FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   [Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1443218-archived-2015-aa-com-website-app-down-glitch-bug-fix-etc-consolidated.html)

JDiver Jan 1, 2015 1:31 pm

[Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

Please note: older posts (2014 and prior) have been archived. The archive thread can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...g-fix-etc.html or accessed via the link provided in the wiki.

/Moderator

SESTAR Jan 7, 2015 1:23 pm

I have 3 reservations. All ticketed by AA. Yesterday, 2 reservations were showing. This morning, all three reservations were showing on my mobile app. This afternoon, only 1 is showing on mobile and reg website.

I messeged AA on FB, they said they have no idea why. All reservations have m AA FF #. They assured me m bookings are good. :D So nice, so kind.

luvthesun Jan 9, 2015 8:08 am

AA website problem?

Trying to price flights to UK. Website says invalid entry when I click on a price. Anyone else having probs just now?

eightmillionmiler Jan 9, 2015 8:42 am

Selecting meals but save button just repeats menu - if I cancel none of the meal choices are saved.

CMK10 Jan 9, 2015 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by luvthesun (Post 24131914)
Trying to price flights to UK. Website says invalid entry when I click on a price. Anyone else having probs just now?

I was having issues on that yesterday looking at flights to EDI. It kept saying "The Flight You Have Selected Has Sold Out" or giving me other error messages necessitating starting over :rolleyes:

luvthesun Jan 9, 2015 4:24 pm

@ CMK10: Have you managed to book or finish pricing flights? I'm looking for flights to GLA. Still showing as errors. Thx

CMK10 Jan 9, 2015 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by luvthesun (Post 24135182)
@ CMK10: Have you managed to book or finish pricing flights? I'm looking for flights to GLA. Still showing as errors. Thx

I managed to get pricing on routings I didn't particularly want, the trip isn't until May so I can hold off a little bit to see if this glitch or whatever it is goes away.

luvthesun Jan 9, 2015 4:42 pm

I'm looking to travel April into May and hoping to upgrade from econ to bus with miles and co-payment. Optimal flights with upgrades are showing on Expert Flyer.....but I can't get them booked on the website. Ho-hum! guess I'll have to phone in and book the flights, before the upgrades disappear!

Dr. HFH Jan 9, 2015 10:16 pm

Interesting glitch. My itinerary used to be $3,762.90 but seems to have gone up a bit. Now listed as "$3,762,900.00 USD." I wonder if someone in the systems group has that whole decimal thing wrong....

United747 Jan 10, 2015 1:16 am

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH (Post 24136637)
Interesting glitch. My itinerary used to be $3,762.90 but seems to have gone up a bit. Now listed as "$3,762,900.00 USD." I wonder if someone in the systems group has that whole decimal thing wrong....

You should request a refund :p

GrjApp Jan 10, 2015 7:29 am

I frequently get this message for reservations I'm monitoring, and also got it end of last year for another one. It seems to correct itself later in the day again. What's up with this? Usually followed by some Inavlid State message when I navigate elsewhere on the site.

Notice
We are experiencing technical difficulties and are unable to display your reservation at this time.
Please try again.

CMK10 Jan 10, 2015 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by GrjApp (Post 24138171)
I frequently get this message for reservations I'm monitoring, and also got it end of last year for another one. It seems to correct itself later in the day again. What's up with this? Usually followed by some Inavlid State message when I navigate elsewhere on the site.

I've been seeing that one too. Usually if I pull up my reservation later it's gone but it is certainly annoying.

luvthesun Jan 10, 2015 3:34 pm

Can't book any itinerary which includes a USAirways flight from RSW to GLA and return, for any date I'm looking at; April - May; still says not available and then when try another option, says "invalid state error". However, CAN book these flights on Orbitz!

tucsnaz Jan 10, 2015 8:41 pm

This afternoon I booked a flight from PHX-ORD through Concur and then immediately went into AA.com to submit the upgrade request. Oddly the reservation name was SMF/LAX.

