FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   [Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1443218-archived-2015-aa-com-website-app-down-glitch-bug-fix-etc-consolidated.html)

nrr Jan 11, 2015 1:47 pm

Lately I've (also) been seeing the message:
Notice: We are experiencing technical difficulties and are unable to display your reservation at this time. Please try again.
I thought it might be computer/browser related, but I get it on my ipad and computers in AC's, Amex Centurion lounges, etc.
[Even though I subscribe to EF and have "SWU alerts" in place I still check the related itns on aa.com--hoping to see a (similar) message noting that the details of the reservation can't be shown--indicating that my upg has cleared.:)]

_kurt Jan 11, 2015 2:45 pm

Here's a mystery. In my online summary my "Ending Balance" is xxx,595, but my "Total Available Award Mileage" is xxx,597. I guess the extra 2 miles are a Christmas bonus?

ckendall Jan 11, 2015 7:15 pm

Not able to get into the website:

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later.

VSLover Jan 14, 2015 7:27 am

website mess?

we know the website has been really buggy lately but is anyone else having serious issues lately?

last night i called to re-book a flight. this morning the original and new flights disappeared from my profile. because no confirmation email had been sent, they could not find it--though my amex was charged. after calling the exp desk twice, a woman found it.

two additional flights that show as ticketed on my profile (purchased last night) still have yet to yield an email confirmation. of course when i went to look 20mins ago, one flight disappeared and i had to recall it via the locater which i had thanks to a screenshot (because i knew something would go awry).

Microwave Jan 14, 2015 8:14 am

Originally Posted by VSLover (Post 24164680)
we know the website has been really buggy lately but is anyone else having serious issues lately?

last night i called to re-book a flight. this morning the original and new flights disappeared from my profile. because no confirmation email had been sent, they could not find it--though my amex was charged. after calling the exp desk twice, a woman found it.

two additional flights that show as ticketed on my profile (purchased last night) still have yet to yield an email confirmation. of course when i went to look 20mins ago, one flight disappeared and i had to recall it via the locater which i had thanks to a screenshot (because i knew something would go awry).

As there's an extant thread discussing website issues, I'll merge this post in.

~Moderator

AlphaTango Jan 14, 2015 10:16 am

I made a reservation yesterday afternoon, AmEx was charged almost instantly.
Got the locator code (screenshot), never received a confirmation email.

Checked last night on aa.com - reservation says "ticketed", so all looks good.

This morning - still no confirmation email and I go to look up the reservation - it's gone. Try to pull it up by locator code - "We are experiencing technical difficulties and cannot display your reservation"

What's going on? Is this the shape of things to come?

VSLover Jan 14, 2015 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by AlphaTango (Post 24165676)
I made a reservation yesterday afternoon, AmEx was charged almost instantly.
Got the locator code (screenshot), never received a confirmation email.

Checked last night on aa.com - reservation says "ticketed", so all looks good.

This morning - still no confirmation email and I go to look up the reservation - it's gone. Try to pull it up by locator code - "We are experiencing technical difficulties and cannot display your reservation"

What's going on? Is this the shape of things to come?

ok well at least its good to know im not the only one thinking im crazy :)

exactly what is happening.

flightrisk Jan 14, 2015 9:35 pm

I also booked a flight last night (1/13) and didn't receive a confirmation email. I called up AA and they didn't know of any problem but they had someone else's email address associated to my ticket. They corrected it and said they sent out a new email but I have yet to receive it.

I had to book the flight logged out because the website refused to recognize my US status.

Ugh, now that I look at the website my reservation status is still "Ticket pending."

VSLover Jan 15, 2015 6:11 am

yes, three calls to the Exp desk and three alleged emails sent. none received. and still not showing in my profile yet they claim it is all ticketed!

chicagoflyer1976 Jan 16, 2015 12:16 pm

booked three tickets this week,and did not receive any email receipts.
i've called and they said they've all been sent.
Really annoying, as I need to forward these.

txrus Jan 16, 2015 12:21 pm

Put a ticket on hold yesterday (while colleague figured out her flights).
No e-mail rec'd for this.
Paid for the ticket this morning-no e-mail confirmation rec'd.
When I logged in to pay for the ticket, seats selected yesterday had vanished.

Wonder how much Discount Dougie is saving on this latest 'enhancement'? :mad:

MVF Trekker Jan 16, 2015 1:25 pm

It seems AA account logins are currently disabled.

Regarding balance discrepancies, note that sometimes there are adjustments that AA doesn't always note in your account online. Therefore, you cannot see them but it's reflected in your available balance.
You can try calling AAdvantage to see if there have been any adjustments made in your account not shown in your statement. The agent may have to look hard because sometimes they are not clearly shown from their end or even dated. That may account for the discrepancies seen in some cases.

AlphaTango Jan 16, 2015 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by chicagoflyer1976 (Post 24179662)
booked three tickets this week,and did not receive any email receipts.
i've called and they said they've all been sent.
Really annoying, as I need to forward these.

Data point: I finally got my confirmation email, 3 days after I booked the flight.

MojaveFlyer Jan 16, 2015 5:58 pm

Still not able to log in.

chicagoflyer1976 Jan 17, 2015 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by AlphaTango (Post 24180189)
Data point: I finally got my confirmation email, 3 days after I booked the flight.

Same here -received the three I was missing was last week early this morning.