a reservation for domestic travel all day and everytime I try to buy the flights, I get a message that the fare has changed and the new fare is $xx; when I try to buy the new fare, it says the fare has changed and the price reverts to the original price. This just loops on and on and on. Have tried deleting cookies, changing browsers but no luck.
Can anyone help??? Need to buy these tix for business travel that is quickly approaching.

Contact AA Web Services at 1-800-222-2377. They are open almost 24 hrs. a day.

worldiswide Mar 8, 2015 6:39 pm

Why cant AA show any reservation made with miles from your account, whether it is an AA flight or not. It is really hard to keep track of locator number from other airlines to get seats, and not have the reservation in the My trips as a reminder. I called webservices, and they could not find a reservation on a partner, and then told me since it was an International flight, they could not help. When they transferred me, the wait time was 30 minutes.. doesn't really seem like a help line. They also told me that elites had complained about seeing any reservation made with their miles for others, but gain its a pretty easy programming code to sort by passenger and present it all... it certainly would be nice to have a list of all awards and the passengers to keep track of one place. and even better if the customer could sort by passenger if necessary. might even save some calls!!

Phoenixtinct Mar 8, 2015 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by worldiswide (Post 24475976)
Why cant AA show any reservation made with miles from your account, whether it is an AA flight or not. It is really hard to keep track of locator number from other airlines to get seats, and not have the reservation in the My trips as a reminder. I called webservices, and they could not find a reservation on a partner, and then told me since it was an International flight, they could not help. When they transferred me, the wait time was 30 minutes.. doesn't really seem like a help line. They also told me that elites had complained about seeing any reservation made with their miles for others, but gain its a pretty easy programming code to sort by passenger and present it all... it certainly would be nice to have a list of all awards and the passengers to keep track of one place. and even better if the customer could sort by passenger if necessary. might even save some calls!!

Last award I booked a month ago (over the phone since travel was on CX), I specifically requested the AA and CX PNR. I tried entering it into aa.com but it didn't show up. So, I called back - travel was same day - within 12 hours and I asked why I can't locate the reservation and was told that once it goes in the Ticketing queue, it cannot be pulled up on aa.com until the reservation is ticketed and then it becomes available again.

AA is using some archaic process when it comes to awards - they are processed manually (WHY?) and take forever to ticketp - don't include partner PNR if partner is involved and when I've asked about it, I was told that the delay is due to partner inventory needing to be confirmed. Both BA and UA don't do that and ticket almost immediately with other airlines' PNRs easily accessible. Not to mention that reservations (paid or award) routinely are not displayed under My Trips. I've been using my US CP number for the past several month but once everything is AAdvantage, I'll have to call Web Services and figure out what is going on. AA needs to spend a considerable amount of time and effort on improving their IT. But I'm sure someone will point out that with the merger they have more pressing things to take care of. Hopefully, those regular weekend outages as of late mean that when DM accounts transition to AAdvantage, that will be a smooth process. Time will tell.

worldiswide Mar 8, 2015 8:46 pm

I share your frustration. Yes, there may be more pressing issues in the merger, but the customer experience should be somewhere in the equation. It would actually reduce expenses if the self service facilities worked well. I am the family travel planner and keep track of everyone's travel, so it is more than just me. Guess that is what this forum is for.

GrjApp Mar 9, 2015 7:39 pm

Weird problem, happened twice now. Had a reservation on hold and went to cancel it. First try by hitting Purchase from the Hold email - it pulls up the reservation but tells me I can't cancel it because I'm not the person who made the reservation.

Try pulling it up under My Trips (used my US DM# so can't pull up under my AA account). Same thing happens.

Then I try it from my iPad - works like a charm, reservation cancelled.

Are they tracking devices that a reservation is made with? I probably made it on the iPad and tried to cancel on a laptop. (I know I can just let it lapse but I needed to do another hold and it has happened before where it wouldn't let me proceed until I cancel the first one).

jaynyc Mar 11, 2015 4:17 am

'Accusing' Me Of Making a Mistake...

Just tried to review the flights already booked, and this message came up (none of it applies to my just clicking on the link 'My Trips.')

Invalid State Error
Unfortunately, we are unable to continue due to one of the following:

Too much time has elapsed between submitting entries
Multiple browser windows have been opened
Incorrect use of the browser's Back button
Attempting to use expired bookmarked pages

Any changes that were attempted may be lost. Please start over.

[Starting over kicked me out altogether]

kdinino Mar 21, 2015 10:01 pm

SAN-DFW Pulled? [no - AA.com schedule update glitch]

mystified here....trying to book SAN to DFW in mid June and there are no direct options? Looking on aa.com and kayak

solosf Mar 21, 2015 10:09 pm

Google flights shows some: https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...5;r=2015-06-19

Edit: though, only as code shares on Alaska (AA metal). It's Saturday night, loading new schedule, perhaps?

bdemaria Mar 21, 2015 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by kdinino (Post 24545171)
mystified here....trying to book SAN to DFW in mid June and there are no direct options? Looking on aa.com and kayak

Its a glitch - I'm seeing 7 or 8 daily on June 15, 16, 17 (just random mid June dates I picked on EF). Close out your browser and try again. If that doesn't work, call in - or wait a couple of hours. Sat pm/Sun am is often when AA loads schedule changes, updates and it can lead to some weirdness.