When I verified the reservation it had the right cities and flight numbers. Is this a normal occurrence?

United747 Jan 10, 2015 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by tucsnaz (Post 24141852)
This afternoon I booked a flight from PHX-ORD through Concur and then immediately went into AA.com to submit the upgrade request. Oddly the reservation name was SMF/LAX.

When I verified the reservation it had the right cities and flight numbers. Is this a normal occurrence?

I've had that happen before, and I always book direct with AA. It's not a glitch with concur.

nrr Jan 11, 2015 1:47 pm

Lately I've (also) been seeing the message:
Notice: We are experiencing technical difficulties and are unable to display your reservation at this time. Please try again.
I thought it might be computer/browser related, but I get it on my ipad and computers in AC's, Amex Centurion lounges, etc.
[Even though I subscribe to EF and have "SWU alerts" in place I still check the related itns on aa.com--hoping to see a (similar) message noting that the details of the reservation can't be shown--indicating that my upg has cleared.:)]

_kurt Jan 11, 2015 2:45 pm

Here's a mystery. In my online summary my "Ending Balance" is xxx,595, but my "Total Available Award Mileage" is xxx,597. I guess the extra 2 miles are a Christmas bonus?

ckendall Jan 11, 2015 7:15 pm

Not able to get into the website:

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later.

VSLover Jan 14, 2015 7:27 am

website mess?

we know the website has been really buggy lately but is anyone else having serious issues lately?

last night i called to re-book a flight. this morning the original and new flights disappeared from my profile. because no confirmation email had been sent, they could not find it--though my amex was charged. after calling the exp desk twice, a woman found it.

two additional flights that show as ticketed on my profile (purchased last night) still have yet to yield an email confirmation. of course when i went to look 20mins ago, one flight disappeared and i had to recall it via the locater which i had thanks to a screenshot (because i knew something would go awry).

Microwave Jan 14, 2015 8:14 am

Originally Posted by VSLover (Post 24164680)
we know the website has been really buggy lately but is anyone else having serious issues lately?

last night i called to re-book a flight. this morning the original and new flights disappeared from my profile. because no confirmation email had been sent, they could not find it--though my amex was charged. after calling the exp desk twice, a woman found it.

two additional flights that show as ticketed on my profile (purchased last night) still have yet to yield an email confirmation. of course when i went to look 20mins ago, one flight disappeared and i had to recall it via the locater which i had thanks to a screenshot (because i knew something would go awry).

As there's an extant thread discussing website issues, I'll merge this post in.

~Moderator

AlphaTango Jan 14, 2015 10:16 am

I made a reservation yesterday afternoon, AmEx was charged almost instantly.
Got the locator code (screenshot), never received a confirmation email.

Checked last night on aa.com - reservation says "ticketed", so all looks good.

This morning - still no confirmation email and I go to look up the reservation - it's gone. Try to pull it up by locator code - "We are experiencing technical difficulties and cannot display your reservation"

What's going on? Is this the shape of things to come?

VSLover Jan 14, 2015 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by AlphaTango (Post 24165676)
I made a reservation yesterday afternoon, AmEx was charged almost instantly.
Got the locator code (screenshot), never received a confirmation email.

Checked last night on aa.com - reservation says "ticketed", so all looks good.

This morning - still no confirmation email and I go to look up the reservation - it's gone. Try to pull it up by locator code - "We are experiencing technical difficulties and cannot display your reservation"

What's going on? Is this the shape of things to come?

ok well at least its good to know im not the only one thinking im crazy :)

exactly what is happening.

flightrisk Jan 14, 2015 9:35 pm

I also booked a flight last night (1/13) and didn't receive a confirmation email. I called up AA and they didn't know of any problem but they had someone else's email address associated to my ticket. They corrected it and said they sent out a new email but I have yet to receive it.

I had to book the flight logged out because the website refused to recognize my US status.

Ugh, now that I look at the website my reservation status is still "Ticket pending."

VSLover Jan 15, 2015 6:11 am

yes, three calls to the Exp desk and three alleged emails sent. none received. and still not showing in my profile yet they claim it is all ticketed!

chicagoflyer1976 Jan 16, 2015 12:16 pm

booked three tickets this week,and did not receive any email receipts.
i've called and they said they've all been sent.
Really annoying, as I need to forward these.

txrus Jan 16, 2015 12:21 pm

Put a ticket on hold yesterday (while colleague figured out her flights).
No e-mail rec'd for this.
Paid for the ticket this morning-no e-mail confirmation rec'd.
When I logged in to pay for the ticket, seats selected yesterday had vanished.

Wonder how much Discount Dougie is saving on this latest 'enhancement'? :mad:

MVF Trekker Jan 16, 2015 1:25 pm

It seems AA account logins are currently disabled.

Regarding balance discrepancies, note that sometimes there are adjustments that AA doesn't always note in your account online. Therefore, you cannot see them but it's reflected in your available balance.
You can try calling AAdvantage to see if there have been any adjustments made in your account not shown in your statement. The agent may have to look hard because sometimes they are not clearly shown from their end or even dated. That may account for the discrepancies seen in some cases.

AlphaTango Jan 16, 2015 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by chicagoflyer1976 (Post 24179662)
booked three tickets this week,and did not receive any email receipts.
i've called and they said they've all been sent.
Really annoying, as I need to forward these.

Data point: I finally got my confirmation email, 3 days after I booked the flight.

MojaveFlyer Jan 16, 2015 5:58 pm

Still not able to log in.

chicagoflyer1976 Jan 17, 2015 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by AlphaTango (Post 24180189)
Data point: I finally got my confirmation email, 3 days after I booked the flight.

Same here -received the three I was missing was last week early this morning.

aktchi Jan 17, 2015 2:04 pm

I have made a few reservations recently and it is common to take 2-3 days for eticket number. However, this is not exactly a "glitch" I'd complain about.

AlphaTango Jan 17, 2015 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by aktchi (Post 24185351)
I have made a few reservations recently and it is common to take 2-3 days for eticket number. However, this is not exactly a "glitch" I'd complain about.

:confused: I regularly book flights with DL, AS, WN, US and AC. All of them send a confirmation within a few minutes of online booking. AA used to be the same. Something's definitely glitchy, IMHO. Couple that with the fact that reservations just disappear from the "My Trips" section - I think that's worthy of being called a glitch.

CMK10 Jan 17, 2015 3:26 pm

Getting a lot of Unavailable messages when trying to pull up my reservations again today :mad:

aktchi Jan 17, 2015 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by AlphaTango (Post 24185403)
:confused: I regularly book flights with DL, AS, WN, US and AC. All of them send a confirmation within a few minutes of online booking. AA used to be the same. Something's definitely glitchy, IMHO. Couple that with the fact that reservations just disappear from the "My Trips" section - I think that's worthy of being called a glitch.

I apologize if I wasn't clear. They are slow and this is certainly not desirable.

However, actually getting a notice which is accurate but slow bothers me less than it would if they made an important change and didn't let me know, or if they communicated wrong information.

michael_v Jan 18, 2015 10:29 am

Originally Posted by CMK10 (Post 24185678)
Getting a lot of Unavailable messages when trying to pull up my reservations again today :mad:

Same here with an award ticket. Called and was told they are switching booking classes for US Airways. I can confirm this by looking at my reservation on usairways.com, the first class award class changed from O to Z. She didn't know when and if this reservation will show again on aa.com.

allset2travel Jan 18, 2015 6:10 pm

I pulled up an award booking that was on HOLD, with the intent to purchase it. Went through all the way past cc details. Hit the “Purchase” button. Then came back with – “System Errors…try again later or… call AA……” etc.

I tried later, only to find that the “Purchase” button had now become “Cancel” button. I gave up.

Next morning, checked ”My trips”. That itin was TICKETED! Good that it was ticketed, but why the “System Erros” message? :mad:

TheSYDTraveller Jan 19, 2015 5:55 am

anyone having issues on the Oz website? Ive been trying to price an int but it just keeps erroring out. Right before the error you can even see the options...

chrisremo Jan 19, 2015 7:26 pm

Haven't been able to access my flights from AA.com.

Called Web Services today:
Rep: "When I look at this flight it says it has already departed."
Me: "What do you mean?"
Rep: "It says the flight departed yesterday."
Me: "But the flight is for February 12, right?"
Rep: "Yes. I don't know what's wrong."

They couldn't get me any farther than that. Still can't see it on the site. I booked another flight after that, got an email confirmation but I can't see that one on the site either.

Also, I'm pretty sure the latest flight I booked was one that I already attempted to book and it just never went through. I had a flight on hold several days ago, then booked it, then immediately boarded another flight and didn't think anymore about the booking until just now when I went to look it up (it departs on Thursday) and realized it wasn't there. I ended up booking it a couple hours ago for $150 more. (That's the other flight that I can't see on AA.com.)

I thought maybe I had a brain fart and maybe I just forgot to book it but I'm extremely confident that I did in fact go through the whole process of booking that flight, because I was having an IM conversation with my SO during it. Seeing recent posts in this thread makes me more confident of that. But I don't have any tangible proof since I never got a booking confirmation so I don't think I really have a case with AA.

Anyway, on another note:

Apologies if this is a common issue or already discussed at length but does anyone know if there's any rhyme or reason to when AA.com gives you this more primitive and less usable scheduling tool? I get it sometimes and am never quite sure why.

http://i.imgur.com/JpuVfCj.jpg

VSLover Jan 19, 2015 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by chrisremo (Post 24197840)
Haven't been able to access my flights from AA.com.

Called Web Services today:
Rep: "When I look at this flight it says it has already departed."
Me: "What do you mean?"
Rep: "It says the flight departed yesterday."
Me: "But the flight is for February 12, right?"
Rep: "Yes. I don't know what's wrong."

They couldn't get me any farther than that. Still can't see it on the site. I booked another flight after that, got an email confirmation but I can't see that one on the site either.

Also, I'm pretty sure the latest flight I booked was one that I already attempted to book and it just never went through. I had a flight on hold several days ago, then booked it, then immediately boarded another flight and didn't think anymore about the booking until just now when I went to look it up (it departs on Thursday) and realized it wasn't there. I ended up booking it a couple hours ago for $150 more. (That's the other flight that I can't see on AA.com.)

I thought maybe I had a brain fart and maybe I just forgot to book it but I'm extremely confident that I did in fact go through the whole process of booking that flight, because I was having an IM conversation with my SO during it. Seeing recent posts in this thread makes me more confident of that. But I don't have any tangible proof since I never got a booking confirmation so I don't think I really have a case with AA.

Anyway, on another note:

Apologies if this is a common issue or already discussed at length but does anyone know if there's any rhyme or reason to when AA.com gives you this more primitive and less usable scheduling tool? I get it sometimes and am never quite sure why.

http://i.imgur.com/JpuVfCj.jpg

the best i can tell over this past week is everything is a disaster with the site. i have run in to lots of issues on booking four separate trips for the next three weeks but because i leave my tabs open in chrome, i had all the locators. so for now--write your locators down! that is the only way i can recall the itin and sometimes even the only way agents can find since the usual find by date thing the exp agents do will not work.

dfwtravelgirl Jan 20, 2015 1:24 pm

When is American Airlines going to get rid of their archaic website? This is what I saw when trying to log in today. "We are currently experiencing issues when retrieving seat information or checking in. If you need assistance, you may Contact American. We apologize for any inconvenience." This is the story everyday for the past 2 weeks. I put a reservation on hold to Denver and selected seats. When I went back the next day to purchase there was another reservation (which I did not make) to Denver and someone had named it SFO/MIA. Suddenly it just disappeared. When I selected the reservation I made it had no seats selected. WHAT!
I have also made several reservations and selected seats and when I go back to purchase the seats selection says unassigned. Very frustrating website these days